• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 probiscus

probiscus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:06 AM

Probiscus: Is it just me or did you just edit out nearly every one of your posts claiming they were double posts? I certainly didn't see any originally.

Yeah, there was some weird stuff going on where i was seeing double of all my posts. So, I went back and deleted the 2nd ones, only to find that it was deleting both. I was confused. :(

#42 Gonkish

Gonkish

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:05 AM

What are the queue times like since the cross server patch? On mal'ganis, I mean.

Queue times?

What madness is this?

How can you help?
I can shoot things and then make my pet move toward them.

#43 Zaq

Zaq

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:42 AM

I'll also agree with the 2-shot thing - it seems like a lot of cloth casters from PvE servers haven't quite figured out the whole AC and Stamina thing, and most terrifyingly routinely forget to apply their self-buffs. Death's Sting makes hitting priests with no Inner Fire up quite amusing.

I know there are many times where I'll decide Demon armor simply isn't worth the mana cost. (Although this is usually against teams that are agressive dispellers, or where I'd end up dropping so fast it's insignificant.)
"I have nothing personally invested in my own opinions. I'm just, like, inviting you to join me on the bandwagon of my own uncertainty." -Taylor Mali

#44 Lobsterboy

Lobsterboy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:22 AM

Actually, I came here to post this. I come from Khadgar Alliance, so of course, Mal'ganis is in our server bracket.

If you guys see any "Fade to Black" members from Khadgar, give them a 'HELLOOOOOOO' for me okay! I've been telling my guild members that you guys (along with the goon squad) are complete baby raping murder buckets.

#45 Boevis

Boevis

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:37 AM

Cenarion Circle's (Alliance) queue times didn't change at all with Cross Server BGs.

Still sitting on half hour to two hour queues.

Even funnier, the person who transferred to the other server in the Mal'Ganis battlegroup completed the transfer and got into 1 AV and 5 or 6 ABs, maybe more, before I got into a single WSG last night.

I can't wait to be done with this crap.

Fun fact, a surprising majority of Cenarion Circle's Horde have macro's for when they rez to say stuff like "Ouch, that will leave a mark" or "I'm back in action!" Also, they aren't very good at AV :(

#46 Taikero

Taikero

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:45 PM

Cenarion Circle's (Alliance) queue times didn't change at all with Cross Server BGs.

Even funnier, the person who transferred to the other server in the Mal'Ganis battlegroup completed the transfer and got into 1 AV and 5 or 6 ABs, maybe more, before I got into a single WSG last night.

Fun fact, a surprising majority of Cenarion Circle's Horde have macro's for when they rez to say stuff like "Ouch, that will leave a mark" or "I'm back in action!" Also, they aren't very good at AV :(

Horde do the macro thing a lot more than the Alliance, I guess. o.O It's the RP thing.

I transferred my Rogue over last night (Going to be playing him instead of my priest). PuG players are better, queue times were 3 minutes at most (AV), the server economy is better, and I'm going to get to run into Elitist Jerks!

#47 Emth

Emth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

Horde do the macro thing a lot more than the Alliance, I guess. o.O It's the RP thing.

I transferred my Rogue over last night (Going to be playing him instead of my priest). PuG players are better, queue times were 3 minutes at most (AV), the server economy is better, and I'm going to get to run into Elitist Jerks!

Hah, yeah the macros always gives me a good chuckle. Don't see that many on my server though. Funny thing about our EU cluster, when some of the PvP servers found out they were with a couple of RPPvP servers they were pretty damn happy with themselves and one of the line's that was thrown around for a long time was 'We're going to beat them so badly they're going to spew up lore'

Well as someone who levelled 2 60s on a pvp server prior to rolling here this amused me, and now cross server BGs are here i've never seen the PvP standards so low. I feel like I'm pvping on the test server. Completely useless players everywhere, and a surprisingly low number of decently geared players (my server was up ~August 2006 so other servers in the cluster have had head starts). We've had a couple of premade encounters, us being outgeared and still winning *shrug* I was definately hoping for more. Maybe when the BG servers aren't so buggy anymore (I had a 4 hour WSG queue yesterday).

#48 Taikero

Taikero

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:03 PM

I think once the Cross Server BG "thrill" dies down, better players will surface once again.

Well, at least I hope so. :/

#49 thejdawg

thejdawg

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:22 PM

I haven't seen anyone from the boards from my BG groups, but that's probably because I've only been pvping on a 49 alt (is it twink if you have no items from the AH and use only gear you've found yourself?). Hopefully I run into some of them, because the PuGs from BG10 are terrible, and half the preforms are about as good as the PuGs because of their lesser gear/experience.

And yes, some of it is lesser gear, but some "strategy" from people on new servers is really naivete. I don't mean it to be insulting, but if someone doesn't hasn't had the same amount of experience, certain things they simply may not know. Floating assaults from the LM to the BS is hilarious to people who have never seen it before, for example.

#50 CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

PvP (WSG/AB) on Gorefiend, for Horde at least, used to be a nightmare for us. We'd be a bit undergeared against some of the better guilds (Deus Invictus, Sinister, Excessive[I'm not doing the random capitalization!]) so we were always in for a good fight. Jump ahead to x-realm battle grounds... we were very disappointed. WSG games that last 8 minutes are just boring. Great for an honor grind, not so much for feeling good about your win. Sometimes we'll go up against a decent team, but I haven't been on a losing WSG team since the patch (granted I only do it maybe 10 times a week, but still).

#51 Gauss

Gauss

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:16 PM

I'll also agree with the 2-shot thing - it seems like a lot of cloth casters from PvE servers haven't quite figured out the whole AC and Stamina thing, and most terrifyingly routinely forget to apply their self-buffs. Death's Sting makes hitting priests with no Inner Fire up quite amusing.

You learn that real quick on a pvp server as alliance. Still, I feel pretty helpless playing against an organized horde team as a PvE fire spec given that horde teams seem to be more melee heavy on our battlegroup. I have like 4k life and a little over 1300ac self buffed and I can tell you I don't die much more slowly than those newbs on PvE realms!

Oh and as to the queue times, it's around 4-5 minutes for any one of the 3 BG's. Granted I prefer pvping on my Arthas horde character, I haven't really been too impressed at the PvP outside of Mal'Ganis horde.
Noobing it up on Mal'Ganis since '06

#52 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:58 PM

How do people hit 60 without a rank? /boggle

139 days /played and 9 HK :D

Jeez. Back in the day on Mal'Ganis, we used to get double that during a quick run from Tarren Mill to the midway tower.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#53 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:00 PM

I think the melee-heavy group composition is more an artifact of the people who are currently pvping than any particular bias on the part of Mal'ganis Horde. Most of our WSG teams during the summer ran 2-4 mages, a warlock, a druid(go go infinite heals while shapeshifting), 1-2 warriors, 1-2 priests, and 1-2 shaman. Occasionally we had a hunter sub in for one of the mages. Teams now, by contrast, seem to be 2-3 warriors, 2-3 priests, 1-2 rogues, 1-2 hunters, and a shaman(maybe 2 if it's an EJ group).

#54 probiscus

probiscus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

When I rolled my rogue alt on a pvp server, I could kill ordinary 60 mages when I was level 50. By the time I was 60, I could kill full NW mages with my blue daggers and blue/green armor.

A good mage, though, is extremely tough for my little undergeared rogue to beat. Usually the ones in PvP epics are the most dangerous, because I can't kill them in 3 seconds and, more importantly, they actually react to my opener in less than 3 seconds.

Well, you're a better rogue than I. Ice armor screws me, assuming the mage knows what they're doing. If I can't time my energy and gank them in 2 shots (with a couple auto attacks) - I'm pretty much dead unless I have vanish or a reflector up, or I'm able to blind them as they try to run away. These days, if I see good gear, I wait for them to blink them sneak up stealthed and get the jump that way. My only real wish is that Blizz would implement arcane reflectors.

Oh, and garrote is going to own. 3 second silence + rentakis = GG

#55 OzX

OzX

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

Damn! I started my account the day WoW went live and I'm at 30 days /played. I had 2562 HK the first week the Honor System went in and I probably would have had another 1500 on top of that had it been counting since release. During 1-60 I would gain 2, and as I got higher, 1 level per day then go PvP for the rest of the evening. Anyone within 12 levels of me was KOS the entire time.

My only real wish is that Blizz would implement arcane reflectors.

And make them AE on friendly targets. Watching a bunny-hopping ArcaneEx spamming gnome die in mid-air as 10 people simultaneously reflect his spam would make my WoW year.

#56 probiscus

probiscus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:33 PM

Well I was thinking for sheep, but yeah they'd be pretty nice for all the times you're frostbit and 3 mages zoom in and start AEing the crap out of you and 5 of your buddies. :(

#57 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:34 PM

that's impressive.

i have 70000 hks on my hunter and who knows how many on my rank 13 druid alt. heh.

#58 Vhal

Vhal

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

Someone mentioned a warlock with 3100 health... well, its true he shouldn't complain, he's obviously trying to get as much +dmg as he can with blue and green gear... basically, he should expect to die, and often. But I don't see how that fact alone makes him a "terrible pvper." He could on the other hand load up on stam gear, but still die often because he's wearing cloth and you can't get too much stam with green and blue gear and be useless because he's not doing much damage.

A warlock choosing to have 3100 HP is a perfect example of a bad pvper honestly. Even if you're relying on blues you should know how to prioritize your class's gear for the environment.

I've found I can routinely two-shot full Netherwind mages if they're not from one of the more active PvP servers and do it reliably with the Berserking buff up. Some of these people are well-geared, but still go out with poor gear choices, as Nurru says. I have, on multiple occaisons, two-shotted a mage in full Netherwind and not been afflicted by the Chilled debuff after the event. If anything, I'm more concerned about the mages in the blue PvP set than full Netherwind; they're more likely to actually get to do something to me before they die.

#59 Vhal

Vhal

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:00 PM

Well, you're a better rogue than I. Ice armor screws me, assuming the mage knows what they're doing. If I can't time my energy and gank them in 2 shots (with a couple auto attacks) - I'm pretty much dead unless I have vanish or a reflector up, or I'm able to blind them as they try to run away. These days, if I see good gear, I wait for them to blink them sneak up stealthed and get the jump that way. My only real wish is that Blizz would implement arcane reflectors.

Oh, and garrote is going to own. 3 second silence + rentakis = GG

I first PvPed seriously with a mage. Of course, the single most common fight I encountered was mage vs. rogue, as rogues were rather vastly overpopulated at the time. Since levelling up and gearing up my rogue, I have become quite good at killing mages :)

If you want to infuriate a mage, Distract them into facing a tree (or stump, or building, or cliff, or whatever), and then Cheap Shot them. Laugh as you realize how pissed off they'll be after they reflexively Blink.

Also, Improved Sprint is love.

#60 Taikero

Taikero

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

Just faced some <Elitist Jerks> in AB.

1200-2000 beatdown.

Fun stuff. :)

<Final Retribution> of Dalaran hopes to see you again soon. We loved it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users