• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Robespierre

Robespierre

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:05 AM

The one nice thing about the massive exodus off of Warsong is that it fixed the server lag... haha I'm joking. The server still has random lag spikes of 3-5 to sometimes 10 seconds in instances and is schitzophrenic in the overworld. Thankfully it is not up to the whole "let's dump every guild in BWL into the Alterac Mountains" phase any more.

#22 Renaldo

Renaldo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:50 AM

I don't get why everyone is getting all freaked out. Cull never said that he was even thinking about transferring to Mal'Ganis, just your opinions on guild transfers.

*shrug*

#23 Bad Luck

Bad Luck

ffffff

• Moderators
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:30 PM

just your opinions on guild transfers.

*shrug*

Well we are obviously rather bitter about it.

p.s. It's Wodin's fault. :V:

#24 Tuco

Tuco

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

My guild transfered( To mal'ganis) and we're very happy about it.

Just be sure to do your research and talk with a resident uber-guild of that server before you choose one. Find out what the lag is like and what the PVP is like. Currently there are guilds that are transfering to Mal'Ganis for reasons that were true when we transfered, but no longer does Mal'Ganis have no alliance queues, nor do they have great server reliability.

#25 Kurisu

Kurisu

So damned Devious

•  Patrons
  • 9,966 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

welcome to illidan state of affairs Wodin.

Does Xzar still play with you guys at all?

yea Xzar is Co-Guild Leader with Rombus he started playing again after he moved.

#26 Xzar

Xzar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:07 AM

Hey Relwin,
Still using the same aim name, hop on sometime.

#27 Foxo

Foxo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:50 AM

When deciding on possible server choices, does the battlegroup/cluster play some sort of a role?? Say if we were looking to move onto a server on battlegroup X.. should we look at the performance on the other servers that are in the same group?

#28 Rabid Rob

Rabid Rob

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:16 PM

The Transfer service has definitely become some sort of lag tax...

so sorry, you have lag on your server and in instances? pay us $$$$ to get rid of it!

#29 Sigurdur

Sigurdur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:29 PM

When deciding on possible server choices, does the battlegroup/cluster play some sort of a role?? Say if we were looking to move onto a server on battlegroup X.. should we look at the performance on the other servers that are in the same group?

Yes, it is generally accepted that battlegroups are done by server cluster. Anecdotal evidence includes battlegroup 1 chugging whenever test is up, a fair bit of the new hardware servers being in 5, and servers with severe stability issues (medivh, mannoroth, zuljin, shattered hand, warsong) in battlegroup 3. It's also the easiest way for blizzard to run them =/

#30 Lrigatonmai

Lrigatonmai

owns a cowbell irl

•  Patrons
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:30 PM

We're considering a move to one of the newer servers when they becomes available. In the immortal words of Reducto "Back off!"

I'm hoping we can get there and have it stay a fairly quiet little backwater server so we don't have to deal with the lag issues again in the future. :/
Note: The statement above is probably a lie.

Seriously, stop posting.

#31 Phon

Phon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:28 PM

Little backwater servers can turn into metropolises very fast. Trust me.

Turalyon was a low/medium population three month old server and then two highly progressed Naxx guilds transfered over. Now, I'd say more than half of the level 60s on the server are transfers. I wouldn't count on being the only guild transferring to a new server.

#32 BrineShrimp

BrineShrimp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:27 PM

Hey its you, whats up dude

hows the guild going?

haha :(

Here's a tip for anyone, don't transfer to Burning Legion. We lag alot, and have maybe two stable guilds on the whole server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users