Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:32 PM

Not modelled:

Cooldowns.
Rolling Ignites...

I once had a pop at modelling rolling ignites, and failed miserably. I wouldn't recommend trying ;D

Check the threads I linked in OP . . .

#22 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, I had a brain lapse and was thinking ~30 int = 1 crit instead of 59.5

Does this take into account race ( <3 Gnome)?

Also, I believe using a mana gem triggers GC. Does it factor that in? *

*Clarify: What I actually mean is that I usually use it when I'm on GC (so after NW proc, or Fireblast). That way the time associated with using the command does not impact DPS. So assuming .27sec lag it would need to calculate using a gem/pot as .27sec instead of 0. Does it do this?

Human only, for now, sorry.

Mana Gems don't take any time, although I have forgotten to take the 8sec off for Evocation, thanks for reminding me. Also need to do that to model Greater Dreamless Sleep.

#23 snape

snape

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

Race? It is to laugh. Just look at your character screen, and put your Int in. No modifications have to be made based on race.

#24 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

Race? It is to laugh. Just look at your character screen, and put your Int in. No modifications have to be made based on race.

Well, excapt that it takes in your total Int bonus from gear, rather than your actual Int from the character screen. Kind of annoying, but it was the easiest way to handle Kings.

#25 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

He could have included the 5% more spirit for humans, since he plays one. That bonus adds up.

Gnomes have the 5% more int, but I don' t believe it stacks with BoK.

Anyway, since you have to enter stats, race doesn't matter (assuming the spirit bonus is counted as a buff)

#26 snape

snape

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

Well, excapt that it takes in your total Int bonus from gear, rather than your actual Int from the character screen. Kind of annoying, but it was the easiest way to handle Kings.

Of course it takes your Int bonus from gear. Your raw int (with gear) +5%, is shown on your character screen. o.O

I don't get your statement.

I have, like, 180 spirit or something, and that is shown on the character screen, and includes the 5%.

#27 Maklar

Maklar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

Mana Gems don't take any time

Sure, in a lag free world they do not. However, if you are going to calculate lag into spellcasting you should look into using it for pots/gems as well. Much like Presence of Mind/Arcane Power/Combustion/ToEP/etc do not take any casting time, they are still affected by your ping/reaction time. Does it make a huge effect? No, but to be realistic it is something that should be considered. You would want to make sure you add the lag time onto Evocation as well of course.

#28 snape

snape

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

Mana Gems don't take any time

Sure, in a lag free world they do not. However, if you are going to calculate lag into spellcasting you should look into using it for pots/gems as well. Much like Presence of Mind/Arcane Power/Combustion/ToEP/etc do not take any casting time, they are still affected by your ping/reaction time. Does it make a huge effect? No, but to be realistic it is something that should be considered. You would want to make sure you add the lag time onto Evocation as well of course.

mmkay, so if you Evocate once and Mana Gem twice in a 6 minute fight, for me that 0.1 seconds (normal ping) x 3 = 0.3 seconds, so just add that onto the end and divide. Your result will be so close to the one listed that it's practically negligible.

#29 Maklar

Maklar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

Yes, I mentioned that fact but a simulation should be as close to reality as possible. Also, not everyone has 100 ms ping times. Due to connection/hardware issues it is not unreasonable for someone to have 1000 ms ping times.

Based off his spreadsheet it calculates you using Evocation once, Mana Gems twice, and Potions twice.

Based off the given data average DPS = 642 for a 300 second fight so that figures out to 192,600 damage.

Sure if your ping is 100 ms that is a minor change 192,600 / 300.5 = 641 or so. A drop of 1 DPS which is minor. But if your ping is 1000 ms you change to 192,600 / 305 = 631.5 or so. A 10.5 drop in DPS is not negligible in my opinion.

*Edit: Fixed case inconsistency in DPS/dps

#30 snape

snape

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

Yes, I mentioned that fact but a simulation should be as close to reality as possible. Also, not everyone has 100 ms ping times. Due to connection/hardware issues it is not unreasonable for someone to have 1000 ms ping times.

Based off his spreadsheet it calculates you using Evocation once, Mana Gems twice, and Potions twice.

Based off the given data average DPS = 642 for a 300 second fight so that figures out to 192,600 damage.

Sure if your ping is 100 ms that is a minor change 192,600 / 300.5 = 641 or so. A drop of 1 DPS which is minor. But if your ping is 1000 ms you change to 192,600 / 305 = 631.5 or so. A 10.5 drop in DPS is not negligible in my opinion.

*Edit: Fixed case inconsistency in DPS/dps

If you have 1k ping on even a semi-regular basis, something is wrong.

Not even our Australian guild members get over 500 ms on their worst days.

#31 Maklar

Maklar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

Sattelite connection gives around 900 - 1000 ms ping. Server issues can also cause ping to reach that in prime playing times for other broadband type users.

#32 xyruul

xyruul

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:37 PM

my additional casting time delay with an 89ms ping is .34s average.
Tested over 600+ spells.

I cringe every time my ruby timer coincides with my pi/trinket timer since it usually means I miss getting off the extra pom frostbolt if I attempt to use the ruby inside the 15s window.

I'd say it's slightly more then neglidgable.

#33 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:20 PM

Ok, I'm home now. Time for my own sanity check of the math:

Marginally, 1 Spi = 1/8 MPS. Since I'm always inside the 5SR, with my 2/3 Med, 1 Spi = 1/8*0.4 = 0.05 MPS. However, since I'm a Human with Kings, it's really 0.05 * 1.15 = 0.0575.
1 MP5 = 0.2 MPS.

So, 11 MP5 will equal 20 Spi on a fight of length T seconds, where 0.2*T*11 = (16 + 0.0575*T)*20 => T = 305 seconds.

Okay, close, but not quite. The difference is that I tried to account for the full Spi tick that sometimes sneaks in when you Clearcast a Fireball. Given that with some casting lag, each Clearcast can lead to over 1.5s out of the 5SR, it's noticable.

Anyway, being more exact:

On a 420 second fight with 1 Evocation, 10MP5 is as valuable to me as between 19 and 20 Spi.
On a 300 second fight with 1 Evocation, 10MP5 is as valuable to me as between 16 and 17 Spi.

Yup, nothing to re-enchant your bracers over, but unless someone points out a gaping hole, that's the equivalence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users