• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#21 Baalzaman

Baalzaman

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:11 AM

Lana'thel seems to ignore threat when she is biting - I managed to get bitten twice in a row despite having Mirror Images active. Another mage in the raid had the same experience.

#22 Broxx

Broxx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

For those still needing to farm souls but clear the instance early so you can't get into the rep farm groups, the giest traps in the plague wing reset even if Putricide is dead. I just went in with four people in both 10 and 25 and got an extra 20 or so souls for each of them including the 10 man val'kyrs.

#23 Fargom

Fargom

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

Crunched some quick numbers to see how long we can expect to farm shards after completing the infusions, there seems to be a giant difference depending on how quick your guild is going to attempt hardmodes.

Normal Mode:

Drop rate between 25-49% depending on boss, this averages to a 37% drop rate amongst all 12 bosses. 37% chance for a shard drop to occur, and 12 chances. Average shards per run = ~~4.5 (4.44)

50 Shards required, 4.5 per week = 11 weeks of clearing the instance on normal mode.

Hard mode

50-100 drop rate, average drop rate of 75% amongst all 12 bosses. Average shards per run = 9

50 Shards required, 9 per week = 5.5 weeks of clearing on full hardmode.

Most of us are probably somewhere in the middle, so I'd estimate on average it will take two months of farming to receive the shards. The second person in your guild will likely get shadowmourne in less weeks than the first, however, due to the nature of progression and the higher drop rate on hardmode encounters.

#24 tarja

tarja

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:19 AM

I completed the Blood Infusion quest tonight, it is extremely easy compared to the Putricide quest. All you need to do is:

1. On the pull, the person on the quest runs in as if they are the health blob offtank. Once you take 1 tick of Blood Mirror damage, run away until it stops targeting you and chooses the actual offtank. Just watch your debuffs for "Gushing Wound", and run away once you get this debuff.
2. Make sure that whoever gets the "random" first bite, chooses to bite the person on the quest first.

From this point on, all you have to do is beat the fight normally, since you will have to bite 3 people before the fight ends. The Gushing Wound DoT is barely noticeable since you heal yourself for so much damage while you are a vampire - the only time it matters at all is while she is airborne

#25 vivante

vivante

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

Any theories about the Frost Infusion part? Is stacking frost resistance gear a viable strat?

#26 Anduryondon

Anduryondon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

Instead stacking frost resistance gear you probably should go for full tank gear, because i doubt you'll do siginifcant damage with 50% attack speed reduction + frost res (correct me if I am wrong).

A sidenote: Do you still get Arthas whispers after completing the 1000 souls quest?

#27 Wiggzie

Wiggzie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

Instead stacking frost resistance gear you probably should go for full tank gear, because i doubt you'll do siginifcant damage with 50% attack speed reduction + frost res (correct me if I am wrong).

A sidenote: Do you still get Arthas whispers after completing the 1000 souls quest?

I have completed the 1000 souls quest and on Unholy Infusion right now and I still am getting whispers.
Resolve <Tichondrius>
http://www.lazyguild.net

#28 okkita

okkita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:50 AM

I have completed the 1000 souls quest and on Unholy Infusion right now and I still am getting whispers.

Not only that, you still apply the Shadow's Fate debuff with your attacks, and you also continue getting the fancy soul drain graphical effect every time a debuffed monster dies.

#29 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

Any theories about the Frost Infusion part? Is stacking frost resistance gear a viable strat?

It's the most difficult infusion.
There are several things you have to consider:
  • AMS could prevent the breath from counting like it does for Blood Mirror.
  • Standing in front of her can get you into cleave range.
  • Each breath debuffs your movement speed by 15% for 90s, so you can't run around.
  • You have to eat the explosion, since you're slowed.
  • Her spell damage could be Frost+X.
The best option is to tank the dragon and the second best is to camp behind the tank. You will need the help of your raid.
DK's have by far the best tools to do this quest.

#30 vivante

vivante

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

It's the most difficult infusion.
There are several things you have to consider:

• AMS could prevent the breath from counting like it does for Blood Mirror.
  • Standing in front of her can get you into cleave range.
  • Each breath debuffs your movement speed by 15% for 90s, so you can't run around.
  • You have to eat the explosion, since you're slowed.
  • Her spell damage could be Frost+X.
The best option is to tank the dragon and the second best is to camp behind the tank. You will need the help of your raid.
DK's have by far the best tools to do this quest.

As a Warrior, don't you need to have the axe out during the frost breaths to get the frost infusions tho? Which would make tanking kinda hard..

#31 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1032 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

As a Warrior, don't you need to have the axe out during the frost breaths to get the frost infusions tho? Which would make tanking kinda hard..

All of the previous quests require that you have the axe equipped during those important phases, this one should be no different. Use of Defensive cooldowns is vital when taking the breathes. If you have a Paladin who is doing it, you can glyph their Hand of Salvation that would help quite a bit and give an extra defensive cooldown. Don't forget too that once you've gotten your 4 breathes you get a DOT style debuff.

#32 vivante

vivante

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

Since the Frost Breath is 60 yards and the cleave is melee range it should be possible to place your quest guy behind the tanks and outrange the cleave. I guess that also means full tanking gear is not needed but perhaps a few pieces of frost resistance gear.

#33 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1453 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

Titan Grip Warriors can go Shadowmourne/Shield should help with survivability a bit, and you can shield wall.
What is the most important thing to you? Won't you grant me the pleasure of taking it away.

#34 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11427 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

I guess that also means full tanking gear is not needed but perhaps a few pieces of frost resistance gear.

There is 130 frost from Aura/Totem, four pieces of frost crafted gear (3x Icebane + a ring), the Sons of Hodir sell a 25 Frost + 30 stamina helm enchant, LW can make a 130 Frost to bracer, and there is a flask with +50 to all resistance (stacks with buffs).

The more Frost Resist the better, assuming the breath and dot can be resisted.

#35 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1032 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

I would imagine that if you somehow fully resisted the frost breathe it would fail to apply a charge to the weapon.

#36 okkita

okkita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

Just a small note for those on the Unholy Infusion quest. The Infuse ability has a casting time of 4 seconds, but there's no casting bar or any other visual sign that it's actually casting. At the end of the cast, your abomination will be surrounded by a explosion of bright green light, and that's all the indication you get that it was cast successfully. If you did it right, when you get dismounted at the beginning of Phase 3, you should have a debuff which looks exactly like the Shadow's Edge icon.

Don't panic when you see nothing happening during the cast, or after it. If you got the green flash of light, you're set. Do not move until you see the light!

#37 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11427 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:51 AM

My castbar showed the four second cast (I use Shadowed Unit Frames), also Quartz would show it (via the vehicle cast bar frame). I had the buff on my list right after I finished channeling the spell, called Shadow Infusion.

#38 okkita

okkita

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:24 AM

My castbar showed the four second cast (I use Shadowed Unit Frames), also Quartz would show it (via the vehicle cast bar frame). I had the buff on my list right after I finished channeling the spell, called Shadow Infusion.

I don't use any castbar or buff addon, and didn't show either of. I specifically checked my buff list after casting it to see if it was there. I'm using the default blizzard buff display, with the compressed buffs option enabled.

#39 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1239 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:23 AM

The proc of Shadowmourne was slightly modified. The Soul Fragment you get from the proc now grants 30 strength (down from 40) but the "final" proc now grants you 270 strength for 10 sec.

All in all slightly better, I think.

#40 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:49 AM

I just found this on wowhead.

(1) Proc Rate: Much more often than the 20% that I get from the spell description. I would say closer to 50 - 75% with NO cooldown. I have a screenshot of getting two procs in the same second.

(2) Stacking: Yes the proc stacks, but only lasts for one minute. So the buff will expire long before you start the BG. However, you can get it stacked to 10 again within a matter of seconds...

(3) CC Breaking: Unfortunately I didn't have time to test this (nor did I have adequate CC being a DK). It's hard to speculate, but I'd go with it breaking CC.

(4) 10 Stacks: You never achieve a full 10 stacks of the buff. As soon as you would hit your tenth stack, the buff is wiped and Chaos Bane is cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users