• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#21 Devloc

Devloc

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:52 AM

Virulence is the best Sigil for most (all?) specs as far as I know.

#22 Sash

Sash

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:49 AM

Have you made it so we can input engenieering enchants in yet? Both gloves, back and boots if you would please.

#23 prime311

prime311

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

All in all very nice, but I do have some suggestions.

Physical miss % stays at 5% even when I'm capped. Very difficult to tell when I'm under hit cap. Other times I have seen this change, but I've never seen 0 miss chance even when capped. Just strange things going on in general here.

Is there a way to determine stat weights based on talent/gear?

Would it be possible for gem calculated DPS to account for socket bonuses?

Its kind of hard to see which gem is in which colored slot.

When I use a saved version of a character it doesn't save the buffs. So everytime I go in or switch specs/gear/etc.. I have to manually turn Dranei presence off. COuld saved version of characters also remember current buff settings? Also, if we could save different buff settings(for 10 man and 25 man as example) that would be helpful.

#24 Def138

Def138

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

When I load my character it will have Swordguard Embroidery but the simulator won't let me choose that when I change cloak. I'm also curious about if it works in the simulator.

#25 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:03 PM

but it doesn't necessarily answer if maybe BCB is hitting too softly or maybe Bladed Armor is granting too much AP.

I double-checked, and bladed armor seems to be accurate, but BCB was actually hitting too hard with the off-hand. I have fixed that, not sure if it went into the update, or will be available with the next update in a day or two.

Have you made it so we can input engenieering enchants in yet? Both gloves, back and boots if you would please.

I will add engineering enchants and swordguard embroidery in the next update.

#26 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Physical miss % stays at 5% even when I'm capped. Very difficult to tell when I'm under hit cap. Other times I have seen this change, but I've never seen 0 miss chance even when capped. Just strange things going on in general here.

"Physical Miss" rolls up both misses and dodges. So you would need to be both hit and expertise capped for it to display as zero. My goal was to "boil down" stats to the ultimately meaningful numbers on the UI, thus why you don't see total strength or agility, and why misses and dodges are combined, since they have an identical effect on your DPS. That said, splitting miss and dodge on the UI may be a better choice to facilitate choosing gear.

But rest assured that your miss and dodge rates are being modeled accurately -- I just tested this quite a bit.

Is there a way to determine stat weights based on talent/gear?

This is on the to-do list, but not implemented yet.

Would it be possible for gem calculated DPS to account for socket bonuses?

Unfortunately the armory does not provide sufficient data for socket bonuses. I can tell what socket bonuses you have active when you load your particular character, but I cannot determine the socket bonuses for random item XYZ from the armory. It's a strange omission on the armory's part. Thus, I just ignore socket bonuses entirely. It doesn't significantly impact DPS though, so coming up with some way to build up a database of socket bonuses is a pretty low priority.

When I use a saved version of a character it doesn't save the buffs. So everytime I go in or switch specs/gear/etc.. I have to manually turn Dranei presence off. COuld saved version of characters also remember current buff settings? Also, if we could save different buff settings(for 10 man and 25 man as example) that would be helpful.

I'll make sure to take the draenei aura out of the default "full buffs" for horde characters. A feature to save buff sets would be nice -- I'll put that on the future feature list.

#27 revulva

revulva

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

Edit: looks like Yellow answered everything already.

#28 Bensch78

Bensch78

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

I double-checked, and bladed armor seems to be accurate, but BCB was actually hitting too hard with the off-hand. I have fixed that, not sure if it went into the update, or will be available with the next update in a day or two.

It seems to be in the sim actually. I don´t get those weird results as before with Dual-Wielding being 200 dps ahead of 2H.

My sims are now more in line with the results of Kahorie´s simulator. But with my gear Kahorie´s Simulator values 2H > DW. With your simulator DW > 2H.

And i just want to know, how this could be.

#29 neomasterc

neomasterc

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

I dont think the stat weighings are correct.
As an unholy DK, it rates banner of vicotry over bandit's insignia, among other things, but that one seems to stand out most.

#30 Devloc

Devloc

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

Try actually running a sim with one over the other. Even if the DPS estimates are off, especially for things like trinkets and sigils, the simulations tend to be a lot more accurate.

*Edit- seems you're on to something though, Banner is showing a slight advantage over the Insignia on my DK as well, more noticeably with raid buffs (where the estimate shows Banner > Insignia) than in Self buffs (where the difference is far less pronounced, and sometimes sims a loss).

Perhaps there is a fault in the wonderfully fun and mathtastic stat that is ArP? I hear that stat is a delight to model.

#31 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

My sims are now more in line with the results of Kahorie´s simulator. But with my gear Kahorie´s Simulator values 2H > DW. With your simulator DW > 2H.

And i just want to know, how this could be.

I cached a version of your character, and if I get time I'll try to determine where the difference lies. I haven't looked in detail, but I'm sure that there are some minor differences in the rotations being used, which may impact the results. Another area that I have not done an extensive comparison is ghoul damage.

#32 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

I dont think the stat weighings are correct.
As an unholy DK, it rates banner of vicotry over bandit's insignia, among other things, but that one seems to stand out most.

Speaking to these 2 trinkets in particular, let me know if you feel that any of this information is incorrect:

Banner of Victory: triggers on any damaging attack, 45s internal CD, 20% proc rate
Bandit's Insignia: triggers on auto-attacks only, 45s internal CD, 15% proc rate

One known issue is that bandit's insignia is not receiving a boost from black ice at the moment.

#33 Devloc

Devloc

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

One known issue is that bandit's insignia is not receiving a boost from black ice at the moment.

It's Arcane damage so not an issue.

#34 NaeblisHyjal

NaeblisHyjal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

I had the same problem with earlier versions of Kahorie's DK Sim, but it seems like Mr. Robot isn't calculating DPS Simulations properly when I upgrade my Greatness / Normal Death's Choice trinket combo to a Heroic / Normal Death's Choice trinket combo.

I end up getting a DPS loss instead of a DPS increase.

#35 revulva

revulva

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

I had the same problem with earlier versions of Kahorie's DK Sim, but it seems like Mr. Robot isn't calculating DPS Simulations properly when I upgrade my Greatness / Normal Death's Choice trinket combo to a Heroic / Normal Death's Choice trinket combo.

I end up getting a DPS loss instead of a DPS increase.

(I'm a co-developer of the website)

The buff from Heroic and Normal Death's Choice has the same name, with a slightly different value. Right now the simulator will not stack the two. That is why you are seeing a DPS loss instead of decrease.

Can anyone confirm if they actually do stack in-game?

#36 nerdfuel

nerdfuel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:05 PM

Can anyone confirm if they actually do stack in-game?

They do, it has been tested multiple times.

Here are a few in-game screen shots of the proc stacking.
http://img6.imagesha...91609000627.jpg
http://img21.imagesh...83/dualproc.jpg

#37 revulva

revulva

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

Cool - thanks for the info. We will incorporate that in to the site in the next couple days.

#38 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:18 AM

Banner of Victory: triggers on any damaging attack, 45s internal CD, 20% proc rate
Bandit's Insignia: triggers on auto-attacks only, 45s internal CD, 15% proc rate

Banner only triggers from Physical hits (so IT, DC, etc. will not proc it).
Bandit's triggers from Physical hits like Banner. The proc is an Arcane spell that is affected by normal spell modifiers and uses your spell hit and crit.

For Unholy and Frost, Bandit's is always better.

#39 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the info, it'll be in the next update. We have an efficient way that we can model just about any trinket without having to write special code for it -- at the moment we have over 100 trinkets modeled in the simulator, and it is trivial to update or add new ones. (I'm working on some larger changes which is why this next update is delayed.)

It was kind of hard to find the right info for all of them though, so we got a few numbers off here and there. I will be adding all of the trinket's special information to the item tooltips in the near future, so that people can see exactly what the simulator is doing with that trinket. That should bring any bugs to the surface much more quickly.

#40 Hedin

Hedin

Ask me about my add-on.

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:07 AM

Simulator doesn't work with russian realms...
EU Хедушка Гордунни won't work
Hedd - My maxDPS in one icon addon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users