Photo

How do you guys deal with warrior/rogue T3 loots?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 hubar

hubar

Banned

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:28 PM

Let's just say that our BWL warrior loot is extremely poor. During the probably 8 months of farming the instance, we have only geared up 2 full T2 warriors. So naturally in order for us to progress end game wise, we need to gear up a couple of selected tanks first.

So our guild rule is to gear up 3 protection build tanks first, then the rest of the T3 loots is open bid.

But then the 4hm issue came up recently during a conversation, and I wonder how the elite guilds deal with the warrior/rogue T3 loots? Do you guys set aside a certain amount of T3 loots for warriors to get first then the rest is open bid? (To ensure that your tanks are geared well enough to take on new challenges)

(Loyalty of our warriors is not a problem. Most of us have been with the guild since the luci days)

Thanks and I am all ears. :)

#2 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:31 PM

It is generally widely accepted to override dkp/other loot determining issues to give priority on T3 to tanks, especially in your case where it seems you are quite lacking on Wrath.

Tanking warriors don't get many upgrades in AQ 40, but your rogues will. They can use deathdealer to hold them over a bit till T3 becomes more readily available.

#3 Crazypie

Crazypie

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking. Due to crappy wrath availability, it should be higher priority to gear your tanks and healers rather than your dps. Deathdealer => Bonescyth is a lot less useful then Might/Wrath => Dreadnaught. Even tho my comparison is biased becuz deathdealer is quite a bit harder to get then might/wrath, you still get the point i'm trying to make. And in general, rogues don't exactly need set drops to do well. Mix and match pieces like gloves of enforcement, ghoul skin, boots of shadow flame, etc. will hold them over quite well until your tanks are geared. I realize there are independent pieces of tanking gear as well such as pauldrons of the unrelenting, but I think they're a bit more rare then dps pieces.

Raiding music that gets things done.
The best Theorycraft and Mathcraft happens after a raid and before the sun comes up.

#4 Bubba

Bubba

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

Most guilds I know immediately reserved DN for between 2-4 warriors when Naxx came out, as it just made complete sense - nothing will have as big an impact on your progress through the zone as your MT's getting geared up first and foremost. If you start on that basis, by the time you actually get to 4H you should be farming a considerable enough amount of set pieces each week to get 4-6 other warriors packed into 4pc fairly quickly.

For us we reserve DN for our two MT's for every slot, after which its normal priority. That said, given that we had early warning about the 4pc requirements (which the trailblazers ofc did not), the rogues have passed on many of the smaller DN pieces (bracers/belt) and focused more on getting their gloves/boots. That way, by the time we get to 4H most of the warriors will only need 1-2 pieces tops.

#5 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

get your warriors broken reels from ZG and then distribute tier 3 however you see fit :-P we stacked at least 4 pieces on tanks once we had info on the 4h encounter, which caused some discontent among rogues, but overall proved to be worth it.

#6 Eillenia

Eillenia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:43 PM

Our warriors and rogues have an agreement to alternate back and forth on a piece per piece basis:
bracers: warrior - rogue - warrior - rogue - etc.
boots: warrior - rogue - etc.
etc.
etc.

Keeps the rogues getting upgrades as well as the tanks, and so far it's worked out well.

#7 Abaxial

Abaxial

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

Ghoul skin tunic? That there be feral loot.

But for us, it was that for about a month i think, we only defaulted specific pieces to warriors and now we have reached 4H and have 5 warriors in at least 4 pieces, 1 has 3, and 3 have 2 pieces. And now that we're actually on 4H and still "needing" more warriors with 4 pieces, the rest will be defaulted until they have 4. After that it's open to everyone. With the amount of armor you get per clear once you're at the 4H (assuming everything else is killable), the rogues will gear up pretty quickly.
Posted Image

#8 Avair

Avair

The Howard Roark of Shipwrights

• Members
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

We are letting the first 2-3 pieces of each go to the tanks, after that it's DKP.

And ghoul skin tunic? Good god, why would your rogues want that?

#9 Seeten

Seeten

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

We have a "Loot Rotation" system, overseen by a loot council, and the rogues arent eligible for tier 3 rotations until our 4 mt's have their tier 3. At this point, only bracers have opened to rogues, but Gloves and Belt should be open this week also, and boots should be opening soon, if they ever drop anything but mage boots. =)

Our rotations are fairly unique, no DKP whatsoever, one for "Best item of its type" and one for "Sidegrades/minor upgrades" and as soon as someone becomes a main raider, they are added to the rotation, so they dont wait 6 months to loot after everyone with 4320 DKP thats in front of them.

In return for the rogues not getting BS, we give them all the DD drops. Most are now in 3, or 4 pieces of DD.

#10 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

We geared out four tanks with 4/9, then opened up loot to rogues as well. In retrospect, we should have geared out 8 tanks with 4/9 first.

4/9 Bonescythe is a big DPS upgrade for your rogues, but realistically mage DPS outperforms them on most fights that matter anyways. It sucks for rogues, but hey, those are the realities of the situation.

#11 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:04 PM

And in general, rogues don't exactly need set drops to do well. Mix and match pieces like gloves of enforcement, ghoul skin, boots of shadow flame, etc.

Ghoul skin is for Ferals, Enh Shaman, or squishie dps Warriors. Hell, Nightslayer chest is better than Ghoul for a Rogue.

But I agree, you need warriors in 4/9 DN before Rogues if you care about progression.

#12 Bibdy

Bibdy

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

We've been giving DD to the Rogues similarly to what everyone else is doing. Its obviously not as good as BS, but its a fair compromise if you actually give two shits about your future progression.

You have absolutely no idea how many Warrior/Rogue pieces you'll get from your start in Naxx until you reach the 4H. You would be stupid not to take advantage of the advanced warning a lot of us have had of the 4-pc DN 'requirement' so you might as well start giving DN to the Warriors early.
There's always free cheese in the mouse traps, but the mice there ain't happy.

#13 TL-Seria

TL-Seria

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:14 PM

hubar how far are you actually in Naxx?

#14 hiro

hiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:55 PM

We run DKP and our rogues all actually agreed to let 2 prot warriors grab T3 peices first for a reasonable flat price in exchange for those warriors passing on T2.5. After those two it's open to all and this makes each slot quickly open.

We started Naxx sort of slow, but I'm pretty sure boots, wrist and belt are already open, and we just downed Maex for the first time last night.

#15 Natural

Natural

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:59 PM

I wouldn't worry about the 4 horsemen unless you plan to reach them in less than 2 months (expansion).

Other than that... Our guild geared up 1 MT + 3 solid OTs with dreadnaught. We're passing most of the rest to rogues now. We're on pace to hit 4H in 4-6 weeks if things go well, so we're not quite certain if we want to gear up another 4-piece-dreadnaught tank or two.

Edit: Our guild is loot council with attendence/loot tracked to aid decisions, so we didn't have to "break any rules" to accomplish this.

#16 Tiiki

Tiiki

Rogue About Town

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:01 PM

Our problem is that we have completely free looting on T2.5 (via DKP). Currently the rogues have one T2.5 piece between all of them, where the Hunters have 4 and the Warriors 2 or 3.

These same warriors are then going to have priority on DN. Which I completely understand, but it's disheartening to know I'm not likely to see much T2.5 or T3 before the expansion.

We're a guild who has just downed Emps (last week) and are about to start Naxx, and I'm in something like 4/8 T2 and a mix of MC and ZG loot (and an AQR ;)). It's frustrating that my main realistic goal still has to be 8/8 T2, despite the fact we're starting on Naxx.

I guess the DKP evens it all out in the end though, as the rogues must build up a fair bit whilst T3 is on Warrior prio.

#17 Crazypie

Crazypie

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:02 PM

Sweet. This means they can give me the ghoul skin and the rogues can keep their bloodfang. Everybody is happy no? :D

Raiding music that gets things done.
The best Theorycraft and Mathcraft happens after a raid and before the sun comes up.

#18 Zarianis

Zarianis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

We have a "Loot Rotation" system, overseen by a loot council, and the rogues arent eligible for tier 3 rotations until our 4 mt's have their tier 3. At this point, only bracers have opened to rogues, but Gloves and Belt should be open this week also, and boots should be opening soon, if they ever drop anything but mage boots. =)

Mage boots huh? So you give priority with the cloth pieces to mages? That in itself is dumb. Warlocks benefit the most from their 2 piece bonus.

#19 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

I don't recall us doing any any special progression for this. Initially we talked about doing it and making Deathdealer progression for rogues if they didn't have it, but other factors caused that idea to never happen. We reached 4H last night and I'm pretty sure we have at least a few 4/9 Warriors just via normal means.

On a sidenote, I can't believe we worked on Loatheb before Gothik. Gothik is on par with Razuvious difficulty.

Mage boots huh? So you give priority with the cloth pieces to mages? That in itself is dumb. Warlocks benefit the most from their 2 piece bonus.

Overreact much?

#20 Bibdy

Bibdy

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:18 PM

On a sidenote, I can't believe we worked on Loatheb before Gothik. Gothik is on par with Razuvious difficulty.

Incoming derail.

We just killed Patchwerk, Grobbulus (duh!) and Heigan the last 2 days and we're trying to decide where to go now. Would you suggest Gluth or Gothik as the next loot pinata?
There's always free cheese in the mouse traps, but the mice there ain't happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users