33 replies to this topic

#21 Meloree

Meloree

Bored

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

There's a few other features I'd love to see:

-Multiple councils at once, so we could put up all the loot from one boss into different windows.
-Some way to list the magnitude of the upgrade. Even if it's as simple as breaking down the interest level further "high, medium, minor, rotblock, offspec" categories, rather than just "main/off"

#22 Blacksen

Blacksen

Executor

•  Patrons
  • 1344 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

There's a few other features I'd love to see:

-Multiple councils at once, so we could put up all the loot from one boss into different windows.
-Some way to list the magnitude of the upgrade. Even if it's as simple as breaking down the interest level further "high, medium, minor, rotblock, offspec" categories, rather than just "main/off"

This first feature is logistically challenging but probably is worth diving into. It would be pretty cool if there were "headers" at the top and people would link for each one. It'd be even cooler if the mod could try to detect who wants what and filter the considerations as such.

But, the filtering process could be buggy and might not be the best way to go about it. So then the question is "how do we get people to link for specific things?"

The second feature has a lot of ways to go about it. A few things I'm looking into adding
- Side-by-side tooltips. If you mouse over one of the items linked, it shows both the item linked and the item up for consideration side-by-side.
- Textual display. It might be cool to have a column that literally says "+24 AGI, +32 ARP, -20 STR, -31 EXP" for each item. But that takes up more screen space. Might be better to just have it at the bottom when you select someone. I'll play around with it!

As always, thanks for the feedback.

#23 Eleven

Eleven

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

I just wanted to add my .02 in on the magnitude of upgrade issue.

Our loot council started off with lofty ideals but eventually ended up deciding loot based on the recent-ness of upgrades, and qual of upgrade based on ilevel for the sake of speed.
iLevel ended up getting used because there was no easy way for the officers to know at a glance how haste compared to crit for ret pallies for example.
We had used the lootnasi addon previously, and having a High, medium and low ranking system just ended up being too subjective.

Have you considered implementing some type of scale factor integration, similar to pawn, to give a numerical value to the magnitude of the upgrade?

For example, It'd be really useful if the raid leader could input the scale factor values manually ahead of time from somewhere like simcraft: SampleOutputT10 - simulationcraft - Project Hosting on Google Code assign the sets to each of the raid members in the beginning of the raid and have the either the +dps and/or % upgrade show up next to the item, as some easily accessible concrete figure to base the decision on.

The issues/obstacles/limitations:
- Unless the values came from a standardized source, it'd have to show a percentage upgrade instead of absolute numbers.
- Procs from trinkets/weps, and haste,arp,hit caps wouldn't be taken into consideration.
- For healers and tanks, HPS+Regen and TPS+EH wouldn't be seperated.
- Requires someone to manually input values and keep them updated.

It might be something that would be tricky to implement, and not be 100% reliable but I think itd be leagues ahead of just straight iLevel comparisons and something worth considering.

#24 EllTrain

EllTrain

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1419 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

We are going to start using this on our next raid. However, it would be nice if the add-on supported extra text the members whispered with their link, or special (non link) types of votes. In ICC, we have members whisper their item they are upgrading from, but in the case of tokens, they just whisper us with an integer representing how many tokens they have at that point. Since everyone has the 264 tokens, it is silly for everyone to link their 264 tier piece.

I understand the desire to filter loot votes out from random whispers the officer might be getting at the time, so requiring the link would be fine, but it would be nice if people could whisper with a bit of text that is viewable by the officers as well. That way members could say things like "last item I need from this zone" or "This item lets me equip 2 other 277 items rotting in my bags" -- which are things worth weighing as well.

Good job though, and looking forward to trying it on Sunday. I'll have more feedback once I actually use it in a raid.

#25 Unihorn

Unihorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

The most boring part of raiding for me is loot distribution.

Some time ago I developed an add-on for our guild based on NiKarma which distributed the loot in semi-automatic way.

All raid members required a client version of add-on and loot master (one of the officers in our case) used "loot master" version. As a loot master I just clicked the "start distributing next item" button and all raid members got a window with available choices and they should make the choice in 1 minute, after that it is assumed that they passed.

All communication between "client" and "loot master" was made via add-on channel so players can freely use the raid chat during the loot distribution.

The timer guaranties that after 1 minute you will have the list with player's choices. Currently equipped items are also transferred. List can be sorted according to your preferences. Winning player can be automatically highlighted. So it's easy for loot master to make a decision. After all you click a winner (if it was not selected automatically) and push the button "give item to that player".

Such approach allows you to distribute the loot very quickly, from few seconds and up to 2 minutes (in case of any debates), don't require to use any chat and everyone see what happening. Probably you can find something useful in my wall of text and make your add-on better :)

P.S. Currently this add-on was rewritten by my friends and is available on curse: search for LSRaidAdmin and LSRaidClient. You can take some addon communication code from there if you decide to use "client" and "admin" parts.

#26 Blacksen

Blacksen

Executor

•  Patrons
  • 1344 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:34 AM

Just released a major update today for players that were using multiple languages across clients. While all whispers/text in the addon is still in English, it will at least work now on all language clients.

#27 Blacksen

Blacksen

Executor

•  Patrons
  • 1344 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

Just released another update to localize the add-on for French and Russian. If you want to contribute to translations, you can go to the following website: Loot Council Lite - Localization - WoW AddOns - CurseForge.com

#28 Waitwaitokgo

Waitwaitokgo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

Blacksen,

Love the mod - currently running it with the raid leader.

We're running into issues when people whisper main/off at the end of the loot items. Our master looter gets tons of errors (not sure on the extact error, but I can post this if needed)

The work around at the moment seems to be to make people link their current item, then link the item again followed by main or off. Doing it this way does not produce any errors.

#29 Blacksen

Blacksen

Executor

•  Patrons
  • 1344 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

We're running into issues when people whisper main/off at the end of the loot items. Our master looter gets tons of errors (not sure on the extact error, but I can post this if needed).

Hey Waitwaitokgo,

This was an error with the swap to localization. It was fixed in yesterday's new version. Let me know if you run into any more problems!

#30 Blacksen

Blacksen

Executor

•  Patrons
  • 1344 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:42 AM

Just letting everyone know, I've fixed the "random council member not showing up" error. I also added a "test" frame that lets you see who's on the council at any time, even when a session isn't running. If someone's not on the council but should be, it will even tell you the reason that they're not showing up!

Simply type /lc test to bring up the new test frame!

#31 Palmer

Palmer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:42 PM

I apologize if this is included, I am reading this from work and have not actually downloaded the mod yet. Is there a way to transfer data from one person to another? IE, if I am the raid master, but I am out of town for a week, can I easily transfer the data in game to another officer so that we have a concise history?

I would hate to think that this if someone isn't on one night, all of the data is lost, or not complete.

#32 Blacksen

Blacksen

Executor

•  Patrons
  • 1344 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

I apologize if this is included, I am reading this from work and have not actually downloaded the mod yet. Is there a way to transfer data from one person to another? IE, if I am the raid master, but I am out of town for a week, can I easily transfer the data in game to another officer so that we have a concise history?

I would hate to think that this if someone isn't on one night, all of the data is lost, or not complete.

The mod currently does not track any data over multiple sessions (other than the normal saved variables).

I just released another update that addresses Blizzard's new cache system. Please report any problems!

#33 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1836 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Are there still any plans for a full version that features raid attendence and such?
We're planning to switch over to a loot council for 4.2 and I'm currently looking for decent addons that'd help to make the theoretically good idea into a practical one.

Stopped Playing

#34 Blacksen

Blacksen

Executor

•  Patrons
  • 1344 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

I haven't had time to get it implemented :-\ Sorry.

It still works for 4.2. We use HeadCount 2 for attendance and items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users