• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 krucifix85

krucifix85

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:48 AM

Sorry then, poor assumption on my behalf.

#102 L8Night

L8Night

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:07 PM

This is an interesting thread, and I can see why blizzard would do this - to encourage everyone to get new items. It does sound like its going to make gear selection a bit more complicated.

I think they would at least include item level in the equation and compare that against the player's level. For the most part that wouldn't matter since most/all of the raiding sets are level 60 anyway, but it makes sense that an item with 2% to crit that's level 58, for example, would only have 1.93% crit to a level 59 player and 1.85% to a level 60 player. Granded its probably a moot point since everyone has level 60 gear anyway, but for those that don't I'll bet item level is included in the calculation.
Matrill - Level 60 Mage - 0/28/23

#103 Boevis

Boevis

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

Sorry about the ressurect, but I didn't want to clutter the Resilience thread with a rating question.

Has anyone had the chance to look at how Rating affects players lower than 60? Blackhands Breadth can technically be obtained at level 55, and basing it on the (64/14)*2^(-level/10) %crit per point of rating, you could be getting 2.83% crit from the 28 Rating of Blackhands. If pre-60 items are being balanced for level 60's, should they be more powerful for <60's like Agi currently is?

Or is BB balanced for ilevel 60 (requires level 55) and the formula above is incorrect? (doubtful)

#104 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:36 PM

Thottbot link shows me ilevel 63 for BB and the quest to obtain it at level 60 (can be accepted at level 55).

Stopped Playing

#105 Qrmu

Qrmu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:43 PM

Sorry about the ressurect, but I didn't want to clutter the Resilience thread with a rating question.

Has anyone had the chance to look at how Rating affects players lower than 60? Blackhands Breadth can technically be obtained at level 55, and basing it on the (64/14)*2^(-level/10) %crit per point of rating, you could be getting 2.83% crit from the 28 Rating of Blackhands. If pre-60 items are being balanced for level 60's, should they be more powerful for <60's like Agi currently is?

Or is BB balanced for ilevel 60 (requires level 55) and the formula above is incorrect? (doubtful)

Someone said that ratings are static for level 1-60. Tho I have no quote of that nor any other way to prove it.

Since there are items like http://thottbot.com/?i=2237. I would guess the scaling works on a different formula between 1 and 59. Or lower level items get less crit rating per old crit. +16% crit from a ilevel 25 item is too silly.

Anyone got any definite answers?

#106 zork

zork

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:46 PM

u need
14 crit rating for 1% crit at 60
14 hit rating for 1% hit at 60
14 defense rating for +10defense skill at 60

for lvl 61 i will tell you in 1 hour, need to log in.

major point for some talents which give %to hit, crit, defense.
these talents do not scale (in their current form)

so they become imba at high levels.
| Simple is beautiful.
| Blog | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | Guild | zorker.de

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

#107 Qrmu

Qrmu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

u need
14 crit rating for 1% crit at 60
14 hit rating for 1% hit at 60
14 defense rating for +10defense skill at 60

for lvl 61 i will tell you in 1 hour, need to log in.

At 61 you need 15.005 for 1% crit, that's what we already know. Question was what you need at level 59 or prior.

Edit: typo

#108 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:27 PM

Here's a question, and not sure if it was answered.

Will items with higher ilvl transfer out to have more of a crit/hit rating after TBC?

The usual example is Blackhand's Breadth. I'm not sure the ilvl of it but considering you need to be about 56, I'd assume it's roughly 60 maybe? So if that becomes enough crit rating to equal 2% crit chance, would other items that have hit and crit gaim more crit rating because of their higher ilvl, therefore effectively making them longer-lasting?

IE: Crit chance on nightslayer would be 14 CR, making it less crit at level 70. But Bonescythe would be worth perhaps 16 or 18 CR, making it worth 1% crit at level 70?

The whole thing is still somewhat confusing to me considering the amount of posts I've seen and we're still mostly in speculation heh.

#109 Abaxial

Abaxial

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:41 PM

The iLvl of blackhand's breadth is 63 btw lady
Posted Image

#110 Jeht

Jeht

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

I guess maybe I'm in the minority but I am fucking stoked to start replacing my purps with blue and green quest rewards. Like, isn't that what WoW's all about, in the end? More and better gear? I for one wasn't looking forward to grinding 10 levels in my 2.5.

#111 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:59 PM

I guess maybe I'm in the minority but I am fucking stoked to start replacing my purps with blue and green quest rewards. Like, isn't that what WoW's all about, in the end? More and better gear? I for one wasn't looking forward to grinding 10 levels in my 2.5.

I was, 2.5 is much better coordinated than random greens and blues. ; ;

The iLvl of blackhand's breadth is 63 btw lady

TY! I was too lazy to look it up hehe.

#112 impossible!

impossible!

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

I'd imagine that, in the case of items like Blackhand's Breadth, they will be balanced against level 60 players, and simply be an incredible boost in power to anyone actually able to obtain them at level 55 under the assumption that it would be largely difficult for them to do so. It would be no different than players that are able to get items like Thrash Blade at level 45, now.

#113 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

I'd imagine that, in the case of items like Blackhand's Breadth, they will be balanced against level 60 players, and simply be an incredible boost in power to anyone actually able to obtain them at level 55 under the assumption that it would be largely difficult for them to do so. It would be no different than players that are able to get items like Thrash Blade at level 45, now.

That wasn't my point.

If the BB was itemized at level 63, and say, another item with crit, like a KOTS was itemized at 85, does that mean come TBC the KOTS allows for more CR thereby increasing it's longevity?

#114 Copernicus

Copernicus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

That wasn't my point.

If the BB was itemized at level 63, and say, another item with crit, like a KOTS was itemized at 85, does that mean come TBC the KOTS allows for more CR thereby increasing it's longevity?

No. Rating is not tied to an item's ilvl.

#115 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:01 PM

That wasn't my point.

No. Rating is not tied to an item's ilvl.

Sad. =(

#116 impossible!

impossible!

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:37 PM

Haha. I just realized that I wasn't scrolled all the way down the page before I responded. At any rate, yeah, current raid epics will be at their current effectiveness when BC comes out, meaning they will be changed to reflect ratings based on a level 60. Could you imagine Blizzard changing current raid epics to be based on conversion at , let's say, level 65? Raiders would be able to, quite literally, tear the game fabric and eat less equipped players.

#117 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:14 PM

Haha. I just realized that I wasn't scrolled all the way down the page before I responded. At any rate, yeah, current raid epics will be at their current effectiveness when BC comes out, meaning they will be changed to reflect ratings based on a level 60. Could you imagine Blizzard changing current raid epics to be based on conversion at , let's say, level 65? Raiders would be able to, quite literally, tear the game fabric and eat less equipped players.

Except that gear should technically be the bridge from one instance to another, and because of the new rating value the old raid items will decay.

Certainly their intention but the thought of going out of purples for better blues is icky. Especially since I know I'm going to look like the noob I once was, entering MC in Maraudon and SM gear.

#118 Skel

Skel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:54 PM

It's sounding more and more like a leveling of the playing field. Guilds that weren't able to compete effectively in AQ40 or naxx because they were slow in MC or BWL now have a chance to level up quickly and be on darn near equal footing as far as gear requirements with guilds that have been farming most of naxx for months. Going to be interesting to see how things get shaken up. The way ratings look to be encouraging upgrades from 60 all the way to 70 definately makes it a whole new ball-game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users