• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 LodeRunner

LodeRunner

Just an excitable boy

• Guild Members
  • 4796 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

Oh boy I'm sure glad I get 1 new recipe and 2 upgrades and not the.... 27 new recipes from Engineering!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 Ragaman

Ragaman

King Hippo

• Guild Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

Cry more noob!

Edit: To add some content, its still in alpha. More stuff will probably be added etc. Save the whining until things are more concrete.
"You tell her she's a bitch!!"
"I can't, she's dead"
"Then you tell her she's a goddamn whore!"

#23 Boevis

Boevis

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1284 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

Oh boy I'm sure glad I get 1 new recipe and 2 upgrades and not the.... 27 new recipes from Engineering!

Because Flares, Tonks, and Critter Enlargers have combat applications

#24 LodeRunner

LodeRunner

Just an excitable boy

• Guild Members
  • 4796 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:01 PM

There are. um... 5 axesmith specific recipes. If you say I'm getting a new one that makes 6. If they new one is something I can sell with any sort of regularity, that will make 2 profitable weapons from Axesmithing, the first being Dawn's Edges.

Oh well at least I'm not a leatherworker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 Derketo

Derketo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

There are. um... 5 axesmith specific recipes. If you say I'm getting a new one that makes 6. If they new one is something I can sell with any sort of regularity, that will make 2 profitable weapons from Axesmithing, the first being Dawn's Edges.

Arcanite reaper and nightfall?
I'll be alright when we get to pass out time.

#26 Renaldo

Renaldo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:17 PM

Ok, because engineering receiving a buff after being neglected since forever is so overpowered.

Besides, he just got the engineering ones. Nobody knows for if they're going to be final, or if they're going to add new recipes for other trades, or what.

#27 Guest_altairian_*

Guest_altairian_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

Maybe you should chill out and actually read what people say to you, he said "new 1 and 2 hander recipes which are upgradeable", sounds like they'll be pretty nice items.
I'm more concerned about blacksmithing as a whole being made more useful. The only things I ever make as an axesmith are steel weapon chains and mithril spurs (mostly because I tell hunters they're idiots for wanting dawn's edge >_> )

#28 Sorry

Sorry

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

Schematic: Mana Potion Injector
Schematic: Healing Potion Injector

Hello what do we have here

I'd like those to turn healing potions into more powerful HoTs.
0 Healing
0% Block
100 Energy

#29 Gort

Gort

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:34 PM

As long as Goblin Engineering doesn't remain the profession's proverbial red-headed (explosive) step-child...

I so want some new toys. Stupid gnomes. :(

#30 xarg

xarg

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

Ok, because engineering receiving a buff after being neglected since forever is so overpowered.

Besides, he just got the engineering ones. Nobody knows for if they're going to be final, or if they're going to add new recipes for other trades, or what.

Engineering being neglected since forever? Engineering has had the most pvp applications for a long time. There's also plenty of other handy useful items like the teleporters. At least it isn't a profession where having someone in the guild with it is just as good as having it yourself.

#31 LodeRunner

LodeRunner

Just an excitable boy

• Guild Members
  • 4796 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:54 PM

Arcanite reaper and nightfall?

No one buys the former anymore and the latter is too costly to turn a profit and not very desirable anyway
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#32 Hematite

Hematite

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:06 AM

Out of Tailoring, Leatherworking and Blacksmithing, Blacksmithing is by far the one with the most useful stuff at the moment. Appreciate what you've got?

#33 xarg

xarg

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:18 AM

I dropped blacksmithing, it didn't really have anything to offer. Either you can craft something 20 other people on the server can also craft, you can spend hundreds of gold and hours on being able to craft something 5 other people can craft and is rarely needed. Or you can make sharpening stones? At least tailors/leatherworkers have a cooldown that's required to make T3 and they can make profit out of that.

#34 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5560 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

I dropped blacksmithing, it didn't really have anything to offer. Either you can craft something 20 other people on the server can also craft, you can spend hundreds of gold and hours on being able to craft something 5 other people can craft and is rarely needed. Or you can make sharpening stones? At least tailors/leatherworkers have a cooldown that's required to make T3 and they can make profit out of that.

unfortunately, that is ALL those professions have :-P

#35 xarg

xarg

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:35 AM

Hey, let's not forget the valuable services of a tailor to any DM full tribute run! And to lowbies! :)

#36 Darkmantle

Darkmantle

King Hippo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:38 AM

Due to the lack of any actual cost in crafting anything without a cooldown in wow the finished product is usually worth less than its individual components. So unless the recipe is particularly rare like lion heart helm then those arcanite bars are more valuable on the market because there are sooo many uses for them whereas lion heart helm is useful to only a few people. Anyone familiar with herbalism and alchemy will tell you a similar thing herbs sell for more than pots.

#37 Rabid Rob

Rabid Rob

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:55 AM

I saw a Gnomish Turret somewhere, ie, gnomes get another pet... goblins get The Bigger One

#38 panny

panny

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1105 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:04 AM

I saw a Gnomish Turret somewhere, ie, gnomes get another pet... goblins get The Bigger One

Useless if the cast time is anything like The Big One. Also, I really hope there's a new interface for crafting. The number of times I've miscalculated the amount of Stupid Material X is disheartening.

#39 Nolari

Nolari

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:04 PM

Also, I really hope there's a new interface for crafting. The number of times I've miscalculated the amount of Stupid Material X is disheartening.

Indeed. Until then, Advanced Trade Skill Window for the win.

#40 Goggles

Goggles

King Hippo

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:19 PM

Schematic: Ultra-Spectropic Detection Goggles
Schematic: Hyper-Vision Goggles
Schematic: Power Amplification Goggles
Schematic: Cogspinner Goggles

:dance:

This is the addition I'm most looking forward to in TBC. I just hope they've got new models/skins and that they're even half useful.
Not actually a member of Refusion on Burning Blade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users