• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:06 PM

I used Nurfed Combatlog until playing with SimpleCombatLog, I prefer the control you have outside of the watches NCL had. I generally keep 3 windows of combat data: Target of Target effects/hits (ie: shows just the MT), a log for my personal damage received/taken and then a global raid window that shows everything.

#22 chibihost

chibihost

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:27 PM

Is there some documention for Transcriptor?
Couldn't find it on curse/wowinterface/ui.worldofwar.
And Google showed only "use transcriptor!" sort of messages. :/

Here is the wowace page for it
http://www.wowace.co...hp?topic=1631.0

Basicly, hit the red button on your minimap when you start your event, and it records simmilar to the combat log(althoug saved in the savedvariables file), all broken down by what event fired it.

#23 Kinv

Kinv

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:02 AM

Is there any way w/out a UI Mod to increase how much info your combat log has (how far u can scroll up) w/out a UI mod?

#24 Oaklin

Oaklin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:41 AM

I can only provide non-empirical evidence, however from a personal perspective I see no difference in performance from increasing combat log range. If you try it and it does not suit you you can always reset it!

I tried it this weekend, and so far it has caused no problems in AQ40 (up to TE) and Naxx (Raz/Anub/Faerlina). I'll find out if it goes nuts on Razor/BL next week.

I also made the switch from DamageMeters to SwStats 2 Beta 3 (beta 4 now out but zip file seems corrupted) and found it much more powerful and informative. The new Timeline analysis feature is especially useful, allowing me to separate trash/boss data with 1 click for later analysis. It also has much more detail than DamageMeters, listing player abilities used, damage types sustained, targets healed etc.

Its still lacking a few things that would help with analysis though. It doesnt record every ability : the ones I noticed were power word shields and totem usage. It also doesnt say which players hit which mobs.

#25 haruhi

haruhi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:10 AM

a bit off topic, got a quick question about damage meter/recap. My recap/damage meter no longer take friendly target special ability into account. I am wondering if anyone have the same problem before.

#26 Oaklin

Oaklin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:15 AM

At the top right corner of the Main Window, there is a button 'S'. Click that and a dialog will open up allowing you to choose what type of information you wish to see. One of the choices is 'Skills Used' (can't remember exact syntax). You will also need to type in the name of the player who's skill choices you wish to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users