• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#121 Warrok

Warrok

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

With 2.3.8 something weird is going on with gemming recommendations. I'm some 29 below the ArP softcap (using Needle-Encrusted Scorpion) in my Fury offspec. I have socketed some pieces of my gear with pure ArP gems. Previous versions of Rawr and my intuition tell me that I need to replace at least one of my Strength gems with an ArP gem. However when I have selected a slot where I have an item socketed with pure ArP it tells me it will yield an improvement if I regem to Str. Even more confusing is the fact that it tells me to swap a Str gem for an ArP gem in a slot where I have only one Str gem. All this happens without changing anything in between (just the equipment slot selection).

#122 Jothay

Jothay

Suit Up

•  Patrons
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:59 AM

With 2.3.8 something weird is going on with gemming recommendations. I'm some 29 below the ArP softcap (using Needle-Encrusted Scorpion) in my Fury offspec. I have socketed some pieces of my gear with pure ArP gems. Previous versions of Rawr and my intuition tell me that I need to replace at least one of my Strength gems with an ArP gem. However when I have selected a slot where I have an item socketed with pure ArP it tells me it will yield an improvement if I regem to Str. Even more confusing is the fact that it tells me to swap a Str gem for an ArP gem in a slot where I have only one Str gem. All this happens without changing anything in between (just the equipment slot selection).

Something does sound a little fishy, would you mind posting your char file in the issue tracker? It could be nothing but it's worth at least taking a look.
Come see the Rawr Project for all World of Warcraft Classes and Specs!
- Astrylian: Project Coordinator, Bear & Cat Dev
- Jothay: Project Coordinator & Arms Warrior Dev

#123 Warrok

Warrok

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

Posted it and gave a specific example where to see the glitch.

#124 ebs2002

ebs2002

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

I found the problem, it was due to the iteration threshold being set too high for slam calculations. Fixed for the next release.

#125 illusive_2008

illusive_2008

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

Looked at open tickets, but did not see anything. With the current version, when adjusting the buffs page. Leader of the Pack as well as Rampage give no DPS gain, but Heart of the Crusader does.

#126 ebs2002

ebs2002

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

Is this for a character with the rampage talent? If so, then it is expected that the talent is providing the buff, and so having the buff ticked as well provides no benefit. If you spec out of Rampage, the LotP/Rampage buff will provide a benefit again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users