• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12235 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:52 PM

The other night I was screwing around in AV while WSG queues were broken (*again*) and ran into Probiscus. It got me wondering if anyone else has come across other posters from other servers or such.

That and it's Monday morning, any sort of discourse would help me wake up.

#2 Taikero

Taikero

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:02 PM

Considering I'll be moving to a server with Mal'Ganis in the cluster, I'll be seeing Elitist Jerks occasionally. :)

Yes, I will be Alliance.

#3 probiscus

probiscus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

WTF another double post.

#4 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

The cross-server stuff has been nice so far and it'll be good seeing familiar faces from these forums.

During a WSG in which we were winning pretty easily, I even had some random, alliance warrior stop in front of me and /flex repeatedly.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#5 berg

berg

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

I have not recognized many people but I have seen some of the worst players imagineable since the cross realm bgs got released. :)

I had a full netherwind mage with a SotSF poly, cast Arcane Power and then cast..... Arcane Missles on me.
Sweet.

#6 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12235 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:13 PM

I never could figure out how to whisper your paladin to thank him for the heals/BoF's. The only successful way I've been able to /w x-server folks in BG's is to have them type something in the /BG channel, and then I can click their name.

The trick seems to be to add -servername to the whisper, so I had to do /t probiscus-kilrogg. Somewhat annoying considering some of the server names are obnoxious.

I have not recognized many people but I have seen some of the worst players imagineable since the cross realm bgs got released

Yeah.. Prob, myself and a Paladin delayed an AV by probably 45 minutes by just getting horde to send waves of players at the base/tower near Iceblood where we had at best maybe 4 people.

One was a decent list team from blackrock and another a full team from silverhand which had 3 players with no rank at all... (RP server I think)

How do people hit 60 without a rank? /boggle

#7 Vhal

Vhal

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

I think I two-shotted Probiscus at a the stables a couple of days ago.

#8 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12235 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

Scheme was his healer in AV :)

#9 Navaash

Navaash

professional amateur

• Guild Members
  • 2336 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

Conscientious objection. When I leveled both my warrior and rogue alts to 60, if someone started ganking me I would usually just spam my sit key and not fight back, making an exception only if it would result in an extremely long graveyard run. Even then HKs would number in the low single digits per week, meaning that it wouldn't qualify for earning rank points.

#10 Taikero

Taikero

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:18 PM

The cross-server stuff has been nice so far and it'll be good seeing familiar faces from these forums.

During a WSG in which we were winning pretty easily, I even had some random, alliance warrior stop in front of me and /flex repeatedly.

If you remember the Warrior's name, was he a Human Warrior named Keoke?

I ask because one of the people I'm transferring with (Whole guild moving over) transferred an alt last night and almost had an orgasm on Ventrilo when he ran into you guys. Not sure if it was during WSG or not though. He said he ran into you guys twice last night.

#11 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5560 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

xserver bgs for me have been funny lately, since we haven't had a team up and running so i've just been pugging it up. haven't seen anyone i recognize from here yet (at least that i've noticed!), but it has been amusing getting into games with people from new servers who just ogle over my gear. i zoned into a wsg once and half the team just stood around inspecting me until the game started :-P

#12 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

If you remember the Warrior's name, was he a Human Warrior named Keoke?

It very well could have been. I don't remember the name but he was definitely human.

I had just captured a flag and was headed out our front door when I saw him running in. He stopped, I stopped, he started flexing, I flexed and danced, he sat down, I mounted up and took off.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#13 Vhal

Vhal

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

Scheme was his healer in AV :)

That explains so very much!

Must supress urge to roll alliance alt...

#14 Ranalis

Ranalis

I'm doing science and I'm still alive

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

One was a decent list team from blackrock and another a full team from silverhand which had 3 players with no rank at all... (RP server I think)

So, since I may be the only poster here who has the gall to admit he's on a RP server, I'll try to fill you in.

Silver Hand PVP, until 1.12 was HORRIBLE for alliance. We have about a 6:1 Alliance:Horde ratio, and as a server we don't have a huge amount of progression (combination of lag and player base). So, there were a couple really good horde teams who could PVP constantly, and an endless supply of alliance PUGs to get stomped. As alliance, you would put together a team and fight the same 1 or 2 horde teams over and over for hours - waiting on average about an hour between games. We used to think that 35 minute waits were nirvana. In addition, horde pretty much ran only WSG on SH, and never AB. So unless you wanted to do that with horde teams, you could just dispense with PVP entirely and not get a rank. That's how ;)

Now, alliance teams with a good mix of gear can get a game very 2-3 minutes, get into AB and AV more consistently, and actually have a chance to roll pugs or fight a different mix of teams. 1.12 is THE best patch for SH so far merely because it makes PVP something you can do occasionally while waiting for a raid, etc. I will admit that I got more farming done in between BGs pre-1.12, but I don't miss that much.

I'll look forward to concussing some of you who are in Battlegroup 9.

#15 Zephro

Zephro

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

Like the poster above me, PVP on Defias Brotherhood sucks. The Horde have these amazing exploits called "organisation" and "tactics" and used to crush the alliance constantly in all the battlegrounds. It gets a little soul-destroying turning up to a WSG in the expectation that you'll spend 30 minutes earning one token as everyone in your raid turtles in the flag room.

So after a while I just didn't bother. when I rerolled, I skipped PVP entirely except for the odd bit of world PVP, which was never enough in a week to get me a rank (mainly because I played odd hours).

#16 Jarock

Jarock

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

Dalaran is in the same Battle Group as Mal'Ganis so I see folks all the time in AB.

#17 probiscus

probiscus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

Well, I'm only running around w/ something like 4300 HP in BG's, so it's quite possible.

I find I've been 2-shotting a *lot* of people these days. And that's with a 1.6 speed MH (HoD). WTB Maexxena's Fang pls.

I'm also working on my 'playing with someone healing me' game, as in almost 9,000 HK's I've only played with a healer for less than 5 games (including that one w/ Scheme) - so my first reaction upon getting healed is "WTF?" which then turns into "WHEEEE" and I go off on some suicidal tangent giving said healer palpitations and having them regret their decision. I'm working on convincing a priest to run around with me though, so maybe next time I won't embarass myself so much. :D

Edit, for the new sig. :P

#18 Andrise

Andrise

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

I haven't run into an EJ team in WSG yet, but we did go up against Overrated the other night and get roundly spanked.

#19 berg

berg

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

Thats really a bummer Ranalis. They really should have made some effort to balance population on servers as skewed as that.

We are now at that 'what weird time can most of us be online to kill thaddius' stage. Because it seems unlikely that we will be killing him during prime time. Meanwhile so many people have left Tichondrius that it is now a low/med pop server. It has been sucky for 2 years. When we were high pop there were no hardware transfers available. Now enough people have left that we are not up for a transfer anymore, yet the problems still persist. BG9 needs the new hardware so badly but we will not get it till expansion I fear.

#20 Taikero

Taikero

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:46 PM

Cenarion Circle's (Alliance) queue times didn't change at all with Cross Server BGs.

Still sitting on half hour to two hour queues.

Even funnier, the person who transferred to the other server in the Mal'Ganis battlegroup completed the transfer and got into 1 AV and 5 or 6 ABs, maybe more, before I got into a single WSG last night.

I can't wait to be done with this crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users