• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#21 todemax

todemax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

As far as I recall, the burst calcs is based on how long you will survive without heals with rng against you, in steady state dps. So I believe it is averaged. On a typical boss, I myself would choose to use dps values from the highest dps phase of the encounter, and increase the value of the burst weighing to accommodate the 'burstyness' of the damage.

On a side note, it would be nice to include unavoidable damage, bleeds and maybe a combination of both to the boss profiles.

#22 Executation

Executation

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

Deleted.

#23 todemax

todemax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

I noticed something, in cell "Stats.C23" the boss damage is multiplied by the boss swing timer when it should be divided.

It's the boss dps timed the swing speed, which equals the damage per hit.

#24 Executation

Executation

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

After reviewing my combat logs this is the info that I entered into my sheet. Marrowgar has crazy high dps, it being the tank and healer check.

Enemy Profiles
DPS
Spd
MagicDPS

Anub'Arak 10 (H)

Marrowgar 10

Deathwhisper 10

Saurfang 10

#25 Reeshet

Reeshet

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

Juggernaut Band - Item - World of Warcraft and the heroic version both miss their socket.

and the stam and dodge values are incorrect.

Also, Sentinel's Winter cloak has 124 stamina.

#26 janaka

janaka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

Here are the numbers I found for ICC25 so far (only physical damage):

Marrowgar	Deathwhisper	Muradin		Saurfang	Festergut	Rotface

Base Speed	1,2		1,5		0,75		1,0		1,5		1,5

Raw Melee	57500		55000		60000		42500		75000		70000

#27 todemax

todemax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:19 PM

Found a minor bug. Stoneskin tot should be 1150 armor with +10/20% talented.

#28 Feitur

Feitur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:13 AM

"Rowan's Rifle of Silver Bullets" is missing

#29 hellgoat

hellgoat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

"Rowan's Rifle of Silver Bullets" is missing

No it's not.

#30 Krc

Krc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:47 AM

Edit: Did not see the bonus armor added.

#31 Visinvictus

Visinvictus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

I was playing with this spread sheet to test avoidance setups, and to make a long story short it breaks the spread sheet when you reach 0% unblocked hits.

#32 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

Every bug reported above should now be fixed, especially the 100%-avoidance bug. Thanks for the reports, everyone!

I also tracked down and fixed a few small issues with threat calculations, so it should now be more accurate in general.

New version here

Zorba,

I'm trying to input accurate numbers into the boss profiles and I was able to discover how to do this correctly for the DPS column. I have been putting in a hit size based on what the result is in "Stats.C23" and matching it up to a my log data. I'm finding that Anub hits me for about 17000 on average in 10 man hard mode. So, by backtracking, I've entered a value of 33600 in cell "Talents+Setup.J17" and a value of 1.75 in cell "Talents+Setup.J19" (the second value is the bosses attack speed which I got from my combat log).

Entering those things gives me an output value of around 17000 in cell "Stats.C23" with all the appropriate raid buffs, consumables, gear equipped, etc. used at the time of the fight.

So now I'm trying to figure out a good way to model magic damage and I was wondering if you could help me with how the spreadsheet uses the boss profile in it's calculations. Obviously cell "Stats.K18" is the value that the spreadsheet user plays with. What sort of number should I be putting there? Should I add up all the magic damage that could possibly hit me at once? Or should I add up the magic damage taken over the length of the fight and divide it by the time giving me a dps number? Or should I take a short section of time where I see a large burst of magic damage, total it up and divide by the short section's time length in seconds?

As far as I recall, the burst calcs is based on how long you will survive without heals with rng against you, in steady state dps. So I believe it is averaged. On a typical boss, I myself would choose to use dps values from the highest dps phase of the encounter, and increase the value of the burst weighing to accommodate the 'burstyness' of the damage.

On a side note, it would be nice to include unavoidable damage, bleeds and maybe a combination of both to the boss profiles.

This is pretty much accurate, and to be honest I've been kind of debating with myself on what I want to do with the spreadsheet. The fact is that the spreadsheet is kind of hanging together with duct tape as is, and things that I'd like to do are largely impossible in the spreadsheet format. The alternative would be going to Rawr and dumping the spreadsheet. I'm not entirely happy about that idea, but there's an upper limit on how useful I can make the spreadsheet as a spreadsheet, and I'm kind of butting up against it right now.

Real programming languages are just much nicer, it turns out.

Personally I would generally recommend including numbers from the most stressful part of the encounter, since that's the "important" part. I'm not real sure how to calculate that, and I'm not entirely happy with how the spreadsheet tries to reconcile mitigation and burst, but that's the best I can offer right now.

#33 illusive_2008

illusive_2008

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for the update, new sheet currently list my Stamina stat weight as zero. Also missing the normal version of Bile-Encrusted Medallion, as well as on the Equip sheet The Black Heart breaks the buffed AC total.

#34 Krc

Krc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:42 AM

T10 gloves and chest both got bonus armor added Tier-10 Tank Armor Changes, Ashen Verdict, Blue posts.

#35 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:35 AM

Whoops, left some of the boss overrides on. Fixed, and updated the T10 tank armor.

bam

#36 Krc

Krc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

I have a few suggestions Zorba that could maybe make the spread sheet more precise. I could grab some numbers for worse case scenarios and maybe me and a few others could look at what percentage of the boss is magic so you could incorporate N-EH Maintankadin • View topic - "Total" EH - incorporating different damage types into EH for your stamina to armor ratios. I have noticed on full burst your stamina to armor ratios are slightly off, it has armor at 1.6 and stamina at 21 while for EH purposes armor should be around 1.9-2.

#37 ZorbaTHut

ZorbaTHut

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:25 AM

I have a few suggestions Zorba that could maybe make the spread sheet more precise. I could grab some numbers for worse case scenarios and maybe me and a few others could look at what percentage of the boss is magic so you could incorporate N-EH Maintankadin • View topic - "Total" EH - incorporating different damage types into EH for your stamina to armor ratios. I have noticed on full burst your stamina to armor ratios are slightly off, it has armor at 1.6 and stamina at 21 while for EH purposes armor should be around 1.9-2.

I'm curious - where are you getting that number from?

Damage-wise, the only thing it doesn't take into account already is bleed damage and magic school resistance. It already handles magic and physical damage properly, otherwise it wouldn't be able to calculate armor improvements in any sane fashion.

I mean I suppose it might be buggy but to the best of my knowledge it isn't.

#38 todemax

todemax

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Personally I would generally recommend including numbers from the most stressful part of the encounter, since that's the "important" part. I'm not real sure how to calculate that, and I'm not entirely happy with how the spreadsheet tries to reconcile mitigation and burst, but that's the best I can offer right now.

I had an idea a while back on how one could model gearing against burst in a spreadsheet. I don't know if it's feasible at all though, as I don't really have had the time to browse logs.

If we disregard armour and avoidance and look at the base boss mechanics so to speak. Then, moving along the time line, every second (or swing timer) or so we can look back and ask ourselves "With a full health bar, how long would we have survived". So basically we break down our log to a lot of localized time-to-live values. Introducing mitigation and avoidance, plotting these as time-to-live values versus multiples of these ttl values, we should get something Gaussian. And from this we can choose our burst scenario as the 5% lowest time-to-live. This should be affected by not only stamina and armour, but by avoidance and block, so the model gets less restricted.

I can imagine a few methods of approaching this, but I don't really know if it's possible. I could create a concept boss fight if there's interest for this type of modelling.

#39 Krc

Krc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

Ah, did not see that but maybe with a few logs pulled you can find out things like Festergut and change his damage so it is only on stack 2 since on stack 3 you are popping all of your cooldowns and stack 2 is where tanks get killed the most often.

#40 Krc

Krc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:25 AM

I would suggest adding the Wrathful Gladiator shield Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall as it is a viable option with the massive amounts of EH on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users