210 replies to this topic

#1 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

The Sacred and the Corrupt - Quest - World of Warcraft
  • Only one blood can be looted from both Festergut and Rotface.
  • They cannot be traded in the lootwindow as they are quest items (I think?)

A Feast of Souls - Quest - World of Warcraft

Mobs that used to give Souls but do no longer:
  • Critters
  • The rep-less/loot-less mobs that attack the npcs at the entrance
  • Everything on the gunship
  • Blood beasts on Saurfang
  • Severed Essences (spawned from the Valkyr after Saurfang)
  • Zombies from Precious
  • The bugs in Putricide's "trap"
  • Marrowgar's Bone Spikes

Mobs that still do:
  • Deathwhisper adds
  • Rotface Oozes (only the big ones now though)
  • Putricide's Oozes
  • The Geists that spawn from the traps in the Plagueworks (do these traps still respawn?)

After completing the initial quests you will always debuff every mob you hit in the instance with Shadow's Fate - Spell - World of Warcraft which upon death will grant you one Soul. It's entirely possible for a warrior or ret paladin who's tanking a 10 man to just Demo Shout/Holy Wrath on the pull the debuff the whole pack and then swap to a sword and shield. Even abilities that do no damage will trigger the debuff so even Taunt, Chains of Ice, Desecration, Death Grip, etc will debuff the mobs.

Unholy Infusion - Quest - World of Warcraft

The first of the three Infusion quests. Even though there is an achievement to not slow Oozes on Putricide at all this may end up trickier than one would assume. If you are on this part of the quest series you will need to control the Abomination on Putricide. There will be an extra ability on your bar called Shadow Infusion - Spell - World of Warcraft (6th ability on your bar). This will require a bit of extra managing with your energy, as it will drain your whole bar. Considering the buff only lasts 6 minutes too you will want to time this quite specifically. Personally I used this ability at ~5:30 left to the hard enrage as we obviously wouldn't last much longer past that. Sadly as it's also a buff you will be required to be alive as Putricide dies (unconfirmed, but the buff definitely fades when you die). A few pointers for the Abomination controlling:
  • Gathering 100 energy is not as hard as it looks. At several points you will be capped due to the next point v.
  • Revitalize (the Druid talent) and Rapture (the Priest talent) both grant energy to the abomination.
  • Timing when to cast this ability (4 second cast) will be vital. Even though it sounds counterintuitive not slowing the Volatile Ooze will be less painful than the Gas Cloud. People that have done the achievement know this.
Considering many guilds will use a tank in the Abomination this is a little annoying for those who can't tank. But certainly not that big of a deal, his hard enrage is usually not the problem.

Blood Infusion - Quest - World of Warcraft

The second of the three Infusion quests. The easiest of all three, I think. After soaking a single tick of the Blood Mirror ability you will gain this debuff: Gushing Wound - Spell - World of Warcraft. After that you have to make sure that you are among the first people to be bitten as the quest requires you to satisfy your vampirey needs. This involves biting 3 people in total, the debuff will become more potent everytime, however. The damage is not a big deal, though as you will heal up enough from the Essence of the Blood Queen. During the airphases however you will need some extra attention. After biting enough people you will gain Thirst Quenched - Spell - World of Warcraft and you are free to kill her.

Special note to Paladins: Don't Divine Shield! It will remove the Gushing Wound stacks!

Anyone that has done this step feel free to jump in.

Frost Infusion - Quest - World of Warcraft

The last of the Infusion quests. This quest will require you to get hit four times with Sindragosa's frontal breath attack: Frost Breath - Spell - World of Warcraft. Again this will require cooldown usage from your part and the raid's healers. Sadly that is not all, you will also be affected by Frost Infusion - Spell - World of Warcraft which stacks up to four times, one for each breath - meaning that you will be taking 2k damage per second once you have taken the breath four times.

AMS prevents you from getting the Frost Breath debuff, meaning you will not suffer any additional penalty besides the ticking dot. As for Humans, you can trinket the debuff again meaning no real DPS loss. Everyone else is screwed, I'm afraid.

Wearing 3 pieces of Frost Resistance completely trivialises the damage you will take, since it will also reduce the damage from the ticking dot. You might want to still rotate a cd on each breath you take as a precaution.

I would advise against tanking her as tanks seem to be the squishiest of them all on this boss in phase 3. I speak from personal experience!

Last but not least - sadly the quest appears to be very buggy, which seems to be completely linked to you getting Frost Tombed as she dies. If you get tombed you definitely will want your raid to break you out before finishing her off. GMs will grant you credit depending on their mood though, so if you are one of the unlucky ones that didn't get quest credit - ticket a GM!

The Splintered Throne - Quest - World of Warcraft

Val'anyr style collecting quest.
  • Every normal mode boss has a 25-49% chance to drop a Shard.
  • Every hard mode boss has a 50 - 99% chance to drop a Shard. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEED DROP. ITS VERY HIGH.

#2 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

So the Blood-Queen quest. As much as a pain as I assume it is? Has anyone completed this step yet? Or attempted it? How much damage of the Blood Mirror do you need to absorb?

#3 Anduryondon

Anduryondon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

Blood Infusion - Quest - World of Warcraft

The second of the three Infusion quests. I haven't done this step yet but will be attempting it this reset. You will need to soak some (how much?) of the Blood Mirror - Spell - World of Warcraft ability. This hits the target closest to her target. Considering this will hurt quite a bit it all depends on how much damage you have to take from it. If it's only one hit it will require a bit of cooldown juggling in coordination with the healers. All in all sounds the easiest part of this step. The next step is to get bitten. Depending on what exactly this quest needs you to do this could prove quite painful.. I will assume that yet again you will need to be alive to get credit. If it requires you to actually get bitten, wait 60 seconds to trigger Frenzied Bloodthirst - Spell - World of Warcraft (as I assume it does) and then bite someone then you need to be one of the last few to get bitten as essentially you only have a few minutes to kill her once you get bitten. Depending on whether the RNG picks you or not as one of her actual targets this could cause a bit of frustration. Tanking her seems to be one of the better options as I assume she can not arbituary target the offtank/maintank until everyone else has the debuff?

I am not on this step so far, but I think it does not matter if you get bitten early, because the buff lasts 6 minutes and you have only ~5:30 min for killing Lana'thel. Tanking her is in my opinion a bad option, because you need the buff on your dps to beat her soft-enrage.

#4 Anduryondon

Anduryondon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

Thirst Quenched - Spell - World of Warcraft This is the buff for killing Lana'thel, while Gushing Wound - Spell - World of Warcraft is the one you have to deal with maybe for the whole fight or just until you have Thirst Quenched, not really sure on this one.

#5 Zimeron

Zimeron

Cookies!

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Tanking her seems to be one of the better options as I assume she can not arbituary target the offtank/maintank until everyone else has the debuff?

One of the tanks, was the OT at the time, got bitten by her first last night, so it would appear to not care who is tanking when selecting targets for the debuff.

#6 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

Thirst Quenched - Spell - World of Warcraft This is the buff for killing Lana'thel, while Gushing Wound - Spell - World of Warcraft is the one you have to deal with maybe for the whole fight or just until you have Thirst Quenched, not really sure on this one.

You most likely have Gushing Wound - Spell - World of Warcraft from the first Blood Mirror until you bite someone. I guess it's not enough to get hit by the Blood Mirror once or else it would be too easy for DKs.

#7 Mendoza

Mendoza

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

One of the tanks, was the OT at the time, got bitten by her first last night, so it would appear to not care who is tanking when selecting targets for the debuff.

It doesn't particularly matter if the OT gets bitten (other than it being more desirable for it to be a high dps raid member). It very much matters if your MT gets bitten. Most likely she'll bite anyone but the MT.

#8 Nereid

Nereid

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

Just tried to complete the Blood part of the chain, but failed as I wasn't aware that I would be getting another buff to tell me when we are good to go and finish Blood Queen off. But anyway, you get Gushing Wound - Spell - World of Warcraft instantly when you step in to the Blood Mirror, then another stack of it when you bite someone. As it turns out from looking at the spells on wowhead, Gushing Wound stacks to three, so you have to bite someone at least two times to eventually get your (the axes) thirst quenched. Maybe three times to go from three stacks of the debuff to buff? If the latter is the case, you would have to be the first person to get bitten after the first random bite. That can get annoying as you get -10% damage done and around 1k dps dot on you, per stack.

Hope that helps some, and hopefully I'm getting it done next week aswell.

#9 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:24 PM

Anti-Magic Shell makes you immune to Blood Mirror and you can't get it, but strafing through the tank with some cooldowns does work very good.

#10 micronSD

micronSD

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

Another issue with the Frost Infusion quest is that Sindragosa apparently cleaves as well.

#11 Greysir

Greysir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

Has anyone successfully done this yet? We've got 13 attempts to work on her tonight and I'm on that part of the chain, so I'll post anything new I learn (but the more I know going into it would make me a happier camper!)

From what folks said above plus scouring comments/threads on other boards, you get Gushing Wound from having the Blood Mirror debuff even briefly, but we may need a 3 stack since folks did what was listed in the quest and failed to complete the quest. You seem gain another when you bite someone, but did anyone try gaining Blood Mirror more than once? It seems logical (sort of) that you may need to subject yourself to it more than once, or for some period of time, to be analogous to the repeated Frost Breaths from Sindragosa and gaining stacks of a debuff... although Nereid gaining a 2nd debuff when he bit someone kind of counters that logic. Hrpmh.

#12 Greysir

Greysir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

Another issue with the Frost Infusion quest is that Sindragosa apparently cleaves as well.

Assuming the frost breath cone has a longer range than the cleave, you could circle around to the front to get hit by the breath but not the cleave... it just means lower dps time

#13 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

The blood infusion is fairly simple. Get hit by Blood Mirror for any mount, bite three people and survive of course.

Assuming the frost breath cone has a longer range than the cleave, you could circle around to the front to get hit by the breath but not the cleave... it just means lower dps time

The breath applies a (stackable) movement speed debuff plus the cleave range of a dragon is normally very high.
On the PTR the debuff was dispellable I think, but that could have changed. Plus when you can barely move you have to eat the explosion, too. Tanking her will be the easiest way by far.

#14 Killme888

Killme888

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

In the earlier stages of PTR it was dispellable, but was changed later on.

#15 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

Completed the Blood Infusion quest too, confirming that you need to bite 3 different people then your Gushing Wound Debuff will go and you are good to go to kill her.

#16 MatsT

MatsT

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

Blood Queen will always bite the top threat except the MT. This makes it fairly easy to control who gets bitten if you want. If you don't want to bother with this it should be plenty enough to get the first player bite. On our attempts the late stages of the fight were very chaotic and we had quite a few people mind controlled or dead when she finally died. Unless you're very confident you're probably not gonna want to waste any tries, so make sure to keep the player alive.

#17 Jagiya

Jagiya

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. The threat mechanics of the random bite seem to match that of the Eredar Twins Shadowfury/Conflagrate in Sunwell (minus the cross-over). Lana'thel appears to pick (at random) anyone from the top 1-5 of her threat list, ignoring her current target of course.

We tested this a bit lastnight in our Alt raid, intentionally controlling and recording each pull to predict the first Bite target - disproving the "always #2 threat target" theory and confirming that she certainly never roams beyond the top #5 threat targets.

#18 Baklava09

Baklava09

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

Blood Queen bites the highest damage. We tested this out tonight.

#19 Lilbitters

Lilbitters

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:28 AM

Blood Queen bites the highest damage. We tested this out tonight.

We tried this as well and found it incorrect also (kind of).

We have had 100% success with her biting the first person to hit her though. Which typically will be the person with the highest damage at th e15 second mark.

I, as a hunter, would initiate the pull with a MD and got it every time once we told all the other DPS to delay their casts 2 seconds after the pull.

#20 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:38 AM

I'm planning to go to Onyxia for some testing. I want to see if I can strafe into a breath and back without getting hit by a cleave. The cleave timing from Onyxia is the interesting point, since she should basically work like Sindragosa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users