• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vorda

vorda

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:39 AM

My guild is going to do its first attempts to Naxx in a few weeks (cursed raiding break!) and I was wondering what the resistance limits are that we have to put on it?

From what I've read, it seems that naxx is built entirely around collecting FrR gear to fight the lich, but it doesnt seem needed anywhere else..

Then there is some info from WoWWiki that tells me that a healthy amount of NR is good in the plague and spider wing, and some SR in Death Knight wing. I have no idea on what sources they based this though.

So, from the people who have been there, what resist level (and where in naxx?) would you suggest.

ps: yes, I have too much time atm and am looking for something usefull to grind.

#2 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:57 AM

You use some fire resist(generally epic pieces only) when fighting Grand Widow Faerlina. Beyond that and good NR for Thaddius we haven't really found the need for resist gear.

#3 Whiteknight

Whiteknight

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:23 AM

I like a little quality NR on the offtank for the double gargoyle pulls in the plague wing.

#4 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:44 AM

It's worth noting that you'll likely need some amount of frost resistance when you progress to Frostwyrm Lair. It never hurts to start early :)

#5 Muraevin

Muraevin

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:50 AM

I realy like how they have done resist fights so far, atleast in comparison to past encounters. The diffrence being you dont go all out on resists, rather you have to use quality items because of the various time limits.

#6 taylor

taylor

Great Tiger

• Guild Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:23 AM

I realy like how they have done resist fights so far, atleast in comparison to past encounters. The diffrence being you dont go all out on resists, rather you have to use quality items because of the various time limits.

Totally, I'll take crafting epic frost resist boots over farming some old five man for a blue anyday.

#7 Pyros

Pyros

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:21 AM

The only thing I dislike is having already 3pieces of frost resist gear rotting in my bank until we can clear to sapphiron. And damn are they ugly. Not like NR gear was cool looking tho, but I found dark iron to be pretty elite. I wonder why they didn't do something cooler than neon turquoisish blue for FrR gear :(

As said before, no real need for massive resists of anything until sapphiron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users