• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

Yah that was my thought upon seeing the totem - but again, better than nothing I suppose, since my scholo runs have yet to yield the Totem of Sustaining and we've only ever recieved the AQ40 epic totem once in months of kills (and through some bad luck it accidently got looted to someone else instead of me). Hopefully Bliz will retune this one like they did the AQ40 totem.

#22 Flubber

Flubber

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

Sadly I use the Totem of Reincarnation. It's nice if I get smacked down early in a fight, and it is the only one I've been able to loot thus far.

#23 Lord BEEF

Lord BEEF

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:44 AM

I don't know what they were thinking.

"Let's make a 3% mana cost reduction relic for a heal that shamans mainly use in emergencies, and lets have it drop from a boss in Naxxramas"

And yet in the same patch

"Let's make a 30% rage cost reduction to the main ability of bear form, and have it drop in a 5 man dungeon that's easy as hell"
Check out my friend's bitchin' Lord of the Rings Art

#24 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:23 AM

I don't know what they were thinking.

"Let's make a 3% mana cost reduction relic for a heal that shamans mainly use in emergencies, and lets have it drop from a boss in Naxxramas"

Well its not even a mana cost reduction, you get the mana back *after* the cast. It doesn't reduce the cost at all - still have to have the base cost of the spell before you can cast it.

#25 nore

nore

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

The math above doesn't consider the fact that the tooltip says "up to 10 mana" not a base 10 mana per cast. So you could get 1 you could get 3 you could get 10.

To figure how much mp/5 this translates to you have to figure the AVERAGE mana per second...

So to figure the average...
((1/1.5)+(10/1.5))/2
This comes to 3.666666....
So lets be nice and say its 4mp/s which makes it slightly less than 20mp/5 gained by using this relic.

To compare it to Totem of Life it kind of depends on how you want to math it. Spamming Rank 6 LHW non stop 1mp/5 = 2.2 +heal this stays pretty consistent as you downrank as long as you are actually spamming heals. So going by that number this totem is 44+heal. Obviously quite a downgrade from Totem of Life and not even as good as the blue totem of sustaining from scholo. The main problem is the totem gets WORSE the more spread out your heals are since its effectiveness is based on how often you cast LHW. So yeah hopefully they upgrade this piece of crap.

#26 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:47 PM

Nore you have the mechanic of the totem wrong. The "up to" part is referring to the Rank of LHW that you use. Rank 6 LHW returns 10 mana. Rank 5 returns something between 8-9, and rank 4 returns 7-8 mana per cast. It decreases the lower rank you use.

#27 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

It amazes me that after ~2 years some people still do not understand how +dmg and +healing scale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users