• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Northerner

Northerner

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

Again though, is it really a big performance hit to /combatlog on for most people? I've been chatlogging and combatlogging for the last seven years or so and in no game has it really given me a problem in terms of performance. And no, I don't really run a rig from hell...

Honestly, writing even a large amount of text is still a trivial amount of data these days.

#22 Northerner

Northerner

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:42 AM

Damagemeters 5.0 with extended combat log range is way better than SWStats, and you don't even need to sync it.

This however interests me. The delta to the combat log was a new thing to me this week, and certainly will change my evaluation of some mods.

SWS still has a lot of very nice features though and I get off on some of them... oh well.

#23 Manabar

Manabar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

Damagemeters 5.0 with extended combat log range is way better than SWStats, and you don't even need to sync it.

Does it have all of the break down abilities that SWStats has? I seem to look at DPS and healing breakdowns more so than the raw dps/healing.

#24 kharen

kharen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:29 PM

The one thing [DamageMeters 5] lacks that SW stats has, I believe, is the ability to spy on specific players and get detailed information about only what that player does.

It can do that, but not in the same way - just turn on parsing for all events, then mouse over a player and hold ctrl (or possibly alt, i can't remember the default key bind, since it's possible to set the detailed breakdown as the default, which i've done since i first discovered it). And it's just a textual breakdown, not a graph, if you're picking about that sort of thing.

Not sure if it can track healing recieved and such like to the same extent as SW Stats though, as i mainly use it for keeping an eye on what our rogues are doing.

#25 Drauk

Drauk

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:30 PM

Does it have all of the break down abilities that SWStats has? I seem to look at DPS and healing breakdowns more so than the raw dps/healing.

Of course. And you don't need to setup a separate pane for that, just hold Ctrl over somebody's bar and you'll see breakdown of spell/abilities.

Women's breasts can be modeled as a cone and measured as V = (Db^2*h*.785)/3 and since breasts can be thought of as an amorphous fluid, you just have to worry about containing the volume of the breast.

#26 lossendil

lossendil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:30 PM

It's not an in-game tool, but have a look at Wow Web Stats : http://www.lossendil.fr

An example of generated reports : http://lossendil.fre...aps/wws-demo-1/

Another one with the future(still beta) look : http://www.lossendil.../wws-0702-2136/
And another feature I'm working on

Posted Image

If there's a feature or a stat that's not in WWS yet, just go the the forums http://www.lossendil.fr/forum and I'll add it soon

#27 Maskirovka

Maskirovka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:44 PM

what i really dislike is how swstats forces you to track overall raid data if that's what everyone else is doing. i want to be able to monitor two sets: last fight, and overall. so for now, i use damagemeters to track individual fights, recap for my individual performance (+epeen dps count), and at the end of a run, i ask one of the other officers for an overall meter.

I hated that about SWS also. Fortunately, SWS 2.0 is designed to let you track exactly what data you want. For example (if i'm reading his explanation correctly), you can record warrior and rogue DPS separately, yet report them together. Hopefully the interface he designs will make it easy to actually use.

http://forums.sw-sta...wtopic.php?t=10

I was using both DM and SWS until 1.12. For now I've ditched SWS and until 2.0 comes out, I'm back to using DM only.

#28 Rogar

Rogar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:56 PM

edit: beaten to it

#29 Chupa

Chupa

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

Again though, is it really a big performance hit to /combatlog on for most people? I've been chatlogging and combatlogging for the last seven years or so and in no game has it really given me a problem in terms of performance. And no, I don't really run a rig from hell...

Honestly, writing even a large amount of text is still a trivial amount of data these days.

Er, no, but I'd be willing to bet that 99% of people want to see it on the fly, rather than parsing a text file after the fact.

#30 subscience

subscience

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:48 PM

We also use SWStats.

#31 Azulor

Azulor

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:53 PM

Dumb question incoming....I can't seem to get a proper DPS report from Damagemeters. I click so that Visilble Quantity says DPS, and I never get anything useful. It reports total damage fine.

What am I screwing up?

#32 enshula

enshula

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:42 AM

Lossendil really liking that. Once you get the who does what when graph in there im not sure i could think of anything else to add.

#33 Lactose

Lactose

Don Lactose

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:14 AM

Depends on pets.
Look, Lactose, we'd rather you didn't eradicate the whole human race.
- Sam & Max

#34 Leviandan

Leviandan

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:10 PM

http://www.wowinterf...DamageMeters-AL

New and improved DamageMeters for 1.12.

5.1.1 - 9-1-06 (By AnduinLothar)
* Fixed some saved variable issues with not being set due to 1.12 changes

5.1.0 - 8-31-06 (By AnduinLothar)
* Now uses SendAddonMessage for hidden channel communication
- Broadcasting channels is no longer necessary (though you should still start a new session when you begin an instance)
- Channel is only shared by party/raid members
* Added Channel and Whisper options to the report menu with static popups for input
* Added New Session, Sync, Ready, Pause and Clear options to the Synchronization menu
* Added an option to sync messages automatically. This will auto-sync when you leave combat once every three (3) minutes
- This option is in BETA stages and has NOT been extensively tested in large groups
- This option is disabled by default
* Message parsing has been slowed down a little to cause less frame lag on slow computers
* Outgoing chat traffic now uses the embedded ChatThrottleLib (by Mikk) to regulate bandwidth, so as not to be disconnected
* Removed /dmsynckick as it is no longer possible to kick someone from the automatic channels

#35 Dotts

Dotts

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

It's not an in-game tool, but have a look at Wow Web Stats : http://www.lossendil.fr

An example of generated reports : http://lossendil.fre...aps/wws-demo-1/

Another one with the future(still beta) look : http://www.lossendil.../wws-0702-2136/
And another feature I'm working on

http://lossendil.fr/...melinetest2.png

If there's a feature or a stat that's not in WWS yet, just go the the forums http://www.lossendil.fr/forum and I'll add it soon

I've used your stuff a couple times I like it.

I'lll like it even more now that I've seen how to make my combat range insrease. I could never get any of the slackers in my guild to send me any data.

I have used Sw Stats for a while and Damage meter also.

SW Stats seemed nice but for whatever reason I, and my guild, would have issues witht the sync channel dissappearing.

The new Damage meters seems to be working well.

#36 Starpoe2

Starpoe2

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:36 PM

Was there ever some sort of custom skinning option in Damage Meters? I always liked the looks of SW Stats but the functionality of Damage Meters.

#37 xyruul

xyruul

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:08 PM

I still use dm. sw stats consumes 8x to 10x the memory that dm does which led to far too many gc's.
I'm surprised no one here mentioned performance issues. One gc at the wrong time can cause a death on a lot of fights.

#38 red

red

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

Last time I tried extending my combat log range with those console commands (a couple months ago) I got no actual improvement. I tried setting them in my config.wtf file, I tried setting them in-game, I tried setting them via an addon. Nothing seemed to actually increase the range. What's the trick?

#39 Damien

Damien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:35 AM

how do i increase the combat log range? Ive just recently started using the /combatlog command and a longer range would be great.

edit: nvm found it in the bigwigs thread

/console SET CombatLogRangePartyPet "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayers "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayersPets "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayers "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayersPets "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeCreature "150"

on topic, i use swstats, becuase everyone else does, damage meters was working fine for me tho. this is just more complex to set up without any major benifits for your average joe.

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know if you have to type this every time you start up WoW? Or just once?

#40 Nisu

Nisu

King Hippo

• Allied Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:40 AM

how do i increase the combat log range? Ive just recently started using the /combatlog command and a longer range would be great.

edit: nvm found it in the bigwigs thread

/console SET CombatLogRangePartyPet "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayers "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeFriendlyPlayersPets "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayers "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeHostilePlayersPets "150"
/console SET CombatLogRangeCreature "150"

on topic, i use swstats, becuase everyone else does, damage meters was working fine for me tho. this is just more complex to set up without any major benifits for your average joe.

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know if you have to type this every time you start up WoW? Or just once?

Once pew WoW install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users