Photo

Level 60 Hunter Spreadsheet (using Lactose’s cycle formulae)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 bife

bife

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:28 PM

Is it possible to get a version with a more comprehensive gear list?

#22 Naghat

Naghat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

Bife - The spreadsheet is actually rather friendly with respect to adding gear that is not already included.

1) Go to Format - > Sheet - > Unhide and from there you can display the Math, Enchant, or Items sheets that were hidden by the author.

2) Add the Name & Stats of your item in the appropriate category.

3) Go to Insert -> Name -> Define and update the range on the appropriate name to include your new items.

#23 Sarana

Sarana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:57 PM

KraJee: Howdy, I’ve been very tied up with school and raiding the past two days so I have not had much time to check the problem. Today I did some searching and I noticed that there was an error in Set-B’s “Use†trinkets where it was looking at Set-A’s item set. I’ll update the link in a few minutes. Thanks for catching the bug. ^_^

Bife: What kind of armor are you looking for? I can probably add if it you’d like (if it’s not tier 0 or .5… they look too ugly :V: ). As Naghat said, it’s not too hard to add yourself.

#24 Farstrider

Farstrider

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:24 AM

Rather than start a new thread I thought this might be an appropriate place to start getting a few thoughts on the apparent changes with regard to RAP/agility.

I assume that this has been done to counter the amount of dps we were getting from RAP which was making choice of ranged weapon (outside of speed) quite irrelevant.

One major problem I see with the change (i.e. 1 agi - 1 RAP rather than 1 agi - 2 RAP) is that a lot of itemisation is going to need to be redone.

Consider:-

Barb of the Sand Reaver
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Polearm
225 - 338 Damage Speed 3.70
(76.1 damage per second)
+41 Agility
+31 Stamina
enchanted with +25 agi

under new rules, at level 60, that means 66 RAP and 1.24% crit.

Barbarous Blade
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Sword
138 - 207 Damage Speed 3.20
(53.9 damage per second)
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.
Equip: +60 Attack Power
enchanted with +25 agi

under new rules, at level 60, that means 85 RAP and 1.47% crit.

Now I know you're getting a *lot* of stamina on the Barb but all the same, that stamina isn't really reflective of the difference in difficulty getting hold of the two weapons. And Barbarous Blade looks a *lot* cooler!

Seems like this change is going to mean a lot of work for Blizzard to rebalance things, and also means suddenly we're going to be after exactly the same necks/trinkets/rings as rogues, even more than before.
<Fric> I think the only kind of gay buttsex I'd enjoy on any level would be assraping a smug hipster douchebag (also possibly a roid head and/or fratboy/Jersey Shore cast member)
<Zyla> If there's gonna be a dick in the room besides my own, i'd rather it have to be my brother's. You know that kinda sounds bad all typed out like that,

#25 Fendryl

Fendryl

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

Consider:-

Barb of the Sand Reaver
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Polearm
225 - 338 Damage Speed 3.70
(76.1 damage per second)
+41 Agility
+31 Stamina
enchanted with +25 agi

under new rules, at level 60, that means 66 RAP and 1.24% crit.

Barbarous Blade
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Sword
138 - 207 Damage Speed 3.20
(53.9 damage per second)
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.
Equip: +60 Attack Power
enchanted with +25 agi

under new rules, at level 60, that means 85 RAP and 1.47% crit.

New agi:crit is supposedly 33:1, also remember that the blades crit will be changed to crit rating of 14 too. Dunno if agi:crit at 70 will still be 33:1 or what though.

#26 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,761 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

Why are you derailing a thread about substantive math on hunters to discuss a rumored leaked change from TBC that may have no basis in reality, and may not make it to release if it does?

(PS: Don't.)

#27 Phlis

Phlis

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:01 PM

I can think of a couple reasons. For one, Lactose's formulas are pretty well known by hunters. Secondly, all the possible gear and where it stands in terms of DPS, crit chance, and for spec vs. spec is pretty much already known. No new content until BC, right? So, while we have no definate news on how hunters will be at 70, it would still be interesting to take a mathamatical look the fake items and rumors. Going through the math to see where we'll end up, while an exercise in futility, at least gives us something to do while we wait for actual news.

I personnally wouldn't mind seeing some new formulas based on the supposed talents and the AP/AGI rumors, just to see how much DPS we can expect to be doing at 60 with say Ash.

#28 Farstrider

Farstrider

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:19 PM

Why are you derailing a thread about substantive math on hunters to discuss a rumored leaked change from TBC that may have no basis in reality, and may not make it to release if it does?

because 1. I didn't want to waste people's time with a new post, and 2. I lay awake thinking about it for a quite tragic length of time this morning.
<Fric> I think the only kind of gay buttsex I'd enjoy on any level would be assraping a smug hipster douchebag (also possibly a roid head and/or fratboy/Jersey Shore cast member)
<Zyla> If there's gonna be a dick in the room besides my own, i'd rather it have to be my brother's. You know that kinda sounds bad all typed out like that,

#29 Sarana

Sarana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:44 PM

Hmm… I did a small change in calculation +Ranged skill.

I will also start updating a BC spreadsheet. I’ll add onto it when more things are confirmed. For now, I only changed the value of 1 AGI to 1 RAP and changed the AGI/CRIT to 33. I also increased all ranged weapon DPS by 10%. Please, keep in mind none of this stuff has been confirmed yet and there is a possibility that the current cycle may longer apply in the expansion.

#30 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

Good idea on having a seperate spreadsheet for the current TBC Hunter changes.

I also suspect the current Aimed/Multi rotation will change, but hopefully by the end of the week there will be an answer.

#31 Phlis

Phlis

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:56 PM

If you haven't looked already there are new versions of every applicable skill, multi, aimed, arcane, aspect of the hawk, all up at curse gaming. I linked them in a post which escapes me at the moment, but there are also a bunch of pet skills so it may be feasible to create a hunter + pet dps spreadsheet of somekind

#32 Zurai

Zurai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

Ranged weapon DPS increased more than 10% - it's closer to 20% actually. Rhok went up to 54 DPS, striker's mark is 48.x, ash is 55. Still, the values should be easy to change locally. Thanks Sarana.

#33 KraJee

KraJee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

I'm still getting incorrect values from the Stat Damage Ratio box (I've sent you an email with a saved spreadsheet - hope you don't mind) with equal sets of gear. Oddly enough, it only appears to happen on Set-B when I'm using a survival spec to do calculations with. The Set-A survival build appears to work (save some buffing issues I mention below).

Also, I've done some additional "playing" and it appears that if you add a buff like Leader of the Pack to the custom buffed list, it devalues the value, in AP, of +1 crit. It doesn't seem to me that adding raw crit % would change this equivalence of +1 crit = agi = AP at all. A similar result is happening with mongoose pots. Blessing of Kings also causes the value to go down, but I think you mentioned previously that you were still working on that.

Occasionally I was getting negative numbers for the custom buffed section of the +1 crit -> AP equivalence, and I believe it has something to do with the way you're calculating in Furious Howl. I did the following scenario :

Full strikers w/ complimentary CS set pieces, blackhand's breadth, kiss of the spider, master dragonslayer's ring, bronze signet ring (E), talisman of connivery, barb of the sand reaver, huhuran's stinger, and thorium arrows. I also used the default enchants for each piece.

I unchecked all the buffs in the custom buff section save AotH and TSA (I was using standard marks spec without surefooted), to make the self buffed = custom buffed. After I did this, I checked Furious Howl, and I got a nevative value for the agility and AP equivalence of +1 crit.

The DPS of the custom buffed version went up slightly (as expected), but as I said, the Stat Damage Ratio seems a little horked.

Thanks for all the hard work! The spreadsheet looks so pretty :D

#34 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

according to your spreadsheet, with full cryptstalker, going from ash'jrethul to nerubian slavemaker is only an 8-10 dps increase. this seems...off to me :-P

#35 Pontiac

Pontiac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:06 PM

Should be more like 30, if my math is right.

#36 Largo

Largo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:34 PM

According to the 3.1 spreadsheet released here, Full Crypt, swapping XBoS and NS as 5/31/15, was about 28 dps difference with Optimal DPS and Self-Buffed.

Possibly 3.1->3.12 equation change that broke that?

#37 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:49 AM

according to your spreadsheet, with full cryptstalker, going from ash'jrethul to nerubian slavemaker is only an 8-10 dps increase.

I got a 23.6 dps increase with buffs and a 29 dps increase unbuffed. Did you look at the clipped cycle? That one is lower dps.

#38 Azulor

Azulor

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

You do indeed have mad excel skills, thx much.

#39 Sarana

Sarana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

Phlis: If you have any information to the new spells and such, just post the link and I’ll and it onto the list.
I have thought about adding pets to the spreadsheet but then I realized that they can be affected by glancing blows, dodges and parries. They also have their own focus regeneration. I don’t understand melee enough to add pets, sorry :(

Zurai: Spiffy, I’ll change the ranged weapons to 20%.

KraJee: I think I have finally fixed the problem. Somewhere in the math page, it was using a value from the wrong column. I also fixed Furious Howl and added kings and LR, thanks. As for the AP values getting lower. That does not mean they are less valuable. It actually means the value is increasing as you get more critical strike. The closer something gets to 1:1 with crit, the better! (I think… my head hurts :blink:)

Elendril: Hmm… I tried putting in the values myself and I got 28.4 DPS unbuffed and 29.99 DPS custom buffed.

Thanks for the input so far, everyone!

#40 Fendryl

Fendryl

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:02 PM

It still cracks me up that the single biggest 1 item upgrade for me is to stop being a cheapskate & use thorium or icethreaded ammo =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users