77 replies to this topic

#21 Mericet

Mericet

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

...(thus the aptly titled site)

Oh my god, it's called Elitist Jerks! How has no one picked up on that before? This guy must be a genius.

#22 Montegomery

Montegomery

Aloof Aggravator

•  Patrons
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

You mean these forums aren't about snobbish beef jerky gourmands?

... you could very well have a concerto, but the closest the average listener gets to hearing it is the interpretation as put on by a group of small children with those little rainbow-coloured xylophones.

Monte's LoL Blog
Monte's LoL Stream

#23 Motrin

Motrin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

ZOMFG YUR DOIN IT WRONG!!!11!!!11

#24 Thrawnseg

Thrawnseg

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for making this a joke. Maybe I'll get a tattoo of Kaubel now.

Signed,
Beastcore

#25 Mman

Mman

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

Each one of these threads get significantly less amusing. To top it off this poster was clearly trying to elicit this specific response from you.

#26 Douglas

Douglas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

Anyway, here's your chance to agree with him, or make fun or him, or post pictures of unicorns and dinosaurs.

I'll agree with one thing he says: it's worth coming here just to read the banhammer forum. I don't read it to get pissed off though. There are some freaking works of art there. I present the following evidence:

http://elitistjerks....cule_banhammer/

http://elitistjerks....n_endcat_idiot/

And perhaps my favorite of all time:

http://elitistjerks....tik_macht_frei/

I mean, my god. That's a thing of beauty, that is.

The world is swarming with fucking morons. Reading the banhammer forum can kindle a spark of joy in my heart, as I watch some of 'em get flayed without mercy.

#27 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

I rather enjoyed this one, from just yesterday:

There really isn't much more to healing than just don't let people die. If your guild wants you to heal more, then find some people with low health who aren't the MT and heal them.

#28 Montegomery

Montegomery

Aloof Aggravator

•  Patrons
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

I'll agree with one thing he says: it's worth coming here just to read the banhammer forum. I don't read it to get pissed off though. There are some freaking works of art there. I present the following evidence:

http://elitistjerks....cule_banhammer/

http://elitistjerks....n_endcat_idiot/

And perhaps my favorite of all time:

http://elitistjerks....tik_macht_frei/

I mean, my god. That's a thing of beauty, that is.

The world is swarming with fucking morons. Reading the banhammer forum can kindle a spark of joy in my heart, as I watch some of 'em get flayed without mercy.

I've got a fever, and the only prescription, is more Kaubel.

... you could very well have a concerto, but the closest the average listener gets to hearing it is the interpretation as put on by a group of small children with those little rainbow-coloured xylophones.

Monte's LoL Blog
Monte's LoL Stream

#29 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

Each one of these threads get significantly less amusing.

Post pics of your mom then.

Posted Image

#30 Lookit

Lookit

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

...manages to find a new and interesting way of being a complete and udder douche.

Why must people malign such an important tool in livestock hygiene?

#31 Ashkinassi

Ashkinassi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:18 PM

To top it off this poster was clearly trying to elicit this specific response from you.

It never occurred to me that what the poster wanted was relevent. I'm sure the mods are all wrapped up in their snuggies drinking mugs of cocoa trying to get over being so crassly manipulated.

#32 Enova

Enova

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

In before the lock, and kudos for a brave man :)

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire. If this is too difficult BWL was still there last I checked, so go have at it for some practice.

You people are idiots

Guilty as charged ^

#33 Iluminati

Iluminati

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:07 AM

If the administrative staff spent as much time pruning topics and making sure "first posts" that claim to be accurate actually were, as they did handing out useless infractions...EJ would be 23.78% more helpful. I don't see the funny here to be honest, you got trolled :|.

#34 Cyms

Cyms

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:28 AM

If the administrative staff spent as much time pruning topics and making sure "first posts" that claim to be accurate actually were, as they did handing out useless infractions...EJ would be 23.78% more helpful. I don't see the funny here to be honest, you got trolled :|.

If you suspect information to be wrong here, then test it yourself. If they are right then at least you can follow their advice in the comfort of that knowledge, and if your tests show that they are wrong, post your tests so that we can... theorycraft.

#35 Arantes

Arantes

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:43 AM

I moderate another forum myself and I agree some threads here could use some pruning. The best way to do that though is for users to report posts, not sit around and expect moderators to do it all. The forum I moderate is far less strict, I can only imagine how much stuff EJ mods need to trim compared to what I do.

At the risk of already having ruined my post with too much seriousness I have fixed the color to something more appropriate. Now let me go find a unicorn pic.

#36 Rezdan

Rezdan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:56 AM

This is like watching lemmings decide to jump off a cliff en masse. /popcorn

#37 Enova

Enova

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:21 AM

I moderate another forum myself and I agree some threads here could use some pruning. The best way to do that though is for users to report posts, not sit around and expect moderators to do it all. The forum I moderate is far less strict, I can only imagine how much stuff EJ mods need to trim compared to what I do.

At the risk of already having ruined my post with too much seriousness I have fixed the color to something more appropriate. Now let me go find a unicorn pic.

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about the pink

EDIT: Much better :)

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire. If this is too difficult BWL was still there last I checked, so go have at it for some practice.

You people are idiots

Guilty as charged ^

#38 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

If you think we're going to read through every thread, and check every post for accuracy, you're just as loony as the person in the OP.

Let's check your post history. Hey, look here! Your lazy ass hasn't reported a single post in the two years you've been registered. You, sir, are part of the fucking problem.

#39 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

Let's check your post history. Hey, look here! Your lazy ass hasn't reported a single post in the two years you've been registered. You, sir, are part of the fucking problem.

Posted Image

#40 Enova

Enova

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

You can do that? O.o I feel so violated now...

You people are idiots

Guilty as charged ^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users