Photo

How do you guys deal with warrior/rogue T3 loots?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Mist

Mist

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:18 AM

If we didn't give our rogues tier 3, we probably wouldn't have killed Thaddius, since we've gotten him dead EXACTLY on the 5 minute mark all three times, using everything we've got short of flasks on the mages. And if we flasked the mages they'd be pulling aggro and dying most likely.

#82 Hand

Hand

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:10 AM

Your MT in Naxx is wearing Might? That's painful...

4k+ crits are not fun

If we didn't give our rogues tier 3, we probably wouldn't have killed Thaddius, since we've gotten him dead EXACTLY on the 5 minute mark all three times, using everything we've got short of flasks on the mages. And if we flasked the mages they'd be pulling aggro and dying most likely.

I think you're missing my point -- I don't think you should prevent any rogues from bidding entirely, everyone needs gear, dps is important too. However, if you look at BWL, rogues get bloodfang, and tanks get wrath. Then AQ40 rolls around, rogues get deathdealers, and tanks get nothing. The conquerers chest is a pretty clear upgrade for most, and some people prefer the helm, but for the most part people are still wearing a lot of wrath. The rogues have other pieces other than bonescythe where they can upgrade their gear, there's even some gear in AQ40 thats straight up better than bonescythe. It would be more beneficial to the guild, coming from a progression standpoint, to let your warriors pick up the gear, espcially if you plan on killing 4h. Now I have no personal experience with 4h, but AFAIK its not realistically doable without at least 6 warriors in 4/9 dreadnaught, preferably 8. So until you get that squared away, you're going to be stuck. It's the fact that its necessary for the warriors, and not necessary for the rogues.

#83 Andrise

Andrise

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:26 AM

Your MT in Naxx is wearing Might? That's painful...

4k+ crits are not fun

I think you're missing my point -- I don't think you should prevent any rogues from bidding entirely, everyone needs gear, dps is important too. However, if you look at BWL, rogues get bloodfang, and tanks get wrath. Then AQ40 rolls around, rogues get deathdealers, and tanks get nothing. The conquerers chest is a pretty clear upgrade for most, and some people prefer the helm, but for the most part people are still wearing a lot of wrath. The rogues have other pieces other than bonescythe where they can upgrade their gear, there's even some gear in AQ40 thats straight up better than bonescythe. It would be more beneficial to the guild, coming from a progression standpoint, to let your warriors pick up the gear, espcially if you plan on killing 4h. Now I have no personal experience with 4h, but AFAIK its not realistically doable without at least 6 warriors in 4/9 dreadnaught, preferably 8. So until you get that squared away, you're going to be stuck. It's the fact that its necessary for the warriors, and not necessary for the rogues.

4H is "doable" with zero tanks in 4/9 Dreadnaught. But the more tanks in Dreadnaught you have, the less bad luck you're succeptable to. Even on farm, 3 taunt resists in a row (or 4 or 5!!) is tough to deal with. It may be doable sometimes (CS/Mocking Blow being up + the taunt after not getting a resist), but it really throws a wrench into the cogs.

#84 Mist

Mist

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

In most good guilds on most mature servers, most of the rogues already had most of their deathdealer before Naxx was ever released. I can see your points now that the four horsemen are 2 bosses away for us, but not having given the rogues tier 3 prior to this point would have seriously hindered our guild's progress. Tank death has never been a problem assuming our healers were using the correct healing strat for the encounter, and gearing up only the MT a lot and one OT a little worked well for us. Maybe our mages are just underperforming, but the weight of DPS has fallen heavily on the rogues' shoulders, and we just wouldn't have been able to take up that slack without the major gear upgrades that tier 3 affords.

#85 Angerz

Angerz

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

Coming from a guild that gives 65% of its warrior/rogue drops to rogues, I can tell you it sucks. Not only for 4h (which I don't see my guild doing any time soon because of this reason) but for anything in naxx, geared tanks will make your life a hell of a lot easier. I can't even count the number of times we wiped on thaddius phase1 due to tanks getting gibbed, or even the MT dying in phase 2 just because hes in 7/8 wrath and 1 piece of might.

Give the pieces to warriors.

You didnt give the other 35% to your main tank?

We basicly now have the rule of our two main tanks get first dibs on the first drop of everything. After that, its DKP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users