• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#161 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

I can confirm this after several tests. 100 sec ICD! I didn't fraps or so but I used the in-game stopwatch and several bossdummies for maximum uptime.

Funny, so now it's around as good as we thought it was with a 90s cooldown. Using a 6s mean proc time for Moonkin, I get mean spellpower values of 202 and 227, very close to what I'd had before.

#162 Naforce

Naforce

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

Funny, so now it's around as good as we thought it was with a 90s cooldown. Using a 6s mean proc time for Moonkin, I get mean spellpower values of 202 and 227, very close to what I'd had before.

I think you're doing the calculation wrong. (Uptime/((icd-uptime) + mean proc time))*spellpower.
(20/(80+6))*1073=249 avg sp
(20/(80+6))*1206=280 avg sp

Either that or I misunderstood you!

#163 Madlax

Madlax

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

3.3.3 forecast for this week(current BiS profiles with a few changes on the min/maxing side)
3.3.2 results:
http://chart.apis.go...&chts=000000,20
3.3.3 results:

c represents the whole gear set switched from spirit to crit.
I´m still not sure how/if the Life Tap changes are final and implemented as they are in simcraft - but that would not change things much.
Immolate Glyph on both Destruction profiles.

#164 Mulock

Mulock

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

This post might fit best here in the compendium but perhaps it would be a good new thread by itself. A lot of warlocks are switching specs for different fights in icc regular and heroic. For example I see destro perhaps being better than affliction on Dreamwalker for the burst on mobs that die relatively quickly (but not clumped up for AoE). Switching to Affliction on Sindragosa seems to make sense for other reasons. I'm sure the demos will want to pipe in on where they shine as well, I imagine BQ is a good place for either demo or affliction because of execute phases while being bitten.

If enough people are interested in making this a detailed thread we could start with heroic Marrowgar which I think could incite some debate. Affliction seems pure win however if your raid comp is light on ranged an argument for destro burst can come into play. For example during bone storm there were a few times (not just one oh crap moment) where I was only 1 of 2 people that could reach a bone spike due to cold flames cutting people off and having burst was nice. Also if you do play affliction on Marrowgar, do you ask to be on boss the entire time granted plenty of others are assigned to spikes?

Hope to see some discussion on this and ideas like swapping to destro when the doomguard is down and if a certain wing order is good for that swapping.

#165 agromenix

agromenix

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

This post might fit best here in the compendium but perhaps it would be a good new thread by itself. A lot of warlocks are switching specs for different fights in icc regular and heroic...

FYI, discussing which spec is best on which ICC fight has been coming up on The Warlock's Den of late. Here's one of many posts on the topic, with a decent summary of 1 lock's choices.

ICC, Afflic vs. Destruction

#166 Shijoku

Shijoku

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

As i understand it with the impending Life Tap Change; Spirit is going to Amplify the damage we take without having any bearing at all to the mana we gain.

Per the 3.33 patch notes:

Life Tap: The tooltip for this ability incorrectly states that the health lost is modified by spirit. Health loss is fixed and does not get increased by the Warlock's spirit.

Also just as a side note:

Life Tap: This spell no longer scales with spirit, and instead scales with spell power.

#167 rutiene

rutiene

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

3.3.3 results:

Could you include hardmode Muradin in this list? Gunship is basically the heroic loot pinata, and when I ran SimCraft for my lock, DFO+Heroic Muradin's was better than DFO+NMIC by 167 DPS. (1000 iterations, 100s fight, Patchwerk style, all raid buffs on)

I also wanted to note that SimCraft doesn't seem to import Muradin's correctly. The line is:

trinket1=muradins_spyglass,equip=onspelldamage_20sp_10stack_10dur

Which doesn't include the static +152 crit. So I did change that line to be:

trinket1=muradins_spyglass,stats=152crit,equip=onspelldamage_20sp_10stack_10dur

Without the code change, using Heroic Muradin's is a 4 DPS decrease. So considering the requirements of getting the most of NMIC, I would still advocate using Heroic Muradin's.

#168 Madlax

Madlax

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

I would think you are running NMIC wrong then, probably forgot to add the "actions+=/" line.
Mura_264 is just as good as Phyl_264 and still behind NMIC on its own - and that doesn't change even in combination.

Update your simcraft, import is working fine.

@Psionic,
Affliction Thread, last 2 pages cover this topic.

#169 Psionic

Psionic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:57 AM

Thank you, apparently the way I am doing it, is the proper way however again why are most warlocks using RotD over NMiC?

#170 matornot

matornot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:07 AM

Thank you, apparently the way I am doing it, is the proper way however again why are most warlocks using RotD over NMiC?

I would think that the warlocks you're referring to are Destro, Demo, or are only using RotD on encounters that don't accommodate the proper usage of NMIC.
As to the NMIC in simcraft, it wasn't working correctly for me until I noticed that my engineering glove CD was causing NMIC to be on cooldown when I first cast Corruption. Simple fix was to swap their action priorities.

#171 brantar

brantar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

I think you're doing the calculation wrong. (Uptime/((icd-uptime) + mean proc time))*spellpower.
(20/(80+6))*1073=249 avg sp
(20/(80+6))*1206=280 avg sp

Either that or I misunderstood you!

Actually it is your calculation that is wrong. Avg sp gained = uptime/(icd +mean procc)*spellpower. To illustrate the correctness of that formula consider a buff giving you 2sp for 1 second, having an ICD of 2 seconds and 0 mean procc time. Obviously the average sp gained is 1 - according to your formula it would be 2, which is clearly wrong. Another way to easily see that your formula doesnt make sense is to consider a trinket having an ICD equal to its uptime and 0 procctime: Your formula suggests that such a trinket would give infinite average spellpower gain, which again clearly isnt the case.

#172 Madlax

Madlax

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

I've done a revamp of the post to get rid of the pre-LK HC sets and old information.
While this post has served its purpose of information for quite a few raiding warlocks, any updates before cataclysm release are unlikely to happen.
The information as it is now should be valid until patch 4.0 - at which we need to have a fresh new start either way.
Should there be any mistakes left in the text, throw a mail at me to get it fixed.

The only small updates that are going to happen will be the addtion of the 3 284 loots to the BiS sets.

#173 matornot

matornot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:26 AM

Hey I just have a question about the Demo rDPS BiS profile favoring 264 Muradins instead of 277 Phyl. Is it to provide more consistent Demopact? And if so, if my group doesn't have many casters, should i be using Phyl instead?

#174 Madlax

Madlax

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

We used Muradin in the original profile because it was virtually identical to Phyl in DPS - but it provides steady SP over crit, which made it much more desirable for rDPS.
If you don't have a lot of casters, you can switch all your items to pDPS - but I'd encourage you to check the Demonology post for that.

#175 Mithessar

Mithessar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hey I just have a question about the Demo rDPS BiS profile favoring 264 Muradins instead of 277 Phyl. Is it to provide more consistent Demopact? And if so, if my group doesn't have many casters, should i be using Phyl instead?

A quick-n-dirty way to check this would be to use the 3.3.5 Warlock DPS Spreadsheet. Enter your average raid comp in the 'Demonic Pact' tab, and you'll see about how much gain your DP buff is worth to your group as a whole. Try equipping Muradin's and the Phylactery, and see how much the rDPS changes relative to your pDPS. The spreadsheet isn't as thorough as simcraft, but if it shows that you're getting distinctly more pDPS from phylactery than the raid gets from Muradin's, it may be worth switching when you get the chance.

#176 Callandor

Callandor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:26 AM

Not quite sure if this is the correct place to post this but I discovered a neat trick on Halion today, you may have noticed the bosses tail whip knocks down pets and stuns them just as it does players that get in the way. Well the dumb pets always seem to stand at the very back and get hit by every single one, so you can simply put your pet on 'Stay' when it runs in at the right moment and this won't happen. If you're going through the portal twice obviously you'll have to do this 3 times, but its well worth the micro-management.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)