• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#61 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

And I made a good case in the other thread for dropping Living Spirit.

#62 Kirbie44

Kirbie44

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

Note that 14/0/57 (which isn't even in the OP) is very likely to have 2/2 ET and 2/3 LS. Similarly, a 18/05/53 doesn't have ET at all. So even this bare-bones spec is not truly a baseline for all resto specs.

I am saying the bare bones spec includes the one I linked minus the 1 in ET. I will elaborate on a full powered Rejuve/WG spec, a good nourish sidekick like spec, and a NG spec, and what talents would be stronger for certain healing roles.

I can mention that not everyone will pick up 3/3 Living Spirit, and how it is an idea to possibly sacrifice 1 or 2 points in this talent. I will encourage the point that there is flexibility in our talent choices, and elaborate on what the different talents can bring you, along with synergy, like Living Seed + Empowered Touch.
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

#63 badlady

badlady

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

Macro's & Addons:

I see that this part is still empty.
Maybe you could use some of the macro's/addon's/links I added on the EU forum in the resto guide of Lissanna (from restokin.com)

World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> Resto Healing Guide

#64 Rijndael

Rijndael

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

I wrote a more detailed take on glyphs here. Unsure how "controversial" it is.

#65 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Moderators
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:18 AM

My strong suggestion with this guide is that you keep it as objective as possible. Meaning if you can't say for sure that 100% of the long time contributors here would agree with it, you don't put it in. You can only help folks so much. Give them the basics of what they need to know and let them start participating in the general discussion thread for things that go beyond it. Otherwise you're going to paint yourself into a corner of having to maintain a lot of information that is likely subjective in its nature anyhow.

i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#66 Kirbie44

Kirbie44

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

It was semi-fun while it lasted, but this thread will shortly be closed and deleted due to my lack of free time to really dig into it. Going through a Druid forum "overhaul" as we speak, and I am glad to promote Hamlets Restoration Post. Thoughts/comments/suggestions for this thread will still be read and reviewed. Please be patient as Carebare as well as other forum moderators are doing a lot of work to make this a better forum.
http://elitistjerks....ral_discussion/
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

#67 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Moderators
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:46 PM

Yep, thank you Kirbie for the initial gathering of data and post. I am going to lock this post as well for now. PVE Discussion will be moving to Hamlet's thread once we are ready to simultaneously launch the new itemization thread.

The plan going forward is that rather than leaving discussion threads open when the old content becomes obsolete is that we will lock those and start a new place for discussion. This should make it easier for newcomers to keep up with current information, as opposed to being overwhelmed by 50-100 pages of reading of which 50-75% is obsolete. Current thread OPs will be given the choice of continuing their work for the next patch (expansion in this case), otherwise I'll send PMs for volunteers that I think would be good choices to fulfill that role.

If you've been a long-time contributor and you're interested in helping out, feel free to contact me via PM. We're set for this first overhaul, but I can keep you in mind going forward.

Thanks and sorry for the upheaval during the transition, but the 2 main threads are still available for your use prior to the move.

i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users