• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#1 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:14 AM

Here's a new thread for a new maintainer so I can edit the OP. Old thread is here.

Current version (updated 1/26)
(OpenOffice only)

This spreadsheet now theoretically includes all 3.3 items that have been discovered. Yay! I'm missing some socket bonuses because for some weird reason they're not listed on the major sites. This will be fixed eventually.

Known bugs:

* 2pc/4pc bonuses are not implemented.
* Some procs may be simulated inaccurately, especially new procs (many of which don't have known proc rates or ICDs), double-especially the +heal procs on new weapons because I have no good way of simulating them right now.
* Icecrown boss profiles are essentially pulled out of thin air and from the posts of people in this thread, many of which contradict each other. Awesome. If you've got reliable numbers for ICC bosses, please let me know so I can add them.
* Deep Wounds modeling does not properly take into account your rotation and modified crit values on abilities, thus underestimating the value of Deep Wounds and the player's threat in general.
* The spreadsheet does not reconcile Mitigation and Burst terribly well, relying on hardcoded values for how important they are. Similarly, Burst itself is kind of a hodgepodge of hacks to make it "burstier" (tripled crit chance, doubled hit chance, removed dodge and parry) and it's questionable how meaningful this number actually is.

If there are common questions I'll update this area with answers.

Thanks to Damgaard and Gaiko for a lot of data entry!

#2 Gaiko

Gaiko

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:27 AM

I'm missing some socket bonuses because for some weird reason they're not listed on the major sites. This will be fixed eventually.

Fortunately the missing data is on drops from bosses that have not been unlocked yet, so it should not affect anyone in any major way; look at it as more of a wishlist. Another thing that sent me searching was the absence of the normal mode version of the Bile-Encrusted Medallion (Rotface 25, Heroic) but again, as MMO-Champion has basically given us all the data it has at the moment, we will have to remain patient until those bosses are unlocked and their loot tables are fleshed out.

Excuses for my shortcomings aside, I have seen one minor typo; the Eyes of Zul. You have it in there as two u's. There are some prices on your list that are not accurate as well:

Hellscream's (Wrynn's) Pauldrons and Handguards of Conquest are 30 Emblems of Triumph, not 45.
Hellscream's (Wrynn's) Greathelm, Breastplate, and Legguards of Conquest are 50 Emblems, not 75.

The Triumph versions are all the correct price.

#3 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

Excuses for my shortcomings aside, I have seen one minor typo; the Eyes of Zul. You have it in there as two u's. There are some prices on your list that are not accurate as well:

Hellscream's (Wrynn's) Pauldrons and Handguards of Conquest are 30 Emblems of Triumph, not 45.
Hellscream's (Wrynn's) Greathelm, Breastplate, and Legguards of Conquest are 50 Emblems, not 75.

The Triumph versions are all the correct price.

Curious, I think they reduced the emblem prices in 3.3.

Got that fixed in my local version. I'm not going to make a push yet, I'll see if there's other issues. Thanks :)

#4 Trickswow

Trickswow

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

When opening the spreadsheet in Excel 2007 i get a error saying unreadable content do you want to recover content? I click yes then get the message it was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content. Is this effecting any functionality of the spreadsheet?

After a little investigating i now see its for open office. Will there be a excel version posted?

#5 Gromgoth

Gromgoth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

Probably not. There hasn't been an excel version for the last few months. Just download OpenOffice. Its free...

#6 Gromgoth

Gromgoth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

Is it possible to fix the race function? I have a working horde version and a working alliance version. But if i change race in both i get #N/A errors in equipment.

If its possible but needs some work, let me know how so i can try to fix it myself and repost it if it works.

#7 todemax

todemax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

If you change the race from an alliance race to a horde race, you have to change the equipment to the horde version as well. That is probably why you get those errors. The equipment cells on the Equip tab is just text, so it doesn't update from the if statements on the gearlist tab.

#8 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:06 AM

After a little investigating i now see its for open office. Will there be a excel version posted?

Unless someone else wants to maintain one, no - I'm not getting paid enough to fight with Excel ;) As mentioned, OO is free, use OO.

Is it possible to fix the race function? I have a working horde version and a working alliance version. But if i change race in both i get #N/A errors in equipment.

If its possible but needs some work, let me know how so i can try to fix it myself and repost it if it works.

Oops, forgot about this bug. Yeah, as mentioned, it's the multiple-names-for-items issue. I think I've got an idea on how to patch it up, I'll go take a shot at it right now.

#9 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

Oops, forgot about this bug. Yeah, as mentioned, it's the multiple-names-for-items issue. I think I've got an idea on how to patch it up, I'll go take a shot at it right now.

Another related bug I found, Draenei are listed as horde, thus are assigned to the horde only version of the armor set. May have been mentioned already though.

#10 Executation

Executation

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

At first look it seems like the special on this trinket is rated too high, and here's is what I found.

A boss is going to remove this extra "bubble" from you with a single strike because bosses usually hit for over 3200, or you will otherwise receive 3200 damage rather quickly. At best it can assist in recovering from spike damage. That being said, the current spreadsheet value is skewed because of the "uptime" formula for this trinket's proc. The current formula is:

"=1/6"

Because the "on-use" says it will be up for 20 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown. However, since the bubble will be removed on the bosses next attack, I thought it would give a better result to base the "uptime" formula on the bosses attack speed:

"='Talents+Setup'.K19/120"

#11 Hexadril

Hexadril

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

I still have to pretend I am a gnome to get this spreadsheet to work.

Any horde race and I get a bunch of N/A errors, and yes - after I reset all the gear to horde.

#12 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

At first look it seems like the special on this trinket is rated too high, and here's is what I found.

Whoops. I implemented it in terms of the Essence of Gossamer proc because that seemed closest. Looking at it again, yeah, that's not even remotely what it does.

Hard to figure out a sensible way to model it, though.

Anyway let's have a new version. Oughta fix the faction issues and add bonus threat to Devastate (missing for some reason).

#13 winkiller

winkiller

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

Hellscream's Legguards of Conquest show Red/Yellow gem slots in the 12_20 version, but it's Red/Blue in fact (didn't check if calculations are wrong as well). Oh, and thanks for the work.
Live fast. Die young. Spirit rez. Take revenge.

#14 spaace

spaace

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

Cataclysmic Chestguard (EoFx95) is currently missing.

As for the N/A Error when chosing horde, from alliance, reset the gear no a non-faction specific type (anything pre-toc) then change your class. It works fine for me.

#15 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

Dang that's a nice chest.

Both those issues will be fixed in the next version. Also, if anyone still gets N/A errors with the 12/20 version, let me know, because they should be fixed.

#16 cidninja

cidninja

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

I noticed that Neverending Winter and the heroic version have no block value listed. I added it in myself and it made a pretty big difference in their rankings.

Also these don't matter as much since they're outdated at this point, but I guess I'll mention it anyway. The stats for Indestructible Plate Girdle and Shadow of the Ghoul are wrong. Each of them jumped up a bit after being corrected, too.

#17 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

I noticed that Neverending Winter and the heroic version have no block value listed. I added it in myself and it made a pretty big difference in their rankings.

Also these don't matter as much since they're outdated at this point, but I guess I'll mention it anyway. The stats for Indestructible Plate Girdle and Shadow of the Ghoul are wrong. Each of them jumped up a bit after being corrected, too.

Fixed. Thanks!

#18 Backgoode

Backgoode

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

is listed as a ring.

Also, is missing the blue socket.

#19 hellgoat

hellgoat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

Juggernaut Band - Item - World of Warcraft and the heroic version both miss their socket.

#20 Executation

Executation

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

Zorba,

I'm trying to input accurate numbers into the boss profiles and I was able to discover how to do this correctly for the DPS column. I have been putting in a hit size based on what the result is in "Stats.C23" and matching it up to a my log data. I'm finding that Anub hits me for about 17000 on average in 10 man hard mode. So, by backtracking, I've entered a value of 33600 in cell "Talents+Setup.J17" and a value of 1.75 in cell "Talents+Setup.J19" (the second value is the bosses attack speed which I got from my combat log).

Entering those things gives me an output value of around 17000 in cell "Stats.C23" with all the appropriate raid buffs, consumables, gear equipped, etc. used at the time of the fight.

So now I'm trying to figure out a good way to model magic damage and I was wondering if you could help me with how the spreadsheet uses the boss profile in it's calculations. Obviously cell "Stats.K18" is the value that the spreadsheet user plays with. What sort of number should I be putting there? Should I add up all the magic damage that could possibly hit me at once? Or should I add up the magic damage taken over the length of the fight and divide it by the time giving me a dps number? Or should I take a short section of time where I see a large burst of magic damage, total it up and divide by the short section's time length in seconds?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users