• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ashuko

Ashuko

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

So we're still digesting this, as it's extremely strange. Last night we went in to rock out on Razorgore and had something truly bizarre happen. After Grethok and his two adds dropped, the gate didn't go down...and adds didn't spawn. Now, while I don't have the logs to prove it, our GM was controlling Razor and can attest to the fact that Razorgore was not DI'd (and I'm not even sure that would work anymore).

So we continued to down eggs and then took down Razor. The only weirdness that we can relate is that someone tried to use an MC cap on one of Grethok's adds. When it was resisted, the individual (a pally) DI'd himself. That is all I know. Considering that MC'ing humanoids during the encounter is considered a viable strategy, I have no idea how this would interfere with the encounter in the manner that we experienced.

Shaky details, but I'm wondering if anyone else might have some ideas regarding what happened? Has anyone else seen this since 1.12 went in?

#2 Foghorn Deadhorn

Foghorn Deadhorn

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

Not exactly on topic, but we found Razor adds to be acting pretty strange last night. Grayson and I both had them just straight running past us...I have no target when an add spawns, right click them, taunt, shield slam if I could...I swear to god they just kept running half the time, especially in the beginning of the encounter. Irritating. And yeah they were running to the stage, not like some overzealous healer.

#3 Pontiac

Pontiac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

We haven't had anything that crazy happen, but our last three RG kills saw spawns staying up after the transition. Having to burn down a few dragonkin before killing RG isn't that big of a deal, but it was somewhat of a surprise the first time it happened, and it's happened every week since.

#4 subscience

subscience

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

^ A Druid tank of ours said that a few mobs were completely ignoring his Growls last night (and not from resists).

#5 Maledict

Maledict

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1814 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:08 PM

Having to burn down a few dragonkin before killing RG isn't that big of a deal, but it was somewhat of a surprise the first time it happened, and it's happened every week since

We don't bother burning them down. Sleep them again, and when Razorgore next does his fire volley, it will aggro on him. We've had a dragonkin tank him from 70 to 30% or so, made the encounter rather a joke really... :)

#6 Largo

Largo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

go go dragonslaying buff or whatever it is they have.

#7 Louie

Louie

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1674 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:26 PM

Not exactly on topic, but we found Razor adds to be acting pretty strange last night. Grayson and I both had them just straight running past us...I have no target when an add spawns, right click them, taunt, shield slam if I could...I swear to god they just kept running half the time, especially in the beginning of the encounter. Irritating. And yeah they were running to the stage, not like some overzealous healer.

When kiting dragonkin I notice the same thing, even pre-1.12. They seem to want to run up to the platform and then select a target. The things you do while they're "distracted" don't seem to actually get their attention, even after they've hit the platform and turn back to the raid. I just wait for them to stop being retards now, and it seems to work out fine.

#8 Pontiac

Pontiac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

When kiting dragonkin I notice the same thing, even pre-1.12. They seem to want to run up to the platform and then select a target. The things you do while they're "distracted" don't seem to actually get their attention, even after they've hit the platform and turn back to the raid. I just wait for them to stop being retards now, and it seems to work out fine.

Yeah, it's always been like that for us too. Gotta let the dragons finish their little chickenhead dance and start moving normally before you can pick them up.

#9 Elki

Elki

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:20 PM

To add to the list of Razorgore phenomena, here's a post I made recently in a Twin Emps oddities thread. I suppose it's no longer off-topic!

One off-topic oddity we saw recently. We were fighting Razorgore on our way to a very clean kill. We reached phase 2 and oddly enough the Dragonkin don't leave the room while bunch more spawn and start wiping the floor with our dumbfounded raid. They took down a majority of our force when they suddenly changed focus to Razorgore himself, killing him then immediately despawning, leaving us with looting privileges. Definitely one of the most exciting encounters I've had with old content.

#10 Lucit

Lucit

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:27 PM

the individual (a pally) DI'd himself

DI can only be cast on other party/raid members.

#11 Kelce

Kelce

King Hippo

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:42 PM

Glad to hear that other people had a strange RG. We had trouble coralling them last night, they'd ignore warriors and head right for the platform. Even then they were impossible to target and hit with the incredible lag, it made for a frustrating night.

#12 Whiteknight

Whiteknight

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1641 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:00 PM

In my experience, this has always happened - some of the spawned mobs are scripted to run to the orb platform and stand there looking dumb for a second or two before following normal aggro rules. I've seen this behaviour every time I've done the encounter.

As for DIing yourself, the paladin used Divine Shield to cancel mind control, not DI - but I don't think that should have any effect on the encounter - the OP is describing an error in the encounter script I think. Probably just a bug.

#13 Lucit

Lucit

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

As for DIing yourself, the paladin used Divine Shield to cancel mind control, not DI - but I don't think that should have any effect on the encounter - the OP is describing an error in the encounter script I think. Probably just a bug.

That makes more sense. Still, this brings up an interesting question. Was it just a coincidence, or did the mind control actually bug out the encounter? There's already a well-known exploit involving Divine Intervention. So, perhaps a member of the raid getting mind controlled (thus becoming friendly from the orcs' perspective) can have a similar effect?

#14 Parappa

Parappa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

In my experience, this has always happened - some of the spawned mobs are scripted to run to the orb platform and stand there looking dumb for a second or two before following normal aggro rules. I've seen this behaviour every time I've done the encounter.

yea. dragonkins will always run up to the platform, then turn around and do their thing. makes picking them up at the start a bit tricky.

as far as dragons not despawning, i always thought it was due to dragons being asleep during the transition into phase 2, hence them not being able to run off. happened to me a couple of times way back when we were learning razorgore, so these days i usually moonfire my dragon shortly before the last egg is broken, then kite it around for a couple of seconds till it despawns. never had problems since, but of course might all be a huge coincidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users