• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#41 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:53 AM

This axe will be the most ludicrous thing ever if it the procrate is 50-75% with no ICD. Many tears will be shed on Arenajunkies if it's true, I'd take it with a grain of salt though :P.

#42 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:59 AM

The proc rate won't be that high I guess, due to the 10s strength buff. 20% is a realistic value. On the other hand, this is a legendary weapon and you have to expect crazy procs :).

#43 micronSD

micronSD

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:15 AM

Shadowmourne received another buff.

Shadowmourne - Items - Sigrie

Edit: Nvm, someone already posted it. But heres the link anyway so ppl can see.

#44 Cranberry

Cranberry

Banned

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:42 AM

I just found this on wowhead.

Given that it's not obtainable on live servers yet, I'm assuming that's a private server test. Do private servers accurately reflect proc rates and such?

#45 Larisroth

Larisroth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:52 AM

The axe is the big test of Blizzard's ability to balance weapon procs. With the mechanics of the different classes that can use it so varied, and the strength of the fragment build up and final release spells, I'd have thought the only way they can really balance it is to have a high proc rate and some sort of internal cooldown.

Consider especially AoE, DKs have at most 1 strike that'll hit multiple targets and then it's only 2 targets. Divine Storm will hit 4 targets, as will whirlwind. Single target maybe better but given the difficulty they've had balancing a far weaker proc I wouldn't bet on it.
The feral druid is a different beast altogether.

#46 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:52 AM

Given that it's not obtainable on live servers yet, I'm assuming that's a private server test. Do private servers accurately reflect proc rates and such?

Those are PTR values. Someone had the weapon for a short time.

#47 gia

gia

♥

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:04 AM

Is there any way to verify through spell ids if the way the charges stack has also changed? I'm thinking it might not be a straight buff but an attempt at reducing the highs and lows of the stacking effect.

#48 Brakthir

Brakthir

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:46 AM

Anyone else thinking that you don't actually take the full frost breath damage, but rather absorb the damage and just take the stacking frost debuff? Doesn't make sense otherwise. Same thing was thought for Blood Mirror, but it just turns into Gushing Wound.

Frost Infusion - Spell - World of Warcraft says it absorbs it.

#49 MikeMo

MikeMo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:43 AM

Is the OP no longer updating this thread? I'd hate to start a new one if there is another active on around.

#50 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:09 AM

OP's as updated as it can be, no need putting unconfirmed information about the Sindragosa step in there.

#51 DonGuapo

DonGuapo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

As a reminder for Blood infusion, using divine shield will remove your blood stack.

#52 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

The Frost Breath seems to be totally managable as a DK. Resistance gear also works very good in that fight. It's maybe too good, you resist every second breath. You get -15% run speed per breath and the debuff drops in P2.

#53 T.K.

T.K.

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:34 PM

We had our bear experiment his Frost Resist gear for the fight and he even managed to Full resist some breaths, so I'd say that part could be accomplished using a basic frost resist set.

If I remember correctly he had 417 Frost resist, counting Mark and Aura.

#54 Durandal

Durandal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

Does the breath count towards the quest if fully resisted though?

#55 micronSD

micronSD

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

Does AMS prevent the application of a frost breath?

#56 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

Does AMS prevent the application of a frost breath?

That's what I need to know :).
Misses and resists of any kind do count. You're done after like 2mins. You never get a 4th stack, the dot just drops then.

#57 invadersmustdie

invadersmustdie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

I've done the Frost Infusion today, I did it as the second tank, about the AMS thing i havent tryed that, but you gain a debuff for every Breath you take just like in the Blood inf.
With the 4. breath you gain a 6minute Buff to slay Sindragosa I hope it helped you

#58 infin1te

infin1te

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:33 PM

AMS does NOT stop you for doing the frost infusion, tried and confirmed several times.

#59 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

AMS does not prevent the application of the debuff.

[e] Bleh too late

Confirming you need to survive the encounter, died at 12% lost all my buffs including the Infusion one and it didn't come back as I ressed so you'd need to eat another 4 breaths after getting combat ressed.

#60 dr_AllCOM3

dr_AllCOM3

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

Confirming you need to survive the encounter, died at 12% lost all my buffs including the Infusion one and it didn't come back as I ressed so you'd need to eat another 4 breaths after getting combat ressed.

That's part of every infusion quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users