• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Morrigdu

Morrigdu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:39 PM

Queues on Burning Blade Alliance side went from 5-7 min AB/WSG to 25-27 min and AV went from 15 min to 47+min with the release of 1.12. I gnashed my teeth about it for a couple of weeks and then decided to save my breath (and keystrokes) and just quit the grind. It's certainly not worth it in terms of loot quality/time esp when you see some screenies of lvl 60 socketable greens that are leagues better than the blue PvP rewards.

Yeah, Hyjal's went from something like 45-50 for WSG to 1-1.5 hours on average. From bad to just outright terrible.

#62 McInaction

McInaction

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

I think I've ran into one group since the x-relm bg's opened. Other then that I'm fighting people who are nowhere near my gear level and it's not enjoyable at all.. to the point where I slacked off so much I lost stone guard and thus my cheap penny pincher combat pots =(

If you need a shot macro to hold your hand then you are probably on the wrong forums.

#63 TL-Seria

TL-Seria

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

I'm very disappointed in the actual PVP. We're running a full premade for WSG and AB with 50/50 mains - BWL twinks.

instant queues are nice. fighting new people would be nice.

Horde premades leaving before gates open because they might win but it would take too long and they need honor fucking sucks.
PUGs waiting at Defiler's den for us to do a quick 5:0 so they can get a game they might actually have a chance at losing just 2:3 sucks as well.
Horde premades just riding in a pack of 15, not flagging anything and just trying to get as much HK honor as possible while we win 5:0 isn't fun either.

out of 30 games I can make on an off-raid day, 1-2 are actually against a premade fighting back. Blizzard completly failed on this.

#64 Vaged

Vaged

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

So, there's been a good bit of time since these opened. For us on Horde/Tichondrius, the queues are still instant during reasonable playing times (at least, any time I've tried to get in a BG).

I'm still loving it and thinking 1.12 is the best patch ever for WoW; anyone else have thoughts about it after the shininess has worn off?

Vhal of combine ressurection?

#65 Cagalli

Cagalli

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

However, TAO and Notorious do remain undefeated in both BG9 as well as in arranged matches on Test. Noto played Nurfed on test and won 3-0, 3-1 last week. Both TAO and Nurfed are superb teams, but their strategies and general approach to WSG are remarkably different.

Funny story, aside from TAO the only team ever to cap on Notorious's team was Nurfed.

Notorious must have made quite an impression on them Nurfed guys since they just transferred in to BG9 via Blackrock. Any chance of a fraps between you guys and also TAO when you meet up for the wsg league match? First Vicious Cycle and now Nurfed, I wonder what guild will make the jump to bg9 next.

#66 monkorn

monkorn

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

While it might have been a boon to your server in regards to queue times it hurt Mannoroth Alliance queues. More importantly since I pug most of the time I can rarely get into an AB that doesn't start at a 15v10 Horde advantage whereas people were pretty good at joining games before x-server bgs. It really has been frustrating starting down people and seeing more alliance in the most terrible gear imaginable. I like the fact that I never miss a queue because the wait times are always accurate but being in the game with the low quality of play I could do without.

As a HWL who has no need for honor, but preferred to pug AB for the 1v1's and 1v2's to take a flag(lol PvP video style but not actually frapsing) this killed AB for me. Now I might get a decent fight at the start of the match, and other than that alliance moves into "Atleast we have stables/mine" mode and everyone basically afks until the end of the match.

That combined with when I do actually group up and we end up 5-0'ing/flawless 3-0 WSG every single game even against premades makes for a very pitiful BG system. Playing against macabre for so long really has made us to good.

#67 Vhal

Vhal

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

Vhal of combine ressurection?

Nope. Don't even know who the fellow is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users