• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#21 Dendrek

Dendrek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

I'm curious why the Healing Touch calculation for cast time includes a "MAX([...],1+InstantDelay)". I'm not sure what the InstantDelay is (perhaps this speaks to a lack of understanding of the cast mechanics in WoW) and I don't see a need to have the 1 second minimum GCD used in the base cast time calculation for HT. Clearly the GCD will be a limiting factor in being able to cast spells after HT is cast (if its cast time is less than the GCD), but if HT is used as a flash heal, rather than as a spammed heal, it would be worth knowing how long after the cast starts will the heal occur.

I can see a need to show the difference between the actual cast time vs the effective cast time, but I wouldn't recommend trumping the actual cast time by the effective cast time.

[edit] When I first saw the "InstantDelay" in that formula I wasn't sure if it was a hidden spell/cast time mechanic that I wasn't aware of. However, I've come to realize that it's most likely your estimation of the delay caused by latency/reaction time between the GCD and the start of the next cast of any spell. (Just wanted to clarify that I understand what this is so there's no need to explain it.)

#22 Kirbie44

Kirbie44

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

Haste rating at which the GCD hits 1s with Nature's Grace up

Do you mean without? This is in your comment for the GCD Haste Cap at the bottom right of the Character Sheet tab.
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

#23 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

Do you mean without? This is in your comment for the GCD Haste Cap at the bottom right of the Character Sheet tab.

Whoops, you're right. Think I just copied that from the Moonkin sheet.

#24 Hatesfury

Hatesfury

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

Arawethion, Could i get a little bit of help reading\understaind the Rotations page. It's very well laid out and i love it, but i'm not sure how to read this part:

[TABLE]Healing done | 284953.7846
Mana spent | 12703.86827
HPS | 10553.84387
HPM | 22.43047382
MP5 | 2352.568198[/TABLE]

Mana spent makes sense (and is really good to know especially for tank healing) but what are you trying to represent with the MP5 value... How much MP5 you would need to "cover" this rotation, how much mana you actually used after MP5 is applied, or how much mana you gained FROM MP5 during the rotation.

#25 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

The "Rotations" page just feeds HPS, HPM, and MP5 up to the "Rotations and DPS" page (page 2)--you don't need to look it at directly (unless you're looking for more detail or to see how the sheet works).

If you look at page 2, "Regen needed" is the total mana usage of that rotation--how much is needed to cover your casting indefinitely (this is the MP5 value from the final page). The next column, "Excess MP5" is your net MP5 usage obtained after taking your regen into account. This is what's shown on the front page for your selected rotation.

HPM and MP5 are actually kind of redundant. The distinction mattered more in the Moonkin version of the sheet when there was also regen from Moonkin Form and JoW, that depended on how many spells you cast.

#26 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

Sheet updated.
--Fixed a bug where the scaling factors for Spirit were being underestimated if you had Living Spirit.
--First iteration of Trauma model.

#27 Guest_Alfei_*

Guest_Alfei_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:47 AM

Arawethion

Do you have a mac version of your TreeCalcs?

i try use spreadsheet in the OpenOffice but it cannot recognize Names in calcs

Found 1 solution but did not check if it works correctly because just start to dig the calcs inside file

"Formula refers directly or indirectly to itself and the Iterations option is not set under Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org Calc - Calculate."

seems that calcs are destroyed ((

#28 lolofora

lolofora

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:10 AM

I love your work

Do you add the effects of trinkets ICC?

Is that I can link your file on my blog (in french)?

#29 Kermit

Kermit

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

Arawethion

Do you have a mac version of your TreeCalcs?

i try use spreadsheet in the OpenOffice but it cannot recognize Names in calcs

Brgds

Alfei

I just tried it on Microsoft Excel 2008 on Mac as well - gives errors about circular references in formulas, but don't display the formula(s) giving the error for some reason. I get 9 alerts about that when opening the file, after that it's usable, but as soon as I change a value I get the same alert.

#30 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

Try updating Excel 2008 (Mac) to 12.2.1? That's actually what I use.

Not sure what would give rise to circular reference errors in some versions but not others.

#31 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

By the way, updates will start appearing in this post:
http://elitistjerks....ral_discussion/

#32 Guest_Alfei_*

Guest_Alfei_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

I update Exel for mac still same error and for Openoffice it does not work "Formula refers directly or indirectly to itself"

#33 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

I update Exel for mac still same error and for Openoffice it does not work "Formula refers directly or indirectly to itself"

Maybe there actually is a circular reference in there somewhere? Just to check, let me upload a version without the tables. I tried that in WC and someone said it helped, let me test with this sheet and then I'll see if there's some better way to handle both of them.

e: See if this works in both programs.

Attached Files

#34 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

Getting some odd results in nourish's cast time. At haste cap, rejuv is 1s cast with 0 instant delay and nourish is oh-so slightly under 1.05. Not taking WoA into account?

#35 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

Getting some odd results in nourish's cast time. At haste cap, rejuv is 1s cast with 0 instant delay and nourish is oh-so slightly under 1.05. Not taking WoA into account?

Turn both instant and queue delay to 0. The sheet doesn't restrict them, but it's not really sensible, as far as real-world behavior, for queue delay to be higher than instant delay.

#36 Guest_Alfei_*

Guest_Alfei_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

Maybe there actually is a circular reference in there somewhere? Just to check, let me upload a version without the tables. I tried that in WC and someone said it helped, let me test with this sheet and then I'll see if there's some better way to handle both of them.

e: See if this works in both programs.

Good news it works now )) on Openoffice

Huge thanks from mac users !!!

I try to put 3 points in Living Seed seems it does not change my hps result

#37 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:30 PM

I try to put 3 points in Living Seed seems it does not change my hps result

The default rotation is 5x1. Pick a rotation that can proc LS.

#38 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

Replying here

I've been trying to get treecalcs to work on openoffice as well. This is what I've found so far:

- Activating iterations and leaving default values in there (100 steps, 0.001 min change) gives 0.0hps or 0.0mp5 as marginal value for every stat.

- Using INDIRECT("CellName")+1 instead of CellName+1 gives correct marginal values regardless of iterations settings. I'm wondering if it'd be possible to add this everywhere ?

PS: The same is most likely also applicable for wrathcalcs

What exactly did you do? I looked up INDIRECT and can't see how that would be used to replicate what the data tables do. Ideally I'd find some way to do it that works in both programs, because I'm probably not going to maintain two parallel sheets.

#39 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

I recommend changing the Number of Ticks on the Regrowth Calcs tab from

7+2*Nat_Splen

to

7+2*Nat_Splen-GRGActive

as a better reflection of how the Regrowth glyph is used.

#40 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

Probably should. Still not perfect, but would be better than what's there now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users