• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Neige

Neige

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

My guild will be starting our first round of serious Huhuran attempts this week, so we are trying to do some planning now. Our current strat has the MT wearing 315 NR, but after reading some stuff on here, it seems that it is important to still have a good amount of armor and defense. Does anyone have their combat logs from the enraged part that show what kind of damage the MT is taking? We haven't had an emerald dragon kill, so to have 315 NR on the MT will seriously gimp his stats. I think that we will need to mix some wrath with NR, but it will be much easier to know for sure if we can look at some combat logs to see what portion of the damage comes from what source.

#2 Flubber

Flubber

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

We use a tank in massive NR to start the first 75% and take all the stacks...then expect him to die at the enrage. Thats when a tank in mixed nr/tank gear finishes the fight. 4 Chain heals on him will keep him up through the NR issues and will heal the sponges surrounding him in good shape. Worst case you can add PoH priests.

She hits very fast and hard (a bit harder than 10% Chrommagus), so 315 NR will mean one dead tank if a tranq misses and a hunter is late on the recorrect.

#3 Fluster

Fluster

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

My OT and I use only about 200 Buffed NR using only good epic plate NR and alternate aggro to drop stacks past 3 or so.

We do one final swap at 30% (ignites permitting) and I generally tank 30-0 as it's easier for me to get the aggro from him (TF) on the final switch. We are good at it, it works and if the unthinkable happens and I die in a big squishy lump (she does in fact, hit like a train if you're not in 440/10k) then he has second aggro anyway and we still win with ease.

The way we are positioned, both tanks are outside the meatwall for the NR anyway, so there is no real problem with less NR and most of her damage physical on the tanks unless a lot of your meatwall die post 30.

Just do what suits you though. I'll grab a log for you next run if you still need it. Further to the post above me, the tranq is irrelvant post 30% so 315 means a pretty dead tank even without the comedy value of hunter's tranq ehmm... "issues"

#4 Largo

Largo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

I really like the new AI with chain healing to help cover healer silences. We tend to assign 1 healer for 1-2 soaks but the Chain with Prayer let us kill her with 5 deaths. Did notice a double miss on a tranq last time but it didn't affect us greatly. I drop down to about +5 hit with 200 unbuffed NR. I also like sending pets/peasants in at Enrage to take up wyvern stings though it doesn't work for the volley. Still, better to have awake rogues.

We do the same as Fluster with agro swaps on the MT/OT1 and light enough range dps so they can burst on enrage and not pull, which was a problem during some of our earlier wipes.

Unload whatever you can into crafting the Cenarion NR to make up for whatever your soaks need. We killed her the first week trying mostly due to the gold we dumped into crafting those and NR pots.

#5 Uthalin

Uthalin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:04 AM

We use two tanks for the entire fight both using around 200 buffed NR. They both ping pong aggro back and forth for the first 70% of the fight. As soon as one has 3 debuffs they will stop generating aggro and the other one picks it up and the debuffs on the first tank wear down. We will keep swapping until 30%. We used to make a big deal about doing one last swap at 31% but we don't really anymore. Both of the tanks also act as sponges during the enrage phase.

One thing that we do that is different then what it seems is common with most people is that we use 1 to 2/3 healing to sponge assignments. Each tank will usually get 2ish healers as well and the other healers during downtime on there sponges will heal the tanks. We never really even tried using PoH for healing the sponges.

#6 JoltColaOfEvil

JoltColaOfEvil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:54 AM

The way we are positioned, both tanks are outside the meatwall for the NR anyway, so there is no real problem with less NR and most of her damage physical on the tanks unless a lot of your meatwall die post 30.

Am I correct in reading this statement that you have your 15 soakers standing inside Huhu's model, and the tank at max melee range?

Do you not use hunters at all for NR soakers ?

#7 Emily

Emily

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:05 AM

We have no green dragon NR, and have had poor luck with plate NR from AQ, so our 2 tanks use no NR at all, going full physical mitigation (8/8 Wrath or so). Healing the first 70% should be child's play anyway... a healer with decent +healing and downranking should get to Huhuran's 30% hp stage with at least 70% mana left over.
The amount of physical damage taken, especially with a missed/late tranq is so much greater than the poison dot, and more importantly, more bursty, that NR is a luxury and not a prerequisite for your MTs.

#8 Kaide

Kaide

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:09 AM

Our 2 MT's run about 250NR buffed and bounce aggro after 3 debuffs for the first 70%. We try to make sure there is a tank switch at 35% if possible and if not we'll just cast blessing of protection on him to ensure the tank who is there at enrage has minimal debuffs. With him hitting shield wall and last stand at enrage he can survive at least till about 7% where the 2nd tank takes over.
It's probably recommended that the MT's use epic NR gear or at least the crafted gear. What ever you do dont have them in maraudon greens. Treat them the same as the other sponges (warriors,rogues,hunters) in terms of NR requirement.

#9 Kegsta

Kegsta

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:49 AM

our tanks don't wear hardly any (arounds 100-140 buffed id say) we only found out the 'have 10 rogues and warriors stand inside her trick' a few weeks ago, we used to only wipe if the tank was slept and couldn't use shield wall. now its easy mode.
we also use the ping pong agro for the first 70%.

although 80% of our warriors are dwarfs (including every tank) which probably helps us a lot.

#10 Guest_Aloxy_*

Guest_Aloxy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:21 AM

Am I correct in reading this statement that you have your 15 soakers standing inside Huhu's model, and the tank at max melee range?

My guild does that aswell. No hunters, we use locks and iceblockmages for the last spots in the wall because hunters cant stand beneath her and shoot. We consistently oneshot her so I think its a viable tactic:] If someone in the wall dies the tanks start soaking so a bit more margin there aswell. The best thing for me as a tank is that i almost never get hit by wyvern sting, for some reason.

#11 Finngon

Finngon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:31 AM

Huh. We use 6 wars, 6 rogues and 4 hunters on the meatwall, with everyone in max NR gear except the 3 MT's who switch aggro around to minimize the poison stacks. All the rogues and wars have at least one dedicated healer, and the hunter group has one priest casting PoH. Works like a charm.
GM, Sisu, Ravencrest/EU
http://sisuguild.fi

#12 enshula

enshula

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:16 AM

This is one from today with tank getting dropped 14 seconds from the end if you really want to look through some stuff.

Parsed:
http://users.bigpond.../huhuranenrage/

Raw:
http://users.bigpond...la/huhuran2.txt

Edit: Linked wrong url for raw file.

#13 Fluster

Fluster

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

Correct.

Sometimes we use a hunter if we are light on Shaman, or if a few have died we will sometimes move a hunter in after 30%. Our damage is good enough to cope with missing a hunter's ranged dmg on occasion :)

#14 Pater

Pater

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

That parser doesn't seem to have a way to look at a detailed timeline - like "who died first." Or am I missing something?

#15 enshula

enshula

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:40 PM

You are right that the parser is not good for who died when yet. But i included the raw combat log for the same time so its easy to search for the word "dies".

I included all data from the first volley that was ~2 seconds from the next one until a few people who died after the kill for some embarassing reason. I think the actual last line is me trying to heal one of them .25 seconds after they died. :)

Im sure someone else can get a better Huhu kill for the OP that is what i had available though.

#16 Neige

Neige

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

Enshula, what type of gear is Turpin wearing in that fight? I when I clicked on the non-parsed link I got a file could not be found, so I couldn't see how much of the nature was resisted. Regardless, that is an awful lot of physical damage, and lets us know that we will need to cut down on the NR quite a bit, especially without any green dragon kills.

#17 Fluster

Fluster

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:00 PM

Honestly, if you don't have ORB's (like us mainly) but have well geared tanks, you are better off using proper tanking gear with as much shiny purple NR as a luxury. Nature damage isn't the issue for the tanks, certainly in our setup. As long as your tanks are good and can swap aggro on a whim, you should never have issues with any form of NR tbh.

#18 enshula

enshula

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:35 AM

312 NR

7890 HP or so

Really NR isnt a huge deal on the mt if your consciously using them only for the last 30%. Can also do the strat of having 15 people inside the body and the mt not getting hit by the volley to further reduce nature damage.

He took 24,234 nature damage.

58115.107913669064748201438848921 total nature damage
33881 resisted
35 seconds so
1660 dps raw
968 dps resisted
692 dps taken from nature

that should include 1 cleanse and some volleys as well in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users