Photo

How do you guys deal with warrior/rogue T3 loots?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 Torael_7

Torael_7

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

Our three main tanks get priority on T3, then the rogues get a go at it on roughly the same basis as the secondary tanks. DPS warriors got co-priority with the rogues, more or less, on T2.5 in AQ40, so T3 is hands off for them until afterwards.

I think...

#42 Abaxial

Abaxial

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:34 PM

The only fights I can think of where Fire mages vastly rape our rogues are Thaddius and Loatheb. Those encounters also are incredibly stacked towards Fire mage victory however.

that be the same for us for the most part. Loatheb last night was something like mage, mage, rogue rogue, warrior, rogue mage etc
Posted Image

#43 Dakous

Dakous

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

Let's just say that our BWL warrior loot is extremely poor. During the probably 8 months of farming the instance, we have only geared up 2 full T2 warriors. So naturally in order for us to progress end game wise, we need to gear up a couple of selected tanks first.

Not to derail too much, but... what loot system are you using where (presumably) rogues have been seeing fat days in BWL/AQ40 and warriors are running around in T1 gear and the warriors won't be destroying rogues for T3 purchases until equilibrium is established?

Or are you extending this to "warriors get complete sets, period"?

Not that I have anything meaningful to contribute, simply curious about the scale and details of your question.
Everybody is your brother until the rent comes due.

#44 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

If you're going to give priority to an class on cloth drops I'd quite obviously go priest; at least warlocks and mages get doomcaller and enigma :p

#45 Ghostz

Ghostz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

Four warriors in 4/9 dreadnaught is when I'd stop defaulting pieces to warriors, beyond that its pretty much overkill even for four horsemen (I guess this depends on the strat you use) and it will make your life easier in many other fights as well. I think after that point your raid will gain more from rogues in BS than more tanks in DN.

#46 LadyVex

LadyVex

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:42 PM

Let's just say that our BWL warrior loot is extremely poor. During the probably 8 months of farming the instance, we have only geared up 2 full T2 warriors. So naturally in order for us to progress end game wise, we need to gear up a couple of selected tanks first.

Not to derail too much, but... what loot system are you using where (presumably) rogues have been seeing fat days in BWL/AQ40 and warriors are running around in T1 gear and the warriors won't be destroying rogues for T3 purchases until equilibrium is established?

Or are you extending this to "warriors get complete sets, period"?

Not that I have anything meaningful to contribute, simply curious about the scale and details of your question.

That's a good question now that I think about it.

If Wrath drops are bad how are rogues getting the pieces? Do your warriors buy alot of off-spec gear or something? Or are bloodfang drops really bad?

Although deathdealer are guaranteed drops so i'd imagine they have to be getting some?

#47 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

did gioa realy get 2.5k for the account? ;c

$3,200 for Rogue/Warrior alt, $800 for gold
What is the most important thing to you? Won't you grant me the pleasure of taking it away.

#48 subscience

subscience

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

:blink:

Jesus christ. How much did Jedi accounts go for when they were first being sold?

Jesus.

#49 Crazypie

Crazypie

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:00 PM

h o l y b e j e e s u s

i didn't think any acct still went for that much anymore. I guess i was wrong. hell, a warrior account on my server with both legendaries, full wrath, exhalted ab/av, 1000's of gold only went for like 1000$.

Raiding music that gets things done.
The best Theorycraft and Mathcraft happens after a raid and before the sun comes up.

#50 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

h o l y b e j e e s u s

i didn't think any acct still went for that much anymore. I guess i was wrong. hell, a warrior account on my server with both legendaries, full wrath, exhalted ab/av, 1000's of gold only went for like 1000$.

Tier 3 is in demand heh.

The guy who bought the account sold a rank 14 Orc Warrior in 4/9 DN or something like that.
What is the most important thing to you? Won't you grant me the pleasure of taking it away.

#51 Mist

Mist

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

Where are people buying/selling accounts of this value these days? Markeedragon?

#52 Psi

Psi

Glass Joe

• Allied Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

Our three main tanks get priority on T3, then the rogues get a go at it on roughly the same basis as the secondary tanks. DPS warriors got co-priority with the rogues, more or less, on T2.5 in AQ40, so T3 is hands off for them until afterwards.

I think...

Pretty much dead on, I hear they wanna give another war 4/9 before rogues get thrown back in the loop.
But with our current setup you guys will get bracers soon! :)

#53 Bibdy

Bibdy

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

Shows how much loyalty those guys had to the guild, huh?
There's always free cheese in the mouse traps, but the mice there ain't happy.

#54 probiscus

probiscus

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

People have more money than brains I guess.

Also, we can probably thank server transfers for the explosion in prices.

#55 Kalman

Kalman

Super Macho Man

• Members
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:58 PM

I don't think we had any official priority, rogues were just smart enough to let the first few of a given piece go to the tanks.
Melador> Incidentally, these last few pages are why people hate lawyers.
Viator> I really don't want to go all Kalman here.
Bury> Just imagine what the world would be like if you used your powers for good.

#56 cladnin

cladnin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:02 PM

I keep reading about 4/9dn being nice, but overrated. We had no super special priority, I will say though, I'm glad our rogues have some gear too. Loatheb with 4/9bs is <3. Last week we had one of our 4/9+ rogues keylogged and we wiped to Loatheb at 1% (he was in Bloodfang :(). A good mixture of both certainly helps, MT gear seems most important; Broken Reels are a makeshift save for 4h that doesn't cost a giant wad of your armors. Obviously not a replacement to the set bonus (and works well along side).

#57 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:04 PM

we give them to apps!

well, bracers at least. we've gotten so many rogue/warrior bracers that we gave the pair that dropped last night to a warrior app since everyone had them already. i have two of the tier 3 hybrid shoulder pieces in my bank, too. maybe i'll craft them for different enchants! :(

#58 Kalman

Kalman

Super Macho Man

• Members
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:05 PM

Elendril: I'm still an app, and I'm wearing Bonescythe shoulders now. 10 of them have dropped, total.

Now, boots...
Melador> Incidentally, these last few pages are why people hate lawyers.
Viator> I really don't want to go all Kalman here.
Bury> Just imagine what the world would be like if you used your powers for good.

#59 snurre

snurre

Banned

• Banned
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:11 PM

We've gotten so few drops, only one of our warrs have two pieces. :(

#60 Bekah

Bekah

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:13 PM

No specific priority, but the warriors generally had higher dkp to start and the rogues understand 4hm and generally havn't fought for pieces. We've got one rogue in 2/9 I think and the rest has gone to warriors. 1 at 5/9, 1 at 4/9, 1 at 3/9, and I think 1 or 2 pieces on 2 others. By the reverse- most rogues are getting decked out in 2.5 while only one or two warriors are nibbling on that (mostly the dps warriors).

As for the caster pieces, our system is favoring the priests for them pretty heavily since most priests havn't seen more than one or two upgrades since BWL and the caster dps is pretty much all decked in 3 to 5 pieces of 2.5. The caster dps has been spending thier points pretty heavily over the last few months, while most healers have just been chilling out ho-hum and taking what upgrades there are (and there aren't many that ahve dropped- although most of us have fankriss robes lol) for super cheap in AQ40. Same deal with the druids/paladins and hunters. It's pretty much a healer feast after famine. ^.^

We have no restrictions or priorities assigned. We don't, however, protect our players from absolute ridicule by thier guild mates for poor loot decisions- or tolerate truely stupid looting (aaaah yes. The druid who wanted a Perdition's and thought that "Black Ash Robe" was a cloak.... he didn't last long.). It's nice to not have to police loot decisions- as a general rule our players do it for us. Peer pressure is wonderful.
Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news.
Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men.
Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users