• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:14 AM

You can enter that also in your config.wtf file.
Bar the /console command of course.

And what is the actual max setting for these commands? Heard it was 100 and here is posted 150.

Stopped Playing

#42 Roland

Roland

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:24 AM

You can enter that also in your config.wtf file.
Bar the /console command of course.

And what is the actual max setting for these commands? Heard it was 100 and here is posted 150.

Does this command have an effect on the range at which the DamageMeters gather DPS information? Or is that static?
\"Man is the measure of all things.\" -Protagoras

#43 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:08 AM

I think so.
Recap and Damagemeter are getting their information out of the combatlog, so an increased range should help them as well.

Stopped Playing

#44 Roland

Roland

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:23 AM

I think so.
Recap and Damagemeter are getting their information out of the combatlog, so an increased range should help them as well.

I figured as much, and did some preliminary testing with no results. I'll attempt it again tomorrow and report back here with my findings.
\"Man is the measure of all things.\" -Protagoras

#45 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:40 AM

One nice side effect I noticed was that SpellAlert now also has an increased range.
I could see when Anub'Rekhan was beginning to cast Locust Swarm from the safe position, wherease before that change I had to be really close.
Didn't notice any significant performance drop with settings on 100, but also didn't check for accuracy either.

Stopped Playing

#46 Quasi

Quasi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:26 PM

It's not an in-game tool, but have a look at Wow Web Stats : http://www.lossendil.fr

An example of generated reports : http://lossendil.fre...aps/wws-demo-1/

Another one with the future(still beta) look : http://www.lossendil.../wws-0702-2136/
And another feature I'm working on

If there's a feature or a stat that's not in WWS yet, just go the the forums http://www.lossendil.fr/forum and I'll add it soon

Currently using a combination of SWstats and Lossendil's combat log parser. I will have to say that nothing I have come across gives this kind of information about raids and individiual activity. We recently had issues with a tank not being able to hold aggro and wondered why. After reviewing a full four hour raid night we were able to see the reason.

The only thing I wish WWS had is a breakdown by encounter like bossfights or trash clears (based on the built in timeline).

#47 Dryw

Dryw

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:29 PM

After reviewing a full four hour raid night we were able to see the reason.

a little offtopic: what was the reason?

#48 silversum

silversum

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:41 PM

Sw Stats has heir 2.0 beta 1 out now.
http://forums.sw-sta...wtopic.php?t=70
http://www.curse-gam...1-sw-stats.html

#49 mutagen

mutagen

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

The only thing I wish WWS had is a breakdown by encounter like bossfights or trash clears (based on the built in timeline).

I believe that is coming in the next version, which may be done soon. Right now I'm faking it by running stats for each boss present by selecting Trim Logs and selecting the boss in the From and To.

A few stats nuts in the guild are getting behind the effort and sending me logs, WWS is reporting 4% more info for the second log and 1% more for the third.

We're pretty casual so its little more than post them up and let people make their own conclusions or at best someone posts a class thread and we discuss it in positive happy terms (we have enough drama, we don't need to start Meters drama). I'm starting to make some of my own, including my own performance and stuff like using Inner Focus more often, more renews, etc. We're fortunate to have a couple of monster healing Druids and an amazing Healadin that give us a picture of how to destroy the meters (and not with shifty stuff like post-res healing). Decurse, Dispell and Cleansing counts are great too, I thought I was paying attention but I suck at getting debuffs cleaned off people.

The potential of this tool is amazing, that teaser pic of a graph of raid damage and healing Lossendil posted a while back looks great. If he can put that into a per-boss encounter we'll really be able to start narrowing in on what is happening during a fight.

My two (not-so-informed) sents.

#50 Jairek

Jairek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

I go with recap for personal stats, and for "splits." This just means that I have it set to track the last fight, and have it spit out the totals after I'm out of combat. Another benefit of recap/damagemeters is the ease with which you can see a breakdown of anyone's data. SW Stats forces you to go through a config page to change targets. Sure, you can set up pages, but there aren't enough pages to cover everything that I'm curious about.

SW Stats is what we use to track total damage/heal/etc.

Damage meters is still loaded on the machine, but I keep it perpetually hidden. I'll probably be axing it soon.

#51 Quasi

Quasi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

After reviewing a full four hour raid night we were able to see the reason.

a little offtopic: what was the reason?

In comparison to other tanks that night this tank (was an OT) relied heavily on sunder armor and shield slam to hold aggro.

Very little use of revenge or Heroic Strike to maintain aggro. He used approx 40 HS and 5 Revenge's the whole night. The other OT's used 250+ HS and 50+ Revenge's that night. He did not go afk and was an OT the whole night.

#52 Quasi

Quasi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

I believe that is coming in the next version, which may be done soon. Right now I'm faking it by running stats for each boss present by selecting Trim Logs and selecting the boss in the From and To.

A few stats nuts in the guild are getting behind the effort and sending me logs, WWS is reporting 4% more info for the second log and 1% more for the third.

We're pretty casual so its little more than post them up and let people make their own conclusions or at best someone posts a class thread and we discuss it in positive happy terms (we have enough drama, we don't need to start Meters drama). I'm starting to make some of my own, including my own performance and stuff like using Inner Focus more often, more renews, etc. We're fortunate to have a couple of monster healing Druids and an amazing Healadin that give us a picture of how to destroy the meters (and not with shifty stuff like post-res healing). Decurse, Dispell and Cleansing counts are great too, I thought I was paying attention but I suck at getting debuffs cleaned off people.

The potential of this tool is amazing, that teaser pic of a graph of raid damage and healing Lossendil posted a while back looks great. If he can put that into a per-boss encounter we'll really be able to start narrowing in on what is happening during a fight.

That is a pretty good idea. I will look into the Trim logs as you posted above to isolate specific time frames/boss fights. Right now there are 2 of us that run combatlog for raids. One more combatlog to merge (for a total of 3) sounds like a good number to shoot for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users