• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#141 jacaregorgo

jacaregorgo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

I checked the 3.3.3 beta, looks good! But one thing still confuses me.
For example when you choose a Blood Spec, and Glyph GoD the Rotation recognizes it itself and sets the GoD Rotation. If you choose GoDD it recognizes it and changes to non-GoD Rotation.
If you do the same with an unholy spec, it doesn't switch to GoD-rotation when you use GoD. Or am i missing here something? Greets.

#142 Devloc

Devloc

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:31 AM

There just isn't a default Unholy GoD rotation, atm. You'd have to build your own for the time being.

#143 deladrien

deladrien

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

I am running Ubuntu (Jaunty Jackalope) and installed Novell Moonlight 2.2 to run your simulator. The application appears to load, with a small circle of animating bubbles, but after a few seconds, the window goes blank white, and is non-responsive.

I assume that linux is not supported, but I figured I'd provide feedback anyways, in case anyone else has been using your sim under linux with better results, or if you decided to examine the issue yourself.

#144 revulva

revulva

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for letting us know... We have not done much research into Linux browsers and the Moonlight implementation of Silverlight. At some point hopefully we can dig into it a little bit, and see if the incompatibilities are easily fixed or not.

#145 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

I took a very quick look at the Moonlight project: if I'm reading it correctly, Moonlight 2 only supports Silverlight 2. The Team Robot Simulator requires Silverlight 3. There may be a pre-release version of Moonlight 3, but I'm not sure how complete it is.

Unfortunately I don't have access to or experience with a Linux system to test Linux compatibility directly. I only have access to testing on Windows and Mac platforms.

#146 deladrien

deladrien

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Figures. I didn't really examine Moonlight too much. I seem to remember something being said about a Moonlight 3 implementation, for watching the olympics or something?

I'll look into it. Thanks for the information.

#147 Therosian

Therosian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

Some of the items are not recording the socket bonus correctly. Happens on both my belt and my neck, both of which have sockets, properly gemmed to receive the bonus, but the mouse-over tooltip in the UI does not match what is live.

Go ahead and give my character a load to see what I am talking about.

Flesh-Shaper's Gurney Strap

Infected Choker

#148 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

3.3.3 changes have been posted! A full list of changes is at:

WoW Simulator Change Log

Therosian: if you check those items out on the armory, the socket bonuses are still missing...

The World of Warcraft Armory

Since the simulator pulls all of its data from the armory, we'll just have to wait until the armory data is updated unfortunately.

#149 Therosian

Therosian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Makes sense now with Armory being screwed up.

Is there any hope for a GoD rotation for DW frost being a default rotation? The Simulator doesn't seem to be saving my custom rotations at all, if I am even doing it correctly, and it is becoming a hassle to redo the rotation anytime I veer away from the page.

#150 Lucinic

Lucinic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

Talent tooltips in the DK module appear to be vastly out of date (Original shadow dmg only Scourge Strike, 20% Unholy Blight, no strength on Endless Winter). Also moving from 17/0/54 to 0/17/54 results in a ~700 dps loss. It appears the changes to the frost tree aren't in (ie Clicking on endless winter doesn't change the amount of AP on the stat sheet like it should). Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Everything is working as expected in your beta version found a few posts above, but not working correctly in the live version.

#151 revulva

revulva

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

Therosian:
To save your custom rotation, once you get it to what you want, click on the save button, then click "create". Then, to load the rotation, click on "load", choose "saved rotation", select the rotation you wish to load, and click the load button.

Lucinic:
It sounds like you have an old version of the simulator cached in your browser. If you need to know how to clear your cache, read this post: How to Clear your Browser Cache

#152 Yellowsix

Yellowsix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

The tooltip for endless winter looks correct, but it seems that I didn't update the scourge strike talent tooltip. I'll give them all a once over.

#153 Uttik

Uttik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

Is there a way to get this to work for tanks?

#154 filed

filed

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

When comparing items, does it take into account the fact that your already hit/exp capped?

For example:
If I am exp capped, and an item has a lot of exp, will it disregard it or still show as a DPS increase?
Simular question for the hit cap, if Im above the special ability hit cap does it lower the stat weight for it accordingly?

Nice tool, nicely made! (Y)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users