Photo

Infraction for testament0221: Request denied.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bartolimu

bartolimu

palpably superior comprehension

• Moderators
  • 13,878 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

User: testament0221
Infraction: Request denied.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Okay. Based on your previous seven infractions and your apparent thickness here, I'm going to guess you aren't terribly quick on the uptake. So I'm going to do this slowly. Maybe this will penetrate your skull and make some impression on you.

First, let us consult the EJ Forum Rules as listed in Boethius's Rule Thread.

7. Do not beg for hand-holding. These are forums for discussion and analysis, not for answering any question that you might happen to dream up. Search and read before posting--do not post a question unless you are fairly confident that the answer isn't widely known or easily attainable.

That is the rule you broke on this particular occasion. Pay particular attention to the latter parts of that rule's explanation, especially the portion about what to do before posting. That's where you failed. Your misunderstanding lies in the nature of our forum: we are NOT a helpdesk. We are not here to tell you what to do. This forum exists to provide knowledgeable players a place to discuss and refine gameplay with an eye toward endgame performance. People who wish to come here and educate themselves are welcome, but if they cannot contribute substantively to our primary function they are not welcome.

Given that perspective, I hope you can understand our expectations, and why your post was worthy of an infraction. If not, keep reading.

The thread in which you posted was devoted to Blood DPS, and in fact describes itself as a Guide on the subject. One would think that a guide of this sort would provide some insight into rotations to use while performing DPS as a Blood DK. It should follow that persons posting in the Blood DPS Guide thread would fall into one of two categories:
1. Players who subscribe to the general theory of Blood DPS advocated in that Guide, are familiar with it, and actively practice it.
2. Players who disagree with the general theory of Blood DPS advocated in that Guide, are familiar with it, and are capable of providing evidence supportive of their position.

Your post fell into neither of these categories. It instead said, "This is the rotation I use, tell me what's best." While I agree with you that you chose the right place to look for an answer to your question, I disagree with your method of inquiry - as do the forum rules and the four people who reported your post to the moderation staff for review. The correct action would have been to read the first page or two of the thread to find some form of consensus, then perhaps the latest two or three pages to search for signs of the Type 2 users I mentioned above. You could also avail yourself of the Search function to gain further pertinent information.

At this point, you appear to have painted yourself into a bit of a corner. Due to your accumulation of infraction points, you will be banned for one month, during which time I hope you can find the information you seek with the proper application of effort. You are also a single point away from a permanent ban from these forums. Please reflect on your perception of these forums before attempting to post again, as it could well be your final post if you continue to misstep.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with this infraction. I was simply seeing what other DK's do. I even posted my own rotation. I simply wanted to compare and contrast. I'm sorry I didn't post my question with a giant spread sheet and overly complicated formulas. My post does not fall within the "hand holding" infraction, so I'm requesting my point deduction be removed. Thanks.

Dear testament0221,

You have received an infraction at Elitist Jerks.

Reason: 7. Do not beg for hand-holding.
-------
"I'm not asking for anyone to hold my hand and tell me what to do, I'm just asking for someone to hold my hand and tell me what to do."
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://elitistjerks....tml#post1477932

Okay, I'm wondering if anyone has found THE best way to use DRW? I know it varies from time to time, but I would like to have a solid rotation in my head that I can pull out and use when all else fails. I guess a scenario would be better: Let's say your about to pull a Patch like boss, just pure dps, you have enough RP to pop DRW, and BL will be used as soon as boss is pulled...what rotation would be best here?

My current rotation for a scenario like that is: DS>>Hysteria/DRW Macro>>IT>>PS>>HS>>HS>>DS>>ERW>>HSx4

Now, that rotation has worked alright, but I feel like I could be getting more out of it. I'm not asking anyone to "hold my hand" or anything, just seeing what other DK's would use in a similar scenario.

Thanks for any advice ahead of time.

All the best,
Elitist Jerks

♦

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users