• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#41 Fetzen

Fetzen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

I agree that this didn't need it's own thread. He's only mediocre witty in the best case and he lacks that rare, naive 'speciality' that made Seresthepriest so interesting. She was like the site of a car-accident: You could only drive by slowly because you were forced to stare at the wreckage with dark fascination, not able to take your eyes off that decapitated, burning figure stumbling around her former (pink) vehicle.
This guy here is like some irrecognizable shape on the side of the road - the sun has already set and you aren't sure if that thing is a dumped freezer or just a large pile of horseshit with snow on top, but you sure as hell aren't interested to step on the brakes to check it out further.

The Banhammer is fun to read, yeah. I surely don't find all the infractions fair - just about 95 percent of them. Someone has to keep the place clean and I guess it's not a job that heightens your mood immensely. If Kaubel enjoys his powers - fine, who wouldn't?
The older I get the more I learn to hate that "it's your duty to help complete strangers when they stumble into your forum!"-attitude. I guess around here it's also called the special-snowflake-syndrom. And if I sometimes think "okay, this time Kaubel really is a pettish bitch" it's still not so hard to remind myself that this is not my forum and I'm not to judge.

Shit. I guess my austere attitude always takes the fun out of discussions.

Oh, the 'Grammatik macht frei'-thing: He said "You don't have to snap out of it so quickly... how old are you 10? Just because some guy questions things, omg. How disabled [the term 'zurückgeblieben' would have been translated as 'retarded, but he chose 'behindert' nontheless, which translates as (physically) disabled and is considered to be an extremely childish offense in german] you are ... fucking kiddy."
It wasn't really what you'd call standard german, just the cheap version of a not so creative Mod Sass.
"These psychouts are mostly media inspired."
"The media inspires boredom. Not waking up one morning and butchering your kids. That takes something else, man."

#42 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:05 PM

Note: reporting an otherwise inoffensive post may result in negative ramifications for YOUR account. Make sure the post is at least a bit questionable.

I often wonder if anyone has ever been given an infraction or warning for abuse/misuse of the report system. There are some odd things in the banhammer that I've often thought might be infractions for reporting but I don't know for sure. Any mod care to comment?

#43 Fetzen

Fetzen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

If you read the Banhammer as often as I do on work you'll see that they do infract reports as well, yup. I think it was Juice who got two or three reports from some shithead who found him offensive.

The blade swings in all directions...
"The media inspires boredom. Not waking up one morning and butchering your kids. That takes something else, man."

#44 Munorion

Munorion

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

To go completely off-topic, "ausrasten" would be "go ballistic" or "lose it" rather than "snap out of it".
Posted Image

#45 Lookit

Lookit

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

If anything, one might expect the Germans to have a unique appreciation for the EJ moderation style.

And if I may be permitted to digress, I'd like to thank the EJ moderators for their daily work in making these forums a place where people are expected to contribute, and not just hop on and blather. There are myriad online destinations where one can vent about their loot luck, ask whether AP or Strength is better for a DK, or provide intensely humorous links to 80s pop songs. This is not one of them, and it is not by luck, but rather by diligent work. So again, thank you.

Personally, all I see when I read complaints about the moderation here is "I just wish this place was more like the official forums, you know? A place where I can hop on and blather."

#46 Buffie

Buffie

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

I often wonder if anyone has ever been given an infraction or warning for abuse/misuse of the report system. There are some odd things in the banhammer that I've often thought might be infractions for reporting but I don't know for sure. Any mod care to comment?

My only warning was for being overzealous on the report button & reporting a mod's post. He gave himself an infraction in his heart, just for me.

Anyway, I personally feel that there should be even more public humiliation for bad posting around here. We're guests on these forums & whatever ass-backwards, 1984 style rules EJ wants to enforce is entirely at their discretion. I do what I can to report posts in the threads I read & 99% of posts I report have little orange squares on them or are in the dung heap. I have little patience to deal with "wht shud i encant my wep with, plz halp ^.^ :D lulslolololzzzz" when it's in the first fucking post of the thread. I salute you Kaubel & bow to you as my Orwellian overlord.

If you're worried about getting imaginary points taken away (when you're fucking wrong in the first place, you gain points by being bad here), simply don't post. I was a member for many months before I made my first post & generally don't post much anyway. In closing on 2 years of membership here, I've posted 25 times. When I have something to add to the conversation, I will, otherwise I'm quite content to use the data & ideas posted to form my own conclusions on how I wish to play my character.

Also, have some narwhals, they're like unicorns of the sea.

Posted Image

#47 Duilliath

Duilliath

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

or provide intensely humorous links to 80s pop songs.

Ask and ye shall receive. I think that Bitch School gives an appropriate feel of where to send them whiners to. I was going to go with another Tap clip featuring rainbows and stuff, but this one, well, rocks more.

YouTube - Spinal Tap - Bitch School
Ignorance can be solved with a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.

#48 Chirality

Chirality

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

On a related note: this recent banhammer post via the Beer Forum made me extremely happy: Corona! Banned!. Excellent work.

#49 Douglas

Douglas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

Anyway, I personally feel that there should be even more public humiliation for bad posting around here.

You can help! On our guild forums, we have a thread in which I post links to some "best of" banhammer posts. I'd say we link from our forums to banhammer posts more than to any other kind of post on EJ. In that sense, it's actually the most useful part of the site for us. Yay for idiots, and the endless amusement they provide!

#50 lhsansshade

lhsansshade

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

Ret DPS cycle against Patchwerk?

#51 Russ

Russ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:17 AM

http://elitistjerks....worthwhile_say/

#52 Fetzen

Fetzen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:05 AM

If anything, one might expect the Germans to have a unique appreciation for the EJ moderation style.

Surely, if it would be possible to get more hot nazi-übermensch bitches in here - I am certain that every sane, average German would be delighted.

http://m.blog.hu/ha/...s_poster_01.jpg

Now I would be waiting for someone to edit a unicorn, a narwhale or some cow teats into this picture to further refine it.

EDIT: People always seem to get nervous when Germans start joking about nazis, don't they?

#53 Jaydin

Jaydin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

<3 Kaubel

#54 Malleus

Malleus

King Hippo

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

If the administrative staff spent as much time pruning topics and making sure "first posts" that claim to be accurate actually were, as they did handing out useless infractions...EJ would be 23.78% more helpful.

How much shit rating do you need to get 23.78%? Is that the shit cap, where 100% of all your forum posts are shit?

#55 Hoenir

Hoenir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:25 AM

You know, It is ok he is not grieving his spellblade is doing it for him!

Also Purple > pink. It says so in my RAWR!

#56 Tehax

Tehax

Pretty Pony

• Moderators
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:31 AM

If the administrative staff spent as much time pruning topics and making sure "first posts" that claim to be accurate actually were, as they did handing out useless infractions...EJ would be 23.78% more helpful. I don't see the funny here to be honest, you got trolled :|.

I just spent potential post-pruning time giving you a new avatar. I hope you like it!

#57 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

back in my day, we tanked uphill in the snow

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

Can I get a new avatar?

Torture/terrorism/war/taxes? Whatever. But if this motherfucker doesn't realize why the heroic strike change is complete shit...

STOP SHITTING UP THE THREAD MALAN

#58 Guest_alienangel_*

Guest_alienangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

I like the mods' ruthlessness quite a lot and have wished I could summon you up to unleash moderation on various other forums, but I do wonder, why do you (Kaubel) still moderate with such gusto? And how do you still find the time and interest to do so without having played WoW in years?

edit: bump

#59 Bloody_sorcerer

Bloody_sorcerer

back in my day, we tanked uphill in the snow

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

Sweet, thanks!

Torture/terrorism/war/taxes? Whatever. But if this motherfucker doesn't realize why the heroic strike change is complete shit...

STOP SHITTING UP THE THREAD MALAN

#60 xmod2

xmod2

Don Flamenco

•  Patrons
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

blah blah blah

u old timers thing everything was sooo much better before, but u r just mad that us casuals r beating u now.

neway, does anyone here now how much hit i should have for uldaman?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users