Photo

Infraction for HJT: 1. All posters are to make an effort to communicate clearly.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tehax

Tehax

Pretty Pony

• Moderators
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

User: HJT
Infraction: 1. All posters are to make an effort to communicate clearly.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Posted Image

Original Post:

what i read over the last few pages is, that there is currently (with 3.2.2) no easy way to say what is best.
first of all, all the different calc tools vary more than the tested combinations. that leads to the question, which is the most accurate?
Another thing is, it seems at the moment, everyone must run the simulator for himself to get "his". before, it was clear, take 2t9 and then take only stuff that has ArPen and so on.

Another thing may be, that with the nerf, blizzard made way for several playstyles? means, if people like a more quiet life, they go for ArPen (no trinket) resulting in more consistent DPS. if you go for softcap+mjolnir and then gem for agi, then your DPS will be less consistent.
For me, the maxed ArPen seems for the current content the better choice, as there is often movement or target switching.
And the other thing: we are now around 10k DPS. these 100 or less DPS difference (1%) on patchwerk-fights make a real difference, not? ;) -> with good movement and so on, you can get far more out of that
Then we have that (seen in the OP) gaussian bell curve DPS spread. i guess the stddev is also higher than 1%.

Conclusion: wether you go for ArPen stacking or for mjolnir+softcap then agi, your playstyle (and skill) matters more than your gear. the longer you stick on a single target (aka the more patchwerk-like the fight gets), mjolnir outweights ArPen stacking
For me, as i dont have mojlnir (sadly) and runnig/switching is a good part in coloseum, ill stay with ArPen stacking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users