Photo

Anyone know the details of the C'Thun hotfix?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

I know it just went up, but somebody's probably going to be over there before too long.

http://forums.worldo...=11963478&sid=1

#2 Jin

Jin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:14 PM

C'thun dosn't beam at all for the first 10 seconds or so. Just get the whole raid to enter at the same time :)

#3 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

They could leave it that way in my opinion. ;)

Stopped Playing

#4 Adiar

Adiar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:54 PM

13 Seconds to enter the room beam free. It's quite nice :>

#5 Poke

Poke

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:22 PM

Someone was claiming on R&D that he targets no one at all for 13 seconds when aggroed. I zoned in just now and tested it myself, and it's true; for 10-15 seconds the Eye of C'Thun remained inert, although I did get ruptured by a Small Claw, and the combat pulse still dismounts you basically immediately. Even so, for the moment phase 1 is even easier than it was in 1.11, since for my guild and probably others the entrance was always the trickiest part.

EDIT: Argh. The preview lied to me about there being no other posts in the thread.

#6 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:22 AM

Someone was claiming on R&D that he targets no one at all for 13 seconds when aggroed. I zoned in just now and tested it myself, and it's true; for 10-15 seconds the Eye of C'Thun remained inert, although I did get ruptured by a Small Claw, and the combat pulse still dismounts you basically immediately. Even so, for the moment phase 1 is even easier than it was in 1.11, since for my guild and probably others the entrance was always the trickiest part.

EDIT: Argh. The preview lied to me about there being no other posts in the thread.

So does this mean that pre-existing timers will be wrong for the first beam/eyes?

#7 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,760 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:24 AM

Nah, it sounds like the fight starts but "Eye Beam" is on 10sec cooldown upon aggro.

#8 Chaosmongler

Chaosmongler

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

Tested it tonight, confirming that it's 13 seconds before he finds a target, then the target gets zapped around 15 seconds

#9 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 01:34 AM

Nah, it sounds like the fight starts but "Eye Beam" is on 10sec cooldown upon aggro.

Right, and don't most C'Thun bossmod autostarters work by waiting for C'Thun to target your puller? That's how the one we use, from AQ_BossMods, works. So it will be off of C'Thun doesn't actually target anyone.

#10 Mythic

Mythic

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:35 AM

Killed him tonight, other then the beam taking 10 or so seconds to hit someone, the rest of the timers were the same as before(i.e., they don't add ten seconds).

#11 DarkStryke

DarkStryke

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:47 AM

There's still no real phase2 rest, and the giant claws are spawning in the stomach sometimes. Other then that, gg as normal loot piniata.

#12 Poke

Poke

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:48 AM

Right, and don't most C'Thun bossmod autostarters work by waiting for C'Thun to target your puller? That's how the one we use, from AQ_BossMods, works. So it will be off of C'Thun doesn't actually target anyone.

I actually can't remember if BigWigs started bars for me before the beam, but I want to say no. I guess I'm going back to manually-started NECB repeater bars until either the addon updates or Blizzard patches.

EDIT: I just checked BigWigs' code for the C'Thun encounter to see how it starts its bars, which indeed turns out to be the first Eye Beam to hit a party member. But it has different variables for the time from the first beam to the first glare/eyes and the time between them. So BigWigs users can modify their "timeP1TentacleStart" and "timeP1GlareStart" variables in BigWigs\AQ40\Cthun.lua to be smaller by 10 or 13 or however many seconds, which should keep it working while the hotfix is in effect.

#13 Kytrarewn

Kytrarewn

In 1st, e-brake activated.

• Members
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:11 AM

So does this mean that pre-existing timers will be wrong for the first beam/eyes?

Timers are wrong for the dark glare, at the very least.
Don't let this asshole be a US Senator:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jesus don't want me in a sunbeam
Sunbeams are always made on me
Don't expect me to cry, for all the reasons I'm gonna die
Don't ever ask your kick of me.

#14 Cuckoo

Cuckoo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:28 PM

We had giant claws spawning in his stomach last night. What a great patch :)

#15 Ghostz

Ghostz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

Maybe we got lucky, but we didn't have any problems like that.
A notable change is that you no longer go out of combat between phase 1 and 2, meaning you can't drink or res. Everything else seemed to work the same way as before, can't comment on timers though since we don't use any.

#16 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:19 PM

We've had incidents in the past where someone gets bugged in the stomach and doesn't recieve a dot. While this is fun for a while, it also makes them a valid target for Giant Claws/Eyes.

#17 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:19 PM

A notable change is that you no longer go out of combat between phase 1 and 2, meaning you can't drink or res. Everything else seemed to work the same way as before, can't comment on timers though since we don't use any.

Can we get comfirmation on this? It means people will actually have to care about their mana in P1, and also that we have to be harsher on retard net issues.

#18 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,760 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

Yes, there is no OOC phase. The transform animation is clipped short, and C'Thun phase 2 just pops into place instead of the Eye as the Eye dies.

#19 Rane

Rane

King Hippo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

We had a big Eye spawn inside the C'thun body :( Ranged had to take it down because all the melee got the knockback when they tried to move into range. That's about my only complaint now tho, the 13 sec no beaming thing is a blast and I hope they keep it in some form.

#20 Jin

Jin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:28 PM

You can drink, we had about 3seconds while we were out of combat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users