• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 candlegarden

candlegarden

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

We use 2 warriors as well. Depending only on 2 people instead of 4 has simplified it a lot for us. Also since Veklor hits like a girl as our tanks put it, it's not too hard to heal the warrior against the bolts. The pull is done by a lock and a warrior and after the first teleport two warriors tank with proximity agro. Give frost protection pots to healers so they have some margin of error when blizzard hits them. This is one of the more fun fights for me out there.

#62 Gumibear

Gumibear

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:45 AM

Warrior tanks aren't exactly hard to keep up against Vek'lor. Even at 3k a bolt half the MT healers can stand around regenning. Increasing the complexity of the fight to make the easy half easier has always seemed pointless to me.

If you only think of Vek'lor in a vacuum, you're right. But, allowing healers rest time makes Vek'nilash easier to last through, and the added DPS shortens the fight.

#63 rank0r

rank0r

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:43 PM

Our guild is currently doing twin emps too and i have a couple of qn

1.Will totems cause the emp to cast blizzard?
I was in MT grp and thinking i might give the MT GoA and SoE totem for whatever minor advantage we could have
but my guildies told me totems are treated as another person and thus will cause the emp to cast blizzard.

2.If in the event you get hit by a blizzard,does it always damage you 3 times?
Even thou i ran out of the blizzard range after i got hit the first time i still get hit 2 more times.

answers will be appreciated

#64 Lank

Lank

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:13 AM

So how do warriors keep aggro on Vek'lor? Does your caster DPS hit him at all? I was under the impression that physical abilities did not work on him, does that include sunder?

#65 Oggie

Oggie

Disharmonious

•  Patrons
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:21 AM

So how do warriors keep aggro on Vek'lor? Does your caster DPS hit him at all? I was under the impression that physical abilities did not work on him, does that include sunder?

Battleshout hitting 5 people is actually not insignifncant aggro- using TA totems/salvation warriors can usually handle it. I don't belive they can sustain the aggro level required for casters to dps, but my guild simply could not get this strategy to work well/reliably, so perhaps it is well within tollerence to allow casters to dps lightly.

I -belive- the general rule of thumb is if you can't do it through a pally's BoP it doesn't work on him. As far as I know, this includes everything a warrior can do.

It makes me want to hit Marge Thatcher on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users