• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Nisu

Nisu

King Hippo

• Allied Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:09 AM

I just got rid of Damage Meters after they were doing something odd with the 1.12 patch with the syncing. I found a fixed version, but that made me think: which other damage meter mods are out there, and how do they stack up? I figure people in high-end PvE content do a lot of parsing to see what works and what doesn't, and would thus try different damage meter mods to compare them. I'm interested in hearing what you all think.

#2 Biodome

Biodome

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

SW Stats

#3 Ronneh

Ronneh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:28 AM

;( I do miss the Crit % on SWS though, really wish they added that in.

#4 Zalera

Zalera

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:32 AM

SWStats. I was skeptical about downloading it for a while since I wasn't unhappy with DM and Recap, but everyone was raving about it so I gave it a try; now I rave about it too. I've heard about the new DM being very awesome for analytical stuff, some say better than SW, but at this point I'm so happy with SWStats that I couldn't really see myself changing. Then again, that's what I said before I tried SWStats, so who knows ;>

#5 Puffd

Puffd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

I use SWStats myself, but then again I'm not the big math guy for analysis.

From what I know, Damage Meters (Recap perhaps) are the best out there for parsing your data. But I only use my meters to see total dmg, heals etc..

#6 Starks

Starks

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:43 AM

I didn't see a new version of DM on curse. Where can I find this?

#7 Nisu

Nisu

King Hippo

• Allied Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:45 AM

I didn't see a new version of DM on curse. Where can I find this?

http://www.wowinterf...eMeters-AL.html

#8 Antarius

Antarius

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:35 AM

on the 23rd the Author of SW Stats said he was about 2 weeks away from posting version 2.0... should fix up any of the complaints anyone has about it's persing ability versus Damage Meters.

#9 ninor

ninor

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:50 AM

Using sw stats for raid tracking, and recap for info about my own damage.

#10 Northerner

Northerner

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

Swstats is god for in-game. I use a combination of line-strippers and either manual stepping.grepping (I know, it suits me though) or force-feeding recap.

To be quite honest, I've not seen a fight I can't deconstruct from the sw live+ combat log later. Recap with the changed combat log range is also a nice post-mortem indeed though but frankly, ... well, let's leave it at that. Sometimes more information is only just that.

#11 Kegsta

Kegsta

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:17 AM

how do i increase the combat log range? Ive just recently started using the /combatlog command and a longer range would be great.

edit: nvm found it in the bigwigs thread

/console SET CombatLogRangePartyPet "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayers "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayersPets "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayers "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayersPets "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeCreature "150"

on topic, i use swstats, becuase everyone else does, damage meters was working fine for me tho. this is just more complex to set up without any major benifits for your average joe.

#12 Ghiest

Ghiest

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:17 AM

Using sw stats for raid tracking, and recap for info about my own damage.

^^

I find Recap nicer for personal information than SW stats, although I hear some rumours of it not calculating misses correctly? (dodge/parry vs actual misses?).

SW stats is invaluble for raid information, especially as a raid/guild leader.... can spot the slackers :P

#13 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:51 AM

Yes, dodge and parry are counting as misses in recap.

I really like the more detailed overview of recap (especially in comparing to other rogues), but for overall damage SWStats is the way to go.

Stopped Playing

#14 Vosk

Vosk

Great Tiger

• Allied Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:23 AM

I wonder if anyone will ever update recap.
[13:49] <manly> buu: RIGHT NOW, ALL THE DATA WE HAVE IS 7.3% MULTIPLIER
[13:49] <manly> FUCK

#15 Regis

Regis

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:26 AM

I use SW Stats, but I find it a little bit buggy and such. DamageMeters are my favorite, but seeing as few in my guild uses it, I'm stuck on SW Stats. I use an unsynced version of recap for checking skills, highest crits and such.

Kombat Stats, for my own number of swings, how many glancing blows, procs on poisons etc etc.

#16 Guest_altairian_*

Guest_altairian_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:31 AM

Damagemeters 5.0 (or the version linked above which is updated for 1.12 syncing functionality) has a TON of things that it tracks. I'd have to log in to list everything, but I think it's pretty safe to say if there's a stat you could possibly track with a meter for a raid, damagemeters can do it now. The one thing it lacks that SW stats has, I believe, is the ability to spy on specific players and get detailed information about only what that player does.
I'm a simple kind of guy, and damagemeters works pretty well for me, I can't really think of anything more I'd want out of the mod that it's missing, now that it tracks overheal, effective healing, debuffs cured, and stuff like that.

#17 Zerianne

Zerianne

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:18 AM

Yes, Recap counts all failed attacks (dodge, miss, block, parry) as a "miss". For a while I thought my +hit gear wasn't working because my missrate was so high, but that's just the 5%ish dodgerate plus random parries thrown in. Other than that, Recap is hands down the best for tracking your personal stats, just because of its UI. I really wish SWS had the same kind of UI. The 'views' are neat, but just don't compare. Of course, Recap does not sync and is not suitable for a raid meter. I know there's some hacks floating around, but meh.

I mostly moved to SWS because everyone in the guild did. I stubbornly used DamageMeters until I noticed I was one of the only people in the sync channel, so I figured it was time to let it go. It's okay. It's got some cool/innovative stuff, but the UI is a little buggy and less than friendly, especially with regards to the syncing features. I'm hoping 2.0 is a big improvement (and also, hopefully, uses the builtin addon channel).

#18 Drauk

Drauk

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:23 AM

Damagemeters 5.0 with extended combat log range is way better than SWStats, and you don't even need to sync it.

Women's breasts can be modeled as a cone and measured as V = (Db^2*h*.785)/3 and since breasts can be thought of as an amorphous fluid, you just have to worry about containing the volume of the breast.

#19 Maledict

Maledict

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:26 AM

SWstats. The ability to select a single player and see a breakdown of what abilities they used, who they healed, where they did damage, how they did damage - that's priceless, and now I can do it I couldn;t imagine not being able to see that stuff.

You can do that with the combat log, but tbh its so much faster and easier with SWstats.

#20 issei

issei

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:30 AM

what i really dislike is how swstats forces you to track overall raid data if that's what everyone else is doing. i want to be able to monitor two sets: last fight, and overall. so for now, i use damagemeters to track individual fights, recap for my individual performance (+epeen dps count), and at the end of a run, i ask one of the other officers for an overall meter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users