Photo

Druid: Simple Questions/Simple Answers -- Now with FAQ!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#41 Xoddam

Xoddam

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:12 AM

Hi.
Just one simple question. I paly boomkin and with gear from icc 10/25 I got a lot of crit and haste. But when I am using Bonespike (more often then with Nibelung) sometimes happened to my SF that it doesn´t show dmg it dealed, not even show me that sf missed (I have 275 hit) .

Can be this problem with interface? I have friend, he si palying boomkin too. He said to me that this sometimes heppened to him too.

Thank you

This problem is often because you have so many numbers ticking that the crit damage is actually stacked well above the targets head. I find the if i zoom in and aim the camera facing directly above the mob i can see all my crits.

My question is - @lvl 80 - while under the effect of bloodlust and potion of speed - how much haste do you need to make a nature graced Starfire only 1 second cast?

#42 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:28 AM

My question is - @lvl 80 - while under the effect of bloodlust and potion of speed - how much haste do you need to make a nature graced Starfire only 1 second cast?

Don't have a spreadsheet handy, but should be:

(3/(1.3*1.2*1.03*1.03*1.05) - 1)*3279 = 2381 haste, so 1881 before the potion, or 1541 before potion+Hyperspeeds. I wouldn't worry about it.

#43 Imbrium

Imbrium

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

Is it always advisable to use a trinket with Berserk and then let it sit on cooldown for a minute until Berserk is off cooldown (assuming a 2 min cooldown trinket)? I assume this is going to be dependent on the fight length and the trinket in question, so is there any tool that can model this type of thing? If not, does anyone know the most accurate way to calculate which option is optimal?

#44 Bonemage

Bonemage

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:13 AM

Is it always advisable to use a trinket with Berserk and then let it sit on cooldown for a minute until Berserk is off cooldown (assuming a 2 min cooldown trinket)? I assume this is going to be dependent on the fight length and the trinket in question, so is there any tool that can model this type of thing? If not, does anyone know the most accurate way to calculate which option is optimal?

A time to die monitor and a trinket monitor.

Most fights you get 2 berserks, most trinkets have a 2 min or less cooldown, which usually leads to being able to delay berserk to stack. If time for the boss to live - 20 > trinket cooldown and you will not get another berserk you should hold off on berserk to combine it with the trinket. However if the trinket is a haste boost (can't think of any, but my memory is not exhaustive) you shouldn't bother waiting since haste does not stack with berserk. If berserk is off cooldown and you will have a haste trinket come off cooldown before the boss dies you should pop berserk asap and then pop the trinket once berserk is over. Reason being haste's main benefit is a higher chance of OoC procs which are devalued by bersek. This is also why your haste pot should be popped when not berserking, ideally with bloodlust.

#45 Equalibrium

Equalibrium

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

With regards to resto, what is the value of T10 2pc and 4pc set bonuses? More specifically, what is the value if it means I'll be missing the haste cap? Since so many T10 are sitting with crit instead of haste, I'll take a huge hit to my haste that will keep me from being capped if I push for getting 4T10. This problem is further compounded by the fact that I only do 10man raiding, and 25m pugs generally can't get past Saurfang. I wouldn't be breaking any T9 set bonuses regardless.

Anyone have any tips, or maybe an "effective healing value" of 4t10?

#46 Grend

Grend

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

Is it worth putting 5 points in Feral Aggression if you always have a retribution paladin in the raid with 2/2 Vindication?

If the retribution paladin is always on the same target that you are tanking, no.

#47 RuuddieBoy

RuuddieBoy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

With regards to resto, what is the value of T10 2pc and 4pc set bonuses? More specifically, what is the value if it means I'll be missing the haste cap? Since so many T10 are sitting with crit instead of haste, I'll take a huge hit to my haste that will keep me from being capped if I push for getting 4T10. This problem is further compounded by the fact that I only do 10man raiding, and 25m pugs generally can't get past Saurfang. I wouldn't be breaking any T9 set bonuses regardless.

Anyone have any tips, or maybe an "effective healing value" of 4t10?

I am interested in this as well, and also interested in the value of 4T9. I currently am still using 4T9 (232) for the setbonus, instead of using my T10 (264) gloves and ICC10 legs.

Rawr says 4T9 is really good, according to it the best upgrades are going full 245 T9 for me. Unless I'd go full T10 ofc. Should I value 4T9 really that high? I only have 19% crit anyway.

#48 Kahcheeta

Kahcheeta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

I think it has been mentioned in other threads that you should generally not break your 4t9 before you have 4t10.

#49 Equalibrium

Equalibrium

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

What about the case where I have no T9? And I suppose we focus on 25mans here but is there any "general consensus" on the value of 4T10 on a 10man/10man hardmodes level? Since I can (and in an AoE situation, probably will) keep rejuv up on all 10 raid members, I'm thinking of grabbing the T10 and just not using it until I have haste gear to keep myself capped.

#50 treebus

treebus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

What about the case where I have no T9? And I suppose we focus on 25mans here but is there any "general consensus" on the value of 4T10 on a 10man/10man hardmodes level? Since I can (and in an AoE situation, probably will) keep rejuv up on all 10 raid members, I'm thinking of grabbing the T10 and just not using it until I have haste gear to keep myself capped.

Do you run Rapid Rejuv? If so then 4T10 is nice for 'catching up' to get 10 rejuvs back up when you spend a GCD on something other than WG/Rejuv. It's definitely more valuable on 25 man, but it's not wasted on 10 man as long as you are running RR.

If you don't run with RR, then it's pretty much useless, as you should almost always have full raid coverage with rejuvs.

Either way, there's not much point in not wearing the gloves and legs (since you aren't breaking 4T9) since they are nicely itemized pieces and while 2T10 isn't amazing, you basically get it for free.

Eventually you'll find yourself with so much haste on your gear anyway that you can drop in 2-3 crit pieces and still be capped, and at that point you might as well grab the 4 piece bonus (usually helm/shoulders since the badge chest is a really nice offpiece if you don't have access to 277 gear)

#51 Ischemic

Ischemic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:24 AM

On the forums I read the trauma overwrites mangle, do i need to refresh mangle when trauma is applied or do I just track that it is on the boss as well? Is there anything else that overwrites mangle. It keeps dropping off the boss the second or two after I apply it. thanks in advance for the help.

#52 iwog

iwog

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

No dont need to mangle with an arms warrior or bear tank in your raid. Just track their buffs and enjoy.

#53 autrui

autrui

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

I have a question, one that might be good for the feral/bear FAQ--I've seen it asked before, but...well, let me get on with it.

Why does Rawr tell me to gem for Agility as a bear tank? Everything I read from human beings says to gem Stamina, using Agi/Stam reds to pick up good socket bonuses.

I've seen this asked before, and the most common response is to make sure you've got the Chill of the Throne debuff checked. I've got it checked, and I've got all the appropriate buffs/debuffs checked (including the ICC 15%). The only way I can get it to gem for Stamina is to raise the Target Damage to something ridiculous, like 900,000. But when I do that, I'm concerned it overvalues Stam; it doesn't use Agi/Stam gems in red sockets for good socket bonuses.

What does one need to do to get it to gem with what the community seems to think is the ideal gemming?

(Also, why is this problem happening in Rawr, and can it be fixed?)

#54 Druidiful

Druidiful

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:01 PM

Autrui - Try setting the Survival Soft Cap to something around 350,00 or 400,000. Right now it sounds like you are running into the survival soft cap that was put in place back when T9 raids were the hardest out there. Now ICC bosses hit a lot harder, especially on heroic modes.

#55 pdpeleven

pdpeleven

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

I have a resto druid who is just shy of the haste softcap assuming full 25man raid buffs (and no NG/CF). However, rawr wants to replace all my haste or haste+something gems with int or int+something, and doesn't even include any haste gems among its predefined gemming templates (I added reckless, quick, intricate). I thought the common wisdom now was to go for the haste softcap and after that spellpower, while the mana pool shouldn't be a huge issue. Is there perhaps some setting I'm missing to convince rawr to value haste? Thanks.

Edit: I have the relevant custom gemming templates turned on. The only way I've found to get rawr to pick anything with haste is to uncheck all its builtin gemming templates and include only gems with haste in the custom templates. I've added several custom templates with no int, e.g., all quick is one option; another is reckless, quick, intricate, quick; a third is runed, quick, purified, quick (plus in each case a meta of course); and so on. With various combinations of custom templates turned on, rawr always prefers the template with the least haste. I also have "Ignore haste from Nature's Grace..." checked. (In my real gear, I'm not using only quick gems; instead I'm matching color for sufficiently attractive socket bonuses as well as activating the meta, so have 852/856 haste.)

#56 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

It's been a little while since I used Rawr for Resto, but, make sure it's not averaging Nature's Grace into your haste and underestimating the cap.

#57 Moonzi

Moonzi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:20 PM

I know the rule of thumb for gemming is reckless till haste capped and then SP, but what's the real downfall of using the luminous gems in yellow (12sp 10int) once you are haste capped? with my current gear all I saw was a 45sp (might not be exact) increase. It may not have a tremendous amount of effect of crit, mana, and mana regen but it allows for the socket bonus also. Just curious, thanks.

#58 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

4 spellpower is still better than 10 Int. The Int barely adds anything of worth.

#59 bule

bule

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:21 AM

Is it bad to be over the haste cap? In best possible gear i can obtain i should have ~800 haste rating. Should i worry about it?

#60 OleFrosty

OleFrosty

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

What happened to the resto itemization thread? I was going to post to ask about the new Ruby Sanctum trinket, and if anyone has played with it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users