• This topic is locked This topic is locked
420 replies to this topic

#21 Kirbie44

Kirbie44

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

I see you already implemented a few things from my PM earlier. I see a few things that you could add if you see fit.

Unlike our other "over time" effects like rejuvenation, Abolish Poison ticks/removes the poison on application. Just a minor thing, but I think it is worth mentioning and adding into the spell description.

Wild Growth: You may also want to add the targeting mechanic of WG. You mentioned it may not always hit your target, but also you CAN cast it on a hostile target. A quick example is the Volatile Ooze on the Prof. Putricide encounter. I target the ooze and hit WG approx 1 second before it explodes on it's target. It helps heal up the Ooze Eruption damage quicker.

is a higher throughput upgrade on a 5x1 spec with 4T9 than . Also, when tank healing, with the high crit chance on nourish, this also provides a higher HPS upgrade for both LS proc's from Nourish and LS critical, as these heals from LS would stack exponentially with the meta. It may be worth mentioning.

None of these are do or die changes, just minor suggestions for additions to your post.

I will stay out of the Rapid Rejuvenation discussion, but also throw in this about the regular Rejuvenation glyph; you can't really base how its effectiveness works on farm content. It see's it's glory of AoE fights like twins not on farm, but during progression content, when your SP is lower, player health pools are lower, Resto Shamans heal tanks more as their gear has them take more damage, and factors of the same concept leave the raid (typically your assignment) with less heals in general. The actually proc's of this glyph will reduce as your gear up to an encounter, rendering it less useful. Sindragosa progression, both Normal and Heroic, you may notice this glyph to really get it's usefulness.

The past 4 months of raiding, healing hasn't been much of an issue. Heroic Twins progression (for those of you who progressed) was the last HPS speed bump. None of the ICC fights so far have been close to healing intense, so it is really hard to judge accurately with current parses how "useful" your Rapid Rejuve or Regular Rejuve glyph is until we get into difficult healing content. Maybe this is just how I see content now, but I haven't worried about my healing effectiveness since Firefighter/heroic twins.
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

#22 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

I am so far not a fan of RR unless we are running 2x Resto Druids in 25 or for 10 man (and even then I often don't glyph it for content to this point). I feel like you lose a lot of the defensive angle by clipping the duration and move closer toward reactive healing with it. I'd rather blanket for safety and use other tools when more healing is needed. We may see a fight on 25 where it becomes necessary, but even then you'd be running 2x Resto druid more than likely and splitting up the raid to some degree.
i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#23 Lightflower

Lightflower

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:01 AM

I think that your viewpoint on the Glyph of RR is skewed because you are generally the only Tree in your raid. If, as you say, a raid group were to run 2x Trees then the benefits of Glyph of RR are quite obvious and become even more pronounced if you assign definite groups to each Druid so that they can maximise HoT coverage.

I do agree that, with only 1 Tree in the raid, blanket HoTs (RR, WG glyphed, 3rd optional) is a better choice. Perhaps we should be doing some theorycrafting along the lines of which Glyphs and/or talents we take to fill the "Proactive Defensive Healing" role based on the composition of the healing team.

Erdluf - I don't believe the discussion revolved around what the most "effective" strategy is at all. If the fight favours a defensive healing strategy then the most effective course will be to ensure no one gets into the danger zone of sub 30% and blanket HoTs will be favoured. The flip side is a fight with high spike damage which favours fast, reactive healing.

So I do agree that letting people get low then hitting them with a big Nourish is not the most effective strategy but, in the event that someone does get that low, the Nourish has the highest impact on their survivability chances and is thus the appropriate strategy. That was why I wanted to get at the concept that HoTs are strongly indicated when people are above the danger zone but other heals work better when people get low. I'm sure everyone here has an intuitive understanding of this and actually practices some form of triage in their raids. Some sort of parsing tool would be very helpful though if it were able to determine the difference between clutch healing and raid maintenance.

#24 Kirbie44

Kirbie44

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

I put up a post in the http://elitistjerks....54/#post1522519 about swiftmend, and some parts of the mechanics. I have gotten a few PM's about results and testing that I did with it. So with that, I have concluded the following answers to a few questions:

• SM can use any druids Regrowth or Rejuvenation (even a spell stolen one from an opposite faction).
  • SM use the HoT on your target with the lowest time left. IE - Regrowth has 2 seconds left as Rejuvenation has 11 seconds left. Even though Rejuvenation will be a bigger heal from the SM, it will consume the Regrowth.
  • SM is only effected by your + healing talents. Gift of Nature, Tree of Life Aura, and Master Shapeshifter are the only + healing effects/coefficients it gets. Improved Tree of Life and Lunar Guidance both effect your SP on your character sheet, so I do not include them within this category.
  • SM heal is based off your current talents (above), Spell Power, and Critical Rating at the time you cast SM.
  • SM is NOT effected by; Spell Power of the HoT, Talents of the HoT, or who casted the HoT. IE - A feral druids Rejuvenation with zero SP and talents will SM for the same amount (your SM) as your Rejuvenation will.
  • Regrowth Glyph in action does not increase the SM by 20% or at all for that matter.

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

#25 Ogbar

Ogbar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

I think that your viewpoint on the Glyph of RR is skewed because you are generally the only Tree in your raid. If, as you say, a raid group were to run 2x Trees then the benefits of Glyph of RR are quite obvious and become even more pronounced if you assign definite groups to each Druid so that they can maximize HoT coverage.

I need to disagree with you here. I've tried RR a few times and found that it is least useful when I have strict group assignments either because of another tree or other healer. In a 2 to 2.5 group cover model I can maintain Rejuv on all targets while still having GCDs available to handle targeted burst. With RR, I end up in a position where I am gcd locked to be proactive, so I instead need to switch to a reactive model. With current fights I find the proactive models is more effective, letting me cover the group wide damage (from many folks in cold flame, DnD, fester aura) and the individual spikes (shadow bolt, bone spike, vile gas).

In 10 man I could get away with reactive healing, and the glyph really shined. But for 25 man it just wasn't working.

#26 Lightflower

Lightflower

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

I have found with a 12 second glyphed Rejuv that I can get very close to the 5x1 "model" healing. For the fights in ICC so far though, 5x1 isn't necessary and I am finding that the more reactive nature of RR glyph is excellent for helping out on targeted burst type abilities. That said, I definitely agree that it noticeably lowers my ability to counter mass AoE effects like Deathwhisper's frost bolt blasts.

It just irks me that the result on RR might be "ymmv". Because of that, I lean towards having 2x Trees responsible for 2 groups each with the last group containing mostly tanks. I like to think that my strategy will come to the fore once raid damage meets or exceeds the HPS provided by a non-glyphed rejuvenation.

#27 Arentios

Arentios

Wisdom as dump stat

•  Patrons
  • 6796 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

This was briefly touched on in the itemization thread, but it probably belongs here more than there.

I wonder just how haste we effectively do utilize on a given encounter given simple human reactions (I'd guess maybe a few hundredths of a second on average per spell) and occasional human mistakes where we aren't able to walk and chew gum at the same time and so don't chain cast spells when we could. For example I know a lot of druids slow their casting while moving out of fire.

I've been digging through my own logs trying to figure out a good way to capture this without checking the individual timestamps of spells, but at present it's a lot of effort for something with little impact; it's not going to be nearly enough to affect item choice with how weak crit generally rates; you'd need to be wasting 50% or more of your haste to think about trading an equal ilevel haste item for a crit item. Just from using a Perl script to scan a WoL parse I'd estimate I'm wasting 10% of my haste (10% of haste, not 10% haste) over the course of a high movement encounter (Putricide), throwing out Tear Gas durations. I don't have a way to factor latency out of that, if it has any meaningful impact.

#28 jula

jula

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

I've been digging through my own logs trying to figure out a good way to capture this without checking the individual timestamps of spells, but at present it's a lot of effort for something with little impact;

First, if someone is not casting because of something like moving out of fire - this is irrelevant for the evaluation of haste.
Player A has 0 haste rating, and had to 'move while not casting' 5% of the fight.
Player B has 800 haste rating, and had to 'move while not casting' 5% of the fight.
Both players will lose the same percentage of their total throughput (ignoring heals with CD such as WG from the calculation), if they are casting the rest of the time.
Its true that player B will 'lose' the option to cast more spells than play A, but you could argue the same for any heal boosting stat, such as spellpower - if player B had more spellpower than player A, he would lose more powerful spells.

Second, if you wish to evaluate how much time a player is not casting, how about just look at all spell casts by the player, his haste rating from gear / talents / buffs (can check average uptime of those) and then come up with a number - how much time should it take to cast all those spells. If you divide this number by the total fight length (pick a fight without 'dead time' - for example Northern Beasts or Mimiron are bad, while Twins are good) that should give a good estimation on how much time is lost.

#29 Arentios

Arentios

Wisdom as dump stat

•  Patrons
  • 6796 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

First, if someone is not casting because of something like moving out of fire - this is irrelevant for the evaluation of haste.
Player A has 0 haste rating, and had to 'move while not casting' 5% of the fight.
Player B has 800 haste rating, and had to 'move while not casting' 5% of the fight.
Both players will lose the same percentage of their total throughput (ignoring heals with CD such as WG from the calculation), if they are casting the rest of the time.
Its true that player B will 'lose' the option to cast more spells than play A, but you could argue the same for any heal boosting stat, such as spellpower - if player B had more spellpower than player A, he would lose more powerful spells.

This is very true, and is part of why this isn't an itemization question; it's a better play question. Player A and B are both wasting spellpower (and crit, any other throughput stat), but only player B is wasting haste. However, if player B had 100 haste rating, he'd have been wasting that, or he had 1000 rating, same thing. Percentage based, not an absolute number. Because they're all throughput stats they're all interconnected. Since we're not trading spellpower for haste in general, it's not a matter of 'what could I better spent those haste itemization points on', it's a matter of 'how far from the optimal play nirvana that we tend to assume am I?'

To put it another way. Every time we overheal or have another healer heal over a HoT, we are wasting spellpower, everytime we overheal with a crit, we're wasting crit. In each of those situations we're also wasting all the other throughput stats. Of these scenarios the 'not pushing buttons fast enough' scenario is the easiest to control. It would be nice to be able to optimize the other two, but they've been around since WoW began and often hinge on making snap predictions about the future and the habits of other healers, and of the person being healed.

There are also cases where you don't want to be chain casting, and in these cases you're 'wasting' haste, but don't really care. It's important to parse those out. It ends up being a somewhat small set of cases where haste waste is significant but a lot of decisions we make for spec, gearing, and suchlike are based around the highest healing required cases, even if they're rare.

#30 ganuard

ganuard

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

Our healing prevents that sub 30% bracket if said druid has a definitive understanding of the fight mechanics. I won't disagree that some sniping is inevitable with this style. However, our job is to mitigate damage and keep people out of that danger area and doing that results in a fairly aggressive healing style when done correctly. This is the reason you will see some druids top meters regardless, even if the fight is not a Val'kyr Twins type scenario. They see the damage before it happens and have already provided the proactive defense to meet it. So, that when it happens, those same druids are pulling out tools like Swiftmend/Nourish as opposed to casting Rejuvenation/Regrowth (because those people that took damage had HoTs on them before it even hit).

It is less tangible in terms of "life-saving" measure compared to what pretty much every other class does. But to call it less valuable seems unfair to me. I will concede that it is not hard to be a mediocre or even "good" druid. Being an exceptional druid requires anticipation, awareness, and a very strong fundamental understanding of the proper tool for the job, both before and after the damage has occurred.

QFT. An amazing summary of why I think a lot of Druids do less then they could to improve the chances of success on encounters where the stereotypical Druid says, "Oh, I'm sorry, this isn't a fight where I'm supposed to do well." No, you shouldn't continue to 5x1 even though everyone is at full health and you know there is no AOE attack coming (I've run with far too many healers like this). Just because there isn't a steady damage aura doesn't mean we don't have some of the strongest tools in the game to keep someone alive, all backed by our ability to cover most of the raid or to target a group with our HOTs.

#31 TheRestorationDruid

TheRestorationDruid

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

I have found with a 12 second glyphed Rejuv that I can get very close to the 5x1 "model" healing. For the fights in ICC so far though, 5x1 isn't necessary and I am finding that the more reactive nature of RR glyph is excellent for helping out on targeted burst type abilities. That said, I definitely agree that it noticeably lowers my ability to counter mass AoE effects like Deathwhisper's frost bolt blasts.

It just irks me that the result on RR might be "ymmv". Because of that, I lean towards having 2x Trees responsible for 2 groups each with the last group containing mostly tanks. I like to think that my strategy will come to the fore once raid damage meets or exceeds the HPS provided by a non-glyphed rejuvenation.

I have found this glyph to be greatly useful in my 10 man raids, simply because there arn't that many people to heal and I can blanket the entire raid with Rejuvenation even with the reduced duration, thus more heals on entire raid. However when healing in 25 man I saw a drastic reduction in my heals with this. Basically in healing intense fights Resto druids really want to blanket the rejuvenation as well as keep WG up. (I suppose it varies on personal playing type but this is what I have found to be most successful.) So in my 25 man raids I couldn't keep Rejuv on as many people at once and was not healing to my full extent.

Final Decision:
I made two separate healing specs, one for 10 man raids where I did use this glyph and am greatly pleased with it, and one for 25 man raids where I replace this glyph with Glyph of Rejuvenation. there are a few other differences but really the main difference is this glyph and I have had great success

---------------------------------------------------------
Arria
<Sacellum>
Nordrassil

Visit my website:
www.TheRestoraionDruid.com

#32 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:44 AM

Blood-Queen Lana'thel is a great place to understand the pros and cons of Rapid Rejuv. Ultimately, I think I supports what I've been saying the whole time that it's surprisingly hard to craft a situation where RR is truly helps your raid healing.

The important thing is that it has a heavy raid damage aura (4500/tick) which ticks every 2 seconds. 2 ticks is exactly the tick rate of a Rapid Rejuvation for a haste-capped Druid (50% total haste).

In 10-man, RR is great. It's a 12s HoT, meaning that the timing is rather perfect for straight 5x1 spam. (Bloodlust makes things a bit awkward, though). Ok, so there, we use it, great.

But what about in 25? People will definitely bring 2 Trees. And now you can't cover 25 people if both use RR. You can't even cover 23 non-tanks if you plan to use any other spells. Two Trees in our first raid today (we run two 25-mans) wound up just having one person use the glyph so they could split up 2 groups and 3 groups. On balance, I'd guess that 2 using RR is probably better--but it's not much better. I could easily see changing my mind on this after doing the 25-man fight myself. One of the most dangerous parts of the fight is the fear/movement when she takes off--and as many longer-durations HoT's as possible might be handy for that.

The point to all this is that even when the situation is absolutely perfectly tailored to a 2s HoT--it's very hard to voluntarily cut down on the number of HoT's you can maintain at once, when the whole raid is taking damage. So what if you have two Trees without the Glyph? Overlapping HoT's are still perfectly good. Not as bad as the holes you have if both use the Glyph, at any rate.

RR will shine when there are simply too few targets to heal to make use of spread HoT's (Saurfang). I think these situations where the majority of a 25-man raid are just not taking any damage are rare. And at other times, the Glyph generally has ups and downs, but never makes a convincing case that it's a strong overall winner.

#33 Carebare

Carebare

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

Yep, RR was terrible for Queen (for us). We both dumped it and it's basically the first fight where I pretty much textbooked 5x1. We talk about 5x1 a lot, but in practice I don't think people really actually do it as much as they think. The only times I broke off was to innervate myself and to mend if it was necessary. Even then I maintained WG on CD. Depending how many healers you run (we ran 6), I felt that WG to the melee on CD for Revitalize was very important from a damage standpoint. The fight is extremely fun, I am sure you will all enjoy it.
i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#34 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:56 AM

Well, did only a few pulls on 25 which went sorta OK but not a kill. I don't see the downside of RR on the ground phase (Carebear, if you don't mind elaborating on why you found it counterproductive). Thing is, not all raid heals are created equal and not all raid groups take the same amount of damage. For the 4.5K/2s aura I'll take 4 group coverage with RR + WG over the overlapping hots of 2 non-RR druids. I can see how going 1 with and 1 without would work out since though since it means the melee can get the weaker rejuvs which tends to suffice for them.
To be fair on normal the aura itself isn't really the issue, it's only when you pair it with the added damage of the air phase that makes it meaningful. Was wondering, has anyone tried a PvP trinket to break the fears?

#35 Rijndael

Rijndael

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

And at other times, the Glyph generally has ups and downs, but never makes a convincing case that it's a strong overall winner.

I am a big fan of the RR glyph. I slot it in almost every fight (except heroic Anub 25). On average, RR should never lose you HPS in a 25 man raid unless it's a weird fight which punishes faster hots in some way, or you outgear the fight and the extra HPS is going into overhealing.

What you lose is having hots on more people, which I guess can translate into a loss of raid stability (you may not be able to do a clutch swiftmend on someone, or a tick may not save someone). What you gain is more HPS on telegraphed targets. There are a lot of telegraphed targets in raids: tanks, any fight in the Plague wing of IC will have them on raid, etc. You also gain more HPS on targets you do rejuvs on.

I would say the more you know about the targeted damage pattern in advance, the more valuable the RR glyph becomes. If the damage is an aura, you gain nothing, if the damage is unpredictable, RR forces you to commit and the price of a wrong guess is higher (higher variance is bad for stability). As the damage becomes more targeted and/or predictable, RR glyph should win out over unglyphed.

#36 Anaram

Anaram

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

I suppose it really depends on how you set up healing. For us it was definitely easier to have two druids going normal rejuvenation on 15 ranged guys (technically only 14 ranged plus one melee) while tossing WG on melee. It's not that rejuvenation wouldn't work on melee also, it's that chain heals, holy light glyphs etc. don't really work on ranged.

I tried 10-man without RR (figuring I'd get a bit more time for other spell casts), the results weren't pretty.

#37 Carebare

Carebare

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

(Carebear, if you don't mind elaborating on why you found it counterproductive). Thing is, not all raid heals are created equal and not all raid groups take the same amount of damage. For the 4.5K/2s aura I'll take 4 group coverage with RR + WG over the overlapping hots of 2 non-RR druids. I can see how going 1 with and 1 without would work out since though since it means the melee can get the weaker rejuvs which tends to suffice for them.
To be fair on normal the aura itself isn't really the issue, it's only when you pair it with the added damage of the air phase that makes it meaningful. Was wondering, has anyone tried a PvP trinket to break the fears?

Sure.

I think some of it does come down to style but this was how I determined I was displeased with the glyph. (I mentioned to Melador on druid chat "Hey I don't like RR on this" before I could elaborate he had concurred so I didn't get into then.)

1) 4.5k aura every 2 seconds is less than you think it is. I found that splitting with RR those people needed essentially no more healing. This isn't a bad thing, but I think post-Anuburak I have found a healthier view point of keeping people out of danger, but not at full HP. At no point did I find that keeping people on Queen at say 85% was detrimental compared to keeping them at 100%.
2) You cannot really run a perfectly tight 5x1 with RR. You can run a 10x1 obviously, but 5x1 starts putting you behind on globals. (At least it did for me and I sit with a ping around 40-200ms depending on server lag.) Factor in that my mana consumption felt worse for putting out heals on less people (not less HPS to be fair, just less coverage). I definitely needed my own innervate x2 (each cast putting me further behind on maintaining a 5x1 then if someone needed a swiftmend or NS for whatever reason I am even further behind and it's possible there is no RJ on the person I need to swiftmend -- now even further behind or that person might die), a tide, and a mana pot. I could make gear/meta exchanges, but again my question was why? Then I'm lowering my spellpower and still covering less people all in this effort to keep them completely topped.
3) Running 2x normal rejuv added a lot of flexibility. What if I got the Jaraxxus style fire and I had to run out and this put me OOR on any of the 10 people I was maintaining with RR and they were due for it to be refreshed at the time I was OOR? Now I am still yet further behind.
4) Depending on your strat there are various ways to do the fight.
- 5 healers and no one suiciding.
- 6 healers and no one suiciding.
- 5-6 healers with suicides.
We used 6 healers, no suicides. Which means when we killed her in 5:13 (which could have been a tad cleaner execution wise, no doubt) we were strapped. People were starting to get MC'd. So I felt with juggling our healing role, what can I do to help DPS? I can maintain Revitalize on the people who really do see a DPS gain. (Ferals, followed by DKs, followed by Rogues). This pushes me even more to want to use WG on cooldown. For the reasons above with RR I found it nearly impossible to keep a strict 5x1 with other factors -- so if I abandoned the RR application that person is hotless, but if I do it and sacrifice using the WG then we're missing a small (but not entirely negligible) DPS increase to maintain someone at 100% HP and the question remains -- why?
5) The fight lends itself toward a good druid with good ping landing swiftmends in times of need. I wanted the ability to do that without falling behind.
6) Finally, again this goes to your strat. We used 6 healers. Why use 2 people to maintain 20 people at 100% HP thereby theoretically leaving 5 people for the remaining 4 healers? Why keep 20 people nearly full when we can keep 25 absolutely safe (ready for swiftmends if needed, etc) with room to spare on globals/room for other healers to heal as well?

Again, this depends on style, your raid group, your strat. I will not say RR is universally awful for the fight, that would be ridiculous. I just didn't feel like it brought anything significant to the table other than a headache if the rotation fell behind/minor mana issues even when you didn't. I started at Group 1 with normal RJ, Melador at Group 5. For the most part I could RJ group 1/WG centered on our feral, RJ group 2/WG centered on our feral, 3 or so people in group 3 + any 2 people who felt lower than they should be/WG again. I had room to spare if I needed (running out for flames, during the airphase having a ton of RJs up with the ability to mend or Nourish patch with at least one HoT already in place. Coming out of the air phase all of the people I was watching were definitely hotted and unaffected by the fact that I might have gone outside my assignment for a NS/Mend on someone who took a large hit (feared through fire, or anything of that nature).

I hope this was the type of explanation you were looking for. We didn't PVP trinket. We had 3 tremors, the other people dealt without having it.

#38 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

This is quite the insight, thank you. I'm not sure the Anub analogy holds, seeing as damage in Anub depends on current HP, and in addition I see a large incentive to keep the raid at 100% or close to it - the air phase.
I'm guessing you falling behind on 5x1 is a result of being over the haste cap. This isn't much of a concern if that's the case, while healing is a bit uneven it's not significantly so. If you're casting non-stop then RR won't increase your mana usage, and I somewhat doubt you were pausing on purpose on this fight :)
I guess your basic assumption is that RR increases the overhealing you do. You can't ignore the fact that the incoming damage a player takes is higher than unglyphed rejuv's output (or a glyped one, for that matter). Holes can be covered by other healers, no doubt, but this is more of a ffa raid heal assignment, which brings me to...
The idea of putting 2 non-RRed druids on the 15 or so ranged sounds interesting although the excess healing is quite high. I find it appealing for air-phase handling mostly, since the melee classes tend to be more resilient to incoming damage (DPS warriors aside).

#39 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

I'd expect RR to be about perfect (very little underheal or overheal) for an unbitten person's aura. Say 1800 to 2000 DPS from the aura (after partial resists), and 1500-1800 HPS from Rejuv (before 4t9 procs).

Once a DPS has been bitten, I'd expect their self heals (1500 HPS?) to take care of most of the aura. I'd think you could happily cover them with Regrowth. That gives you even more SM and Nourish+1 opportunities, and you still have RR available as a weaker oh-crap button.

With unglyphed Rejuv and two trees, some people will have two Rejuvs (= overhealing for Aura), and the ones with only one Rejuv will be losing health at a good pace.

Using Regrowth instead of Rejuv on DPS vampires means they don't get Revitalize, but with the amount of movement in the fight, I wouldn't expect any ranged DPS to have mana issues. You'd still use Rj on healers, and WG would more than cover melee's aura damage.

I have not done the fight. It is certainly possible I'm not understanding some mechanic properly.

#40 Carebare

Carebare

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Right we didn't ignore the melee again for Revitalize reasons, so we rolled on 25 rather than 15. Especially if you get a flame creep in the melee that's going to run out and others might take some damage the extra protection was not bad. I certainly wasn't pausing, but could feel a mana difference. I could just be psychotic, that's entirely possible.

Anub was an extreme example and not necessarily appropriate, the fact remains that people need to be safe, but not healed to full consistently (or overhealed as you pointed out). It really does come down to strat/style. Normal RJ simply provides more control on more people and being that I'm a control freak it's just more appealing to me. We didn't find excess healing to be high honestly (Queen kill parse). I mean when you figure I can easily do 60%+ in overheal on RJ in a given fight, 40% seems fine - it is on par with my Twins HPS and overheal and we are mostly in agreement that Twins does not benefit from RR. Twins could theoretically have more of a someone gets gibbed factor compared to Queen as well (in my opinion).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users