• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 shreader

shreader

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:53 AM

How does your guild deal with each combo? Its taking my guild far too long and the only one we can consistantly 1 shot is the Shadowstorm/Meteor. We can 1 shot every boss to This trash in AQ40 but these wipe us constantly. Does anyone have any tips? Thunderclap seems to be the biggest problem. We send in are melee with NR on for it generally not really working out though. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

#2 Rane

Rane

King Hippo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

I don't think you're missing a secret strategy to be honest...

Wear the good nature res gear for melee, be sure to keep healing them, priest fear rotation (and warriors, in a pinch) for the adds and be sure everyone knows what to do on each combo. As in, move in FAST on a Shadowstorm and make a nice clump on Meteors.

Perhaps you can be a little more specific in what wipes you? Tanks/melee dieing to Thunderclap either means someone's lying about their nature res or your healers are enjoying the pretty lights too much. Have some nature protection potions ready for when a Plague hits and be sure people know to wave out appropriately and get healed as well. And bring Snowballs for Explode!

#3 Judia

Judia

Banned

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

We dont use NR.
First 5 groups
Warrior, paladin/shaman, warlock, rogue, priest

Rogues/warriors/paladin/shaman in 1 group
Everyone else in a second group.

Meteor/Thunderclap: Shamans/paladins stay in and just spam heals on themsevvles. Priests heal the warrior in their group, rogues move out, couple of druids keep up the ranged and 1/2 on the MT.
Meteor/Shadowswarm: Eveyrone stand on MT
Plague/ Shadowswarm: Everyone get within the deadzone and spread out, group 1/2 heal MT everyone else heal plague victims.
Plague/Thunderclap: Everyone out except the MT, 2 groups on the MT, everyone else spot heal plague victims. Rogues/warriors pick up adds.

Thats what works for us.
And just plain practise, make eveyrone go clear the osirrian trash 3/4 times its the exact same abilities scaled down to give mroe room for error.
To err is human

#4 Chicken

Chicken

 

• Moderators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

Personally we deal with them in a fairly simple way. First of all, positioning assumes it's Thunderclap/Plague. We have the raid stand in two groups for this; one group of 5 warriors (4 of them wearing NR, the one actually tanking the Anubisath in normal gear), the rest just outside of Thunderclap range. We usually kill them in Huhuran's room, so we have a hunter pet pull them, and a Warlock using an Eye of Killrog to find out whether it's Thunderclap or Shadow Storm. If it's Shadow Storm, everyone runs to the warrior group, otherwise everyone stays in position.

Then what happens is dependant on differing combos:
Thunderclap/Plague - People spread out, warriors surrounding the Anubisath move away.
Thunderclap/Meteor - Everyone stays in position.
Shadow Storm/Plague - People all group up in front of the Anubisath, anyone that gets plague needs to run to the back until it wears off. (This is a bit dependant on reflexes, but that's something people will have to get used to at this point anyway)
Shadow Storm/Meteor - Everyone stands in big a group at the Anubisath's feet.

The adds that spawn are usually kept chain-feared. Outhealing Plague we usually do on an "every group for itself" basis, as opposed to assigning specific healers for it.

#5 Oneiros

Oneiros

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:37 PM

First, we have all Rogues and Warriors in full NR, except for the MT who is in regular tanking gear. We pull every Anubisath to Huhuran's room and we start in two groups. One group is composed of warriors/rogues, and then the other group is ~25 yards behind them and is composed of everyone else. We always pull with the assumption that it is going to be Thunderclap/Meteor.

If it is TC/Meteor, everyone stays put. Locks single target fear adds, priests have a psychic scream rotation.

If it is TC/Plague (This is my favorite), we fan out into four groups:

1/2 X 7/8
MT

3/4 5/6

Only the MT stays in melee range. Make sure the raid is composed right such that each group of 2 parties has either a lock or 2 priests (to protect the group from the adds). If someone gets the plague, they run 10 yards behind their party and chill out there until it fades.

Shadow Storm/Meteor, stack on the Anubisath's feet.

Shadow Storm Plague, stack on the Anubisath's feet, if you get plague run to the outer rim of the dead zone. This relies largely on your raid members not being "asleep at the wheel" and getting out quickly or they can quickly decimate the entire raid.

In all of these things, the most important thing isn't even your positioning or your strategy, but quickly identifying what abilities each of the Anubisaths have. The way we pull is we send 2 hunter pets in and 2 warlock eyes. We pull them all the way to Huhuran's room like I said earlier. USUALLY, we know what the abilities are by the time the Anubisath runs to us. We ALWAYS know at least 1 ability, but usually we know both of them.
I believe in Harvey Dent.

#6 Forcewinder

Forcewinder

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

My guild wiped a lot at first aswell on those five trash mobs but after a few nights of clearing them we're one shotting them everytime no matter what the combos are.

We always start out in two groups. The meele in the front group and 20 yards behind them, everyone else(we're stacked on top of each other) Depending on what the locks/hunters tell us the combos are we adjust my moving up to the meele group or spreading out.(has to be done quickly) The mages detect magic and casters cast the appropriate spells.

meteor+thunderclap you group up away from the mob
meteor+shadowstorm you group up close to the mob
thunderclap+plague you spread out and dont get close to anyone if you have the plague
And there might be another combo, but I cant remember it atm.

#7 moz

moz

Get off my lawn.

• Moderators
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

We dont use NR.

At the risk of missing something obvious, may I ask why? (I am talking about a few good pieces on the melee DPS / tank, when 50% of the abilities do nature damage)

#8 inzani

inzani

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

Forcewinder Sounds nice ;) But what does everyone do about TC+Shadowstorm? Since TC have a large AoE and those shadowbolts hurts kinda much. Do you guys just stand far from and eat the shadowbolts?

#9 Wibble

Wibble

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

It's Thunderclap OR Shadowstorm, Plague OR Meteor. Stay far OR get close, spread out OR clump up. You don't get those combinations, they are not conducive to survival.

#10 inzani

inzani

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:32 PM

Margot maybe we are? But after i posted that i realised that tc+shadowstorm combo doesnt even exist :P My bad

#11 Phon

Phon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

If you pet pull you can see if it's TC before it gets to you.

#12 Grimmarg

Grimmarg

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:39 PM

Thunderclap+plague, keep one tank by the mob, rest are with the raid, noone melees. If you get the roflcoptors rogues and warriors dps those, if you get the warriors you fearchain.

Thuncerclap+meteor you keep all warriors by the mob, rogues with the raid, same procedure for adds.

Shadowstorm+plague is easy, all ranged gather up, all melee gather up - everyone within deadzone. People with plague move out. Same procedure for adds.

Shadowstorm+meteor: EVERYONE melees, or you make castercamp+meleecamp. Same for adds.

That's how we do it, and by now it's quite trivial imo. Only fuckups are if people DC with plague, or are simply so blind they miss that they got it. This way the aoe damage doesn't overwhelm the healers. TC+15people taking it sucks.

#13 Tenge

Tenge

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

We use pretty heavy NR on the rogues, and the non-tanking warriors. Even then the MT wears a little as well. This is due to Thunderclap, of course, though it has some nice side benefits for plague. For the worst of the combos imo (TC/Meteor), we make the 2 tight groups, chain fear the adds, and focus healing on all of the melee dps, not just the tank. With the rogues and dps warriors receiving ample healing, these things go down quickly (while we pray for an Explosion. :P) The other combos are simpler, so I don't need to go into more detail than has been given above -- this post was simply to give more reasoning behind wearing NR. Try it - it helps a lot.

Edit: GramARrr

#14 Judia

Judia

Banned

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

We dont use NR.

At the risk of missing something obvious, may I ask why? (I am talking about a few good pieces on the melee DPS / tank, when 50% of the abilities do nature damage)

Because we dont heal rogues through Thunderclap, we have them move to the ranged group instead.
To err is human

#15 Guest_altairian_*

Guest_altairian_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

We dont use NR.

Because we dont heal rogues through Thunderclap, we have them move to the ranged group instead.

How do you handle thunderclap/meteor then? Pray your MT doesn't get 1-shot?

#16 Kalman

Kalman

Super Macho Man

• Members
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:03 PM

Presumably all warriors are in eating TC/Meteor.
Melador> Incidentally, these last few pages are why people hate lawyers.
Viator> I really don't want to go all Kalman here.
Bury> Just imagine what the world would be like if you used your powers for good.

#17 Judia

Judia

Banned

• Banned
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

Presumably all warriors are in eating TC/Meteor.

Yes
Its not actually that much damage. If a priest cant keep 1 warrior up through that damage, you are going to have fun trying to kill the twins.
Given a paladin/shaman should easily be able to self heal through the damaage your priests should really be breaking sweat unles your dps is so bad the mob takes 3-5 minutes to die. The metoer damage split between 10 people shouldnt relly troublt your MT, especially as we use flasks on huhulol and a flasked tank is in no real damger of being "1 shot".
To err is human

#18 Hexel

Hexel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:25 PM

A very straightforward method is to split the raid up into melees and ranged. You pull the mob to the melees, with the ranged a bit behind. If it's TC, everybody but the tanks move out. With 5-6 tanks healers should be able to heal through 2.5-3k meteors + TC.

Plague isn't a big issue if everyone's awake enough to move out of the group.

Since you can't get Shadowstorm / TC this makes these mobs fairly easy to deal with. Any shadowstorm one you can just pack up at his feet; if it's meteor the damage will get nicely distributed (~300 dmg. pr meteor, fully resistable), if it's plague it's in the hands of each and every member to be alert to it and move away from the raid if they get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users