Photo

Druid: Simple Questions/Simple Answers -- Now with FAQ!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#101 Ikkusa

Ikkusa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

Quick resto question about looking at a WoL parse - what do each of the three "Rejuvenation" spells stand for? I am guessing they are the 1) actual ability, 2) the t10 proc, and 3) the initial heal that each provides, but I'm not certain.

The parse is here: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

The first one is the Rejuvenation spell itself, the second one (4th spot on "Healing by spell") the instant tick (it has the same buff gained numbers on the targets as your main Rejuvenation), and the 3rd one is the t10 proc (9th spot on "Healing by spell", small number of affected players, other numbers of buffs gained per targets).

/edit: For clarification to differentiate between the 3 spells:

- The normal Rejuvenation is the only one that can have crit ticks (unless the 4t10 proc spell gets fixed in that direction)
- The GotEM initial tick does not have an uptime, since its an instant one-time tick for each normal Rejuvenation. There are no crit ticks aswell.
- The 4t10 proc does have an uptime, but no crit ticks.

#102 shapeshift

shapeshift

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hello,

My question pertains to professions in Cataclysm. What do you think is the ideal combination of professions for a Restoration Druid?

Currently, I have Inscription/Tailoring. Inscription provides roughly the same amount of Intellect as the rest of the crafting professions, but Tailoring is debatable in my opinion. While it is true the cloak enchant provides a significant mana return, Intellect is considered a regen stat in Cataclysm (more mana from Innervate, Replenishment, etc) as well increased spellpower. So my question is does the mana return from the Tailoring cloak enchant outweigh the Intellect gained from other professions?

Thanks in advance!

#103 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

We haven't explicitly talked about this much on the Resto thread, actually, as far as I recall. Leatherworking is defintely strong. Beyond that, it's a bit tricky. Engineering was always attractive due to Nitros, but those seem to be nerfed now. Other than that, BS/JC/Alch/Inscription/Enchanting are roughly the same. Tailoring is probably weak. I'll probably post in this in more detail soon.

#104 Winterblüte

Winterblüte

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hi,

I didn't found an answer somewhere else, so I try this section:
At this moment I'm specced Resto/Balance. I'm thinking about dropping Balance and taking Feral for the leveling phase. I hope to have fewer downtimes while leveling.
What do you think? Equip is nearly the same (around a GS of 6k).

Thanks from Germany
Winterblossom

#105 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Knowing nothing about Feral, I'd give a strong guess that it's better merely due to 30% run speed. That's a benefit that's hard to top for leveling. If you were asking about mana though, I don't think it's a major issue for leveling Balance.

#106 shapeshift

shapeshift

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

Thanks Hamlet. I will probably just level up Leatherworking anyway; worst case scenario, I will still be able to craft some gear and benefit from Leather Specialization.

Anyway speaking of leveling:

I'm trying to come up with the ideal way to level 80-85 as boomkin. With the talent Lunar Shower, do you think Moonfire spam would a viable way to kill mobs?

This spec Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft takes all the mana saving talents, so it should be sustainable. However, I'm unable to find exact numbers on how much Moonfire would hit for in Cataclysms greens and other leveling gear. I know mobs have nearly 100k health at level 85, so Moonfire spam would probably be unlikely to work, but I'm still curious.

#107 oopsminded

oopsminded

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:10 AM

Two problems:

1. Malfurion's Gift - "Whenever you heal with your Lifebloom spell, you have a 4% chance to cause Omen of Clarity."

Does that mean that ticks on full health targets don't proc it? Is there any internal cooldown of the OoC proc?

2. Nature's Ward - "Whenever you take an attack while at or below 50% health, you have a 100% chance to automatically cast Rejuvenation on yourself with no mana cost."

Is that description accurate? It "feels" like the talent, after the first week nerfs, actually works at a lower health value than that. And I'm sure they introduced an internal cooldown for it with those nerfs. Any idea what that cooldown is?

Thanks

#108 Blakhoof

Blakhoof

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

Quick question, I know moonkin and resto can now effectively use their tauren racial war stomp now. Does anyone know if there is plans on making this possible as a bear as well?

#109 gummerbear

gummerbear

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

There isnt a reason to let bear druids use warstop in form since they already have one stun ability and interrupt. So i cant see them doing this in the future.

#110 Duskz

Duskz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:04 AM

There isnt a reason to let bear druids use warstop in form since they already have one stun ability and interrupt. So i cant see them doing this in the future.

I wouldn't imagine it having any negative, or unbalancing, effect in either PvP or PvE. The "additional" stun in PvP is more of a minor nuissance than any real type of threat seeing that it would merely allow the feral to stay in form when stomping. With this being said I would also like to clarify that I have little PvP experience as of lately, though it still seems theoretically sound. Additionally, the only benefit it would have for PvE is trash mobs, but this may actuall be a good solution to our Mastery shield situation when tanking multiple mobs (seeing that the value of our mastery drops significantly when holding large packs of mobs). While I believe that there would be no significant advantage verse other tanks when using the ability like described, I'd still waiver on the cautious side before stating anything exact.

More directly - while there is no defined reason as of yet to add this ability to bear, it should not be insinuated to be a useless future addition. Is it likely for them to add it in the future? Anyone's guess.

#111 kalbear

kalbear

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

The same argument could be made for tauren warriors, yet they get a warstomp. Same with Tauren Paladins. Or Night Elf Rogues with shadowstep. Redundant abilities for class/specs are a reason to pick that race, not a reason to go away from them.

It's simply a low priority for them and chances are the change would require a lot of work for little gain. That's why it's been pushed back. They've stated that they want it to happen.

#112 david0925

david0925

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

Does Mastery serve a purpose for leveling as a Feral Cat aside from maybe instance boss fights, seeing how Bleeds are usually not significant amount of damage for leveling?

#113 Slott

Slott

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:57 AM

I'd say your major focus for leveling is definitely agility. Will it be worth reforging every green and blue quest piece you obtain along the way to 85? Probably not. Mastery will still be of great value to rake, but since we won't be ripping every mob (and moreso mangle rake mangle or something) it'll decline in value for that.

Similarly, talents like rend and tear take a nosedive for leveling, since you won't be shredding and probably won't FB all that often. I plan to run with this spec:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (no master shapeshifter til 81)
and using two oracle trinkets (restore 80 energy after each kill)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users