• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 tenarius

tenarius

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:47 PM

I very much doubt it, barring any significant proof from the PTR. It has been non-stacking for a long time and would be strange to change it, particularly since the devs are so obsessed with PvP balance. Runspeed makes a very big difference in PvP.

#42 Zyla

Zyla

Ravaging the Art World.

• Allied Members
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

I throw on part of my pvp gear and have speed enchant on my boots for 124% runspeed. Close to 100% speed going backwards.. not that it really matters if I get hit in the rear. :P

^_^ You mean the highlander boots? You've confirmed the speed enchant stacks w/ the inherint bonus? Did they change something I didn't hear about?

i think hes a druid... 7% + 15% =22%

Zyla, International Man of a Certain Standard.

That's right, I met my future wife through Zyla. :shudder:

#43 Pantone

Pantone

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:57 PM

Er yes, I'm a druid. Which is why it doesn't matter if I'm hit from behind, since I don't parry or block anyway. The pvp-set bonus stacks multiplicatively, so 108 * 1.15 = 124. Don't make this a lolferal derail though!

#44 tenarius

tenarius

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

since I don't pawrry or block anyway.

Fixed. Now then, back on topic - I'm convinced rogues can avoid Chromaggus Timelapse by vanishing as he casts it.

#45 novasphere

novasphere

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:47 AM

I sure do love those whacky Twin Emps. One attempt I (a warlock tank) eat an Unbalancing Strike as the teleport happens, and die instantly. Or, just now, we had a transition where Vek'nilash literally ignored the Warrior next to him and ran across the room to attack to attack the former MT.

What exactly causes this? I've had Vek'lor run at me during the pull and melee me to death, and of course there's the times everyone has where Vek'lor forgets he's a caster on a teleport and runs after someone. This is starting to get ridiculous

#46 xarg

xarg

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:58 AM

For falling to your death on the way to MC, I know I have had it happen many times where either my client or the server lags, and instead of landing safely in the lava and hopping out after eating a few ticks of damage, I crater at the bottom of the lava. However because of def stance it always takes a tick or two of lava damage to kill me. Of course this is just a tease since I'm at the bottom of the lava and getting onto the ramp without taking 2 ticks is pretty much impossible :P

I much prefer jump spinning over strafe tanking on ossirian. You lose a slight amount of aggro but the speed you can move at is so much better. Of course I just walk it backwards if it's a short transition..

#47 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:35 AM

Don't go for the ramp, just jump directly into the portal lava. Saves some hopping and makes it almost impossible to die to lag.

#48 Pantone

Pantone

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:40 AM

Speaking of odd mechanics, I swear it seems possible to jump over the shockwave from Thekal in ZG. The timing is tricky at range, but pretty easy for melee. Jump right after he does and it misses you. Am I making this up?

#49 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:50 AM

As far as oddities go, what the heck is the deal with Maexxna where I can heal people in the center of the web but not along the edges during the cocoon formations? That line of sight error is driving me nuts.

#50 xarg

xarg

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:25 AM

Don't go for the ramp, just jump directly into the portal lava. Saves some hopping and makes it almost impossible to die to lag.

I do jump for straight in the lava, I just sometimes hit the ground under the lava due to lag. Unless you're saying you jump from the other side of the pillar and aim for where you would have landed if you jumped through the window from down below?

#51 Shalas

Shalas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:43 AM

I jump directly into where you go if you jump through the window. There's a few spots from the upper ramp where you can easily hit it, and a lot of spots where you can get close. When I'm not lagging, I zone in before I hit the lava, and I've never managed to lag enough to take falling damage.

#52 Althor

Althor

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:29 AM

I can confirm that a Shadow Priest in Shadowform gets the same falling damage reduction that Warriors in defensive stance.

I've done a number of "the" jumps as well. Tanaris->Ungoro etc. If I start on full health I'll always have 15% health left.

What's more, given that PW:S no longer absorbs falling damage at all I can make the jump into the lava in BRM safely. Even if I lag and hit the bottom I'm still on 15% health with a fully functional PW:S to absorb the lava damage. If I wait a few seconds after casting PW:S before I jump then I can re-PW:S when the first runs out. Normally this is more than ample time to make it to safety. :P

#53 Plea

Plea

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:01 AM

Lol ye, that reminded me my first maraudon.

#54 krucifix85

krucifix85

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

What exactly causes this? I've had Vek'lor run at me during the pull and melee me to death, and of course there's the times everyone has where Vek'lor forgets he's a caster on a teleport and runs after someone. This is starting to get ridiculous

If you made the pull on Vek'lor, and your hunter pulled Vek'nilash with arcane shot, he would have received an "immune" and your initial pull 'aggro' would have Vek'nilash running towards you. We had a hunter do that on one of our early pulls ^^

#55 Greybone

Greybone

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:29 AM

I can confirm that a Shadow Priest in Shadowform gets the same falling damage reduction that Warriors in defensive stance.

I.e zero after the latest patch? Or do priests still get the reduce? :)

#56 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

If you made the pull on Vek'lor, and your hunter pulled Vek'nilash with arcane shot, he would have received an "immune" and your initial pull 'aggro' would have Vek'nilash running towards you. We had a hunter do that on one of our early pulls ^^

He said Vek'lor ran at him. We have both the Warrior and the Warlock get just outside of aggro range, and then I say, "321go" on Vent. Normally, we try to get the Warlock to go slightly earlier, because Vek'lor running in the event of an Warlock resist is much worse then Vek'nilash running in the event of a Warrior miss.

Once or twice, when the Warlock ran in to aggro range and started casting SP, Vek'lor just ran right up and Bursted him.

By far the weirdest thing I've seen at Emps (besides the Warlock UBS instagibs which were fixed): pull goes smoothly. 20 seconds in, Warlock-A is tanking Vek'lor at the pull spot, and Warrior-B has moved Vek'nilash into position. 30 seconds in, port. Warlock-B cleanly picks up Vek'lor and gets range. Vek'nilash appears, with Warrior-A clearly the closest person to him. He comes out of teleport stun, and runs across the room at Warrior-B, the one who was just tanking him 2 seconds ago. Total mess.

#57 Psonica

Psonica

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:21 AM

By far the weirdest thing I've seen at Emps (besides the Warlock UBS instagibs which were fixed): pull goes smoothly. 20 seconds in, Warlock-A is tanking Vek'lor at the pull spot, and Warrior-B has moved Vek'nilash into position. 30 seconds in, port. Warlock-B cleanly picks up Vek'lor and gets range. Vek'nilash appears, with Warrior-A clearly the closest person to him. He comes out of teleport stun, and runs across the room at Warrior-B, the one who was just tanking him 2 seconds ago. Total mess.

This feels like it's becoming the 'regular' behavior more or less. We are still in the process of learning the Twin Emperors which means that we still study things like combatlogs to see what happened. Yesterday we had the behaviour described above at least 2 times. One of those times the port went though, Warrior A is closest, he successfully hit Vek'nilash with his sword once (this should give him proximity aggro and some cold steel aggro) and yet Vek'nilash feels it's a good thing thing to run straight for Warrior B. Yep, that's messy.

#58 Plea

Plea

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:34 AM

A warlock resist cant match the miss from the tank. In our first days we had veklor pulled first, if the tank misses both swings in the proximity it was a certain wipe. Nowadays we pull veknilash, the warlock at least has the range for a second chance. If the left side tank can cast a few batle shouts at the pull, veklor just cant go wrong.

Good thing is, battle shout is overpowered; its possible to pull twins just by 2 warriors. It's really odd to tank a physical immune mob from the other end of the room without a proximity aggro, doing nothing but shouting :)

#59 Casual

Casual

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:42 AM

Two things:

1. Yes, defense skill affects daze. At 440 I believe it is, you become immune to daze.

You dont become immune at 440. I'm well over 450 and is still getting dazed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users