210 replies to this topic

#201 Sealpup

Sealpup

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

Some help needed!

I have received my [Sealed Chest], and then turned in for [Unsealed Chest]. Inside the [Unsealed Chest] I received 5 Soulbound items.

I was able to turn in [Alexandros' Soul Shard] for [Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger] at Darion Mograine successfully, but that was it. No other NPCs would take any other items, and has no ! or ? on top of their heads.

Where have you guys turned in yours to acquire the rest? Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

Update edit: Gia was right, the NPCs were there when Lich King was defeated, including Sylvanas! They even each had an individual roleplaying speech.

#202 gia

gia

♥

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:11 AM

The other turn in NPCs (Uther, Jaina, Sylvanas, Muradin) only spawn at the entrance of Icecrown Citadel after you have killed the Lich King. (and possibly only in 25 player mode, not 100% sure)

Oh and for the record, just to clear up past confusions in this thread about the . The source of most players' issues with the quest line breaking is that the chest will only drop from the Lich King if you have The Lich King's Last Stand active in your quest log. If you turn in that quest without looting the chest you will be unable to get it to drop later.

Vendemiaire: Yes, the chest only drops from LK25. Yes, if you complete it in 10 man you will have to ticket a GM. The workaround is to keep the quest in your log and not complete it until you actually get the Sealed Chest to drop.

#203 Ayle

Ayle

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:36 AM

I read through the thread and checked on wowhead but was unable to get a confirmation. If one person has completed the three infusion quests can the shard be looted to anybody who is on these quests? Or must they be completed to be masterlooted the shards?

#204 The Cheat

The Cheat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

You need to have The Splintered Throne in your quest log in order to be eligible to be looted Shards.

#205 Rogtar

Rogtar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

Question about the Sealed Chest:
looking at the posted screenshots of GM tickets, I am under the impression, the Sealed Chest drops like the following:
- as a 100% quest drop while having "The Lich King's Last Stand" in one's quest log
- as a rare drop with low drop chance after completing said quest.

Correct? And if so, has there been any confirmed second dropd anywhere?

#206 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1032 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

Question about the Sealed Chest:
looking at the posted screenshots of GM tickets, I am under the impression, the Sealed Chest drops like the following:
- as a 100% quest drop while having "The Lich King's Last Stand" in one's quest log
- as a rare drop with low drop chance after completing said quest.

Correct? And if so, has there been any confirmed second dropd anywhere?

There have been no reported second drops of the sealed chest. All evidence points to it being a one time only thing. The discrepancies I think we've seen have come from bugs where the quest was acting funny when first implemented or players would beat Arthas in 10man instead of the intended 25man.

#207 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

I get soul fragments from secondary targets when using Pestilence on the PTR. It doesn't work on the live servers.

#208 gia

gia

♥

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

I get soul fragments from secondary targets when using Pestilence on the PTR. It doesn't work on the live servers.

It does work on live servers. The application of Blood Plague procs 1 fragment for each target. (Frost Fever does not)
I just checked on the PTR and it's behaving exactly the same.

I mentioned it in this post: http://elitistjerks....p8/#post1613047

#209 Izarus

Izarus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

I have a question to those who have Shadowmourne and completed or are in process of completing quests involving Sealed/Unsealed Chest. I'd like to see descritpions and turn-ins of those quests yet there is nothing on Wowhead or Wowwiki so i thought that someone who's doing those quests could post them here. Don't want speeches of NPCs, I'd like to see what is in quest descriptions' of those 5 quests.

#210 Ween

Ween

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:22 AM

I got mine... uhm... 2 weeks go i think. I don't remember there being much in the way of quest text.

Here's your 5 items. None of them show anything in the way of quest text.

Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger
Muradin's Favor
Jaina's Locket
Tabard of the Lightbringer
Sylvanas' Music Box

There's about 45-60 seconds of RP after you hand in each item however.

Essentially, you are giving each person back an item that was theirs, which Arthas had in his posession.

#211 Guest_Amphera_*

Guest_Amphera_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hey guys,

After quite some time i decided to continue my questline for the legendary Shadowmourne.
The infusion quests were pretty easy @ 85 in a (almost) full raid. But i'm having trouble getting the shards with my guild.
Me and my friends are in a small guild with just a few members. And with 4-5 peeps, it's been hard to beat ICC 25man.

Maybe we'll try again in a week or so. Since 4.3 everyone has gotten better gear, so maybe we'll be able to beat the damn enrage timers.

I was wondering if someone had any tips on how to get the shards? (besides the obvious; bringing more people ;p )

Some things i've come across:

- Marrowgar doesn't bone spike goblins or worgen. ( Blizz forgot to add them in his list.)
- You can do some hard bosses on 10 man difficulty and then go on from there on 25man. (They share raid lockout)
- I've heard rumors of some blue posts regarding the possibility of shards dropping from 10man heroic. Can anyone confirm this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users