• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 Cagalli

Cagalli

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

My guild is looking at a likely server transfer sometime around when TBC hits so we can finally do some BG's together. 30 min to 4 hour queues are just ridiculous. We're eyeing Eldre'Thalas right now, I've heard good things about their queue times.

Hopefully it'll work out well, and I'll get to see some of you in the BG's =)

For me BG9 Alliance queues for WSG/AB have never been over 10 minutes and are usually 5. 2-3 mins for when it's their weekend. AV is... 40-50 I think... 20-25 mins for weekend. With the large amount of aussie heavy servers it really doesn't slow down for BG9.

#82 Pono

Pono

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:53 AM

I haven't seen anyone I recognize, but "Battlegroup Nightfall" :rolleyes: is mostly newer servers with the exception of Kel'thuzad and Doomhammer. Da Kine tends to roll in groups--most of us aren't particularly avid PvPers, but we'll do it together. Wave if you see us...and be gentle. :)

#83 Chicken

Chicken

 

• Moderators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:11 AM

I've run into a few EJ from time to time. Most of the time it's not a full group. We usually have the same. There are always a few online willing to PvP but not usually enough to fill up all 10 slots. It usually turns out to be a good game, as long as the pugs don't ruin it (like a DPS war insisting on carrying it over our DN tanks). I seem to miss most of the full group matches for some reason though.

I always find random people in a largely pre-made group funny, though we're more AB players than WSG. Usually they're quiet and just listen to what we tell them to do, but occasionally you have the types that managed to miss the 12 people around him with the same guild tag who than go insane in the BG chat because of the tactics we use. A lot of them try and play defensively, presumably because they're used to PUGing, but we play AB very, very offensively, so they tend to freak out when they notice that we're basically constantly attacking even if we have 4 out of 5 nodes under our control. It's all about keeping your opponents busy.

"Why is no one defending!!" is the most common thing I hear from those type of random players, what they don't realize is that quite often if the majority is busy attacking, the opponents are often too busy defending to attack anything themselves.

#84 Seeten

Seeten

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

I'll look you up, Kalman, I appreciate it. I'll try and avoid bombarding you with questions while your doing Naxx boss fights, also. I hate when people do that to me. Heh.

#85 Kir

Kir

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

"Why is no one defending!!" is the most common thing I hear from those type of random players, what they don't realize is that quite often if the majority is busy attacking, the opponents are often too busy defending to attack anything themselves.

Been doing some occasional pvp with my lvl 29 alt, and while we generally do pretty good when people listen to me, it gets tiresome re-explaining tactics over and over to PUGs. I look at our group makeup, generally say to go for a 3 cap (LM/BS/farm) and hold until we see what we're up against. If we take all 3 pretty cleanly, I tell everyone to go for the last 2, and only leave a lookout at top of LM & maybe 1-2 at BS/farm xroads. Since the main group of us is generally fighting at mine/stables now, it's hard for them to attack farm/bs with anything other then a single ninja capper, and the point men at BS/farm can go defend it.

1 person on defense isn't much of a defense against a real attack of 2+ people anyways, he's simply a lookout to warn for the rest of us to come help. With that in mind, it's better to keep 1 person at the xroads, push offensively and communicate.

Now, imagine trying to explain all that to a PUG every 15 minutes :( So, I've shortened it to '3 cap LM/bs/farm and hold, fuck stables/mines unless we're pwning' then I go rock the scoreboard with my kill stealing mage :D
Really iTunes? Free downloads while supplies last?

#86 Kir

Kir

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

oh crap.. just realized the server my pvp alt is on is in mal'ganis battlegroup too, hope the alliance reading these boards don't catch on to my tactics :-o. I did start noticing some alliance start zerging LM and BS early, ignoring mines, after multiple battles with me where we used those tactics.

#87 Pheidippides

Pheidippides

Great Tiger

• Guild Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:41 AM

Posted Image
All druid group (minus me) from Anetheron (?) server, of various guilds.

We went against another organized group, lost 3-2, twas not meant to be with no DPS :(, was fun anyways.

#88 Vhal

Vhal

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

Gear differences make cross bgs a little worthless at the moment.
With the exception of Dues Vox haven't seen a group geared enough to provide a challenge. (Mortal Striking a gnome with Ice Barb Spear for 3K kind takes skill out of the equation :\ )

Good to hear other battle groups have it good though.

As a complete derail, I have to agree in totality with this.

My guild was behind-the-times raiding on Tich, then 1.12 came out, and we outgear most non-Tich premades. It's kind of a letdown going from being disadvantaged from undergeared to overadvantaged through gear, but then again, we've seen more than our share of Tier3 premades from PvE servers laden with keyboard turning casters, so....

#89 diospadre

diospadre

Hero of the Horde

• Guild Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

http://img214.images...80723jn1.th.png

We went against another organized group, lost 3-2, twas not meant to be with no DPS :(, was fun anyways.

Um you're all dps classes?

#90 Abaxial

Abaxial

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:24 PM

Haven't noticed any posters in battlegroup 3 (Ruin), but for the most part the alliance are pretty bad and we get stomped in pugs most the time. Makes me sad when i see rogues pvping in full stormshroud with like 2300 hp....
Posted Image

#91 Kir

Kir

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:57 AM

http://img214.images...80723jn1.th.png

Um you're all dps classes?

Yea, uhh.. how did you lose a Warsong match, of all things, with 9 druids and 1shaman, wtf.
Those druids must have sucked.

#92 saramin

saramin

King Hippo

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:41 AM

For the same reason a paladin and a warrior are better flag carriers than two druids. Much of the reason flags default to druids all the time is because everyone tries to play the lone hero.

#93 Vykromond

Vykromond

the staleness of Max's dumps

• Moderators
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:49 AM

Really late comment, but:

How do people hit 60 without a rank? /boggle

Vyk (my current main) had no rank until about 2 months into level 60, when people in my raid ganked one too many people in Blackrock Mountain on the way to BWL and I finally hit 25 lifetime kills on her. At the time I was pretty disillusioned with PVP (still am somewhat) and decided for fun to avoid getting a rank altogether. I also didn't want a dumb military designation put next to my nice, short name and am glad they'll be made optional come TBC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users