• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#41 Cerula

Cerula

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

Datalord - Well if you look at the warnings that Excel gives you, macros are not safe to use. Macros should only be used on spreadsheets that you trust. Essentially, running a macro can result in someone taking over your computer.

Lemmi - If you could give me the character name and realm that you're trying to load that would be helpful.

Some more items were reported and I added those, tried to fix the bug that Lemmi was having too. Check the initial post for more details.

#42 Syphilisia

Syphilisia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

Item id 48722 is not implemented and is being reported per request ^^

Edit:

Just to test things out, I selected a similar item from the drop-down menu to replace the N/A item. However, even after having replaced the N/A item, I continue to receive erroneous values on the Main page.

Specifically, 'Spell Power' and 'Total Crit %' in the Stats Summary are both returning '#Div/0!'. As a result of those values, obviously damage calculations are not working.

Edit #2:

Also just noticed that pDPS on the Gear_buffs sheet is returning '#####' even with all item slots correctly filled.

#43 Pirotess

Pirotess

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

Reporting ItemID 45618 as missing.

#44 Cerula

Cerula

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

Build 0003 released. Check the initial post for details.

#45 Syphilisia

Syphilisia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

Errors listed above seem fixed.

Stat profitability expressed as negatives, however, is this meant to be?

#46 Datalord

Datalord

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

Datalord - Well if you look at the warnings that Excel gives you, macros are not safe to use. Macros should only be used on spreadsheets that you trust. Essentially, running a macro can result in someone taking over your computer.

I enabled them because this spreadsheet needs macros, and then I posted a warning to all the people downloading the spreadsheet who don't have a virus scanner. I thought this could be trusted, but that was sadly not the case.

#47 Cerula

Cerula

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

I enabled them because this spreadsheet needs macros, and then I posted a warning to all the people downloading the spreadsheet who don't have a virus scanner. I thought this could be trusted, but that was sadly not the case.

False Positive - Learn the term, understand the term.

To further prove that your scanner is generating a false positive I ran this against Trend Micro's Housecall and the latest AVG. Both gave the spreadsheet a clean bill of health. I know what's in the VB scripts and how they work, there is nothing malicious in them. If someone from EJ requires me to post the code I will so more people can confirm this.

#48 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

I scanned it with ArcaVir, asquared, AVAST, AVG, bitdefender, CLAMAV, CPSecure, DRWeb, F-Prot, F-Secure, G-DATA, Ikarus, Kapersky, NOD32, Panda, QuickHeal, Sophos and Virusbuster. No one finds anything. As Cerula stated, it is a false positive on Symantec's part.

The bottom line is VB Scripts and macros are essential to spreadsheets such as these. It's each person's call if they want to use such tools and I encourage you to scan any file(s) you download with your AV program of choice however from everything I can tell the file is clean.
If this signature offends you please complain to the management.

#49 LemmiLemming

LemmiLemming

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

redownloadet the file and tried again ... still the same error

@Cerula Charactername:Fellm ; Region: EU ; Server: Magtheridon ... thats the toon im trying to load

The World of Warcraft Armory - Fellm @ Magtheridon - Profile

#50 fewanesque

fewanesque

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

Hey!

Item 50339 is not implemented, it seems (Trinket: Sliver of Pure Ice).

(Wonderful spreadsheet, by the way)

#51 Lronmckenzie

Lronmckenzie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

On your enchants_consummables tab there's a section for modeling Weapon Stones.

Am i reading correctly that the sheet is only modeling the haste (spellstone) and crit (firestone) components of these?

I'm destro (00/13/58) and the numbers here suggest that I should use the spellstone over the firestone. That gave me some concern because everything else I've ever read tells me to use the firestone.

#52 Mupki

Mupki

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

Spellstone and Firestone are correctly modeled in the spreadsheet, however I don't know the accuracy of the overall destruction model. If anyone can see flaws with it, please post here.

#53 Cerula

Cerula

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

redownloadet the file and tried again ... still the same error

@Cerula Charactername:Fellm ; Region: EU ; Server: Magtheridon ... thats the toon im trying to load

The World of Warcraft Armory - Fellm @ Magtheridon - Profile

Everything loaded fine when I tried. You might need to check some of your settings with Excel.

Attached Files

#54 Syphilisia

Syphilisia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

I think I'm having something of an error...

In the Main Sheet, the Next Stat section: both '+dps' and 'profitability' are returning values in the negative... Is that incorrect?? Because apparently, if I increase any stat, my dps will decrease, according to how I'm reading it :)

#55 Guppeth

Guppeth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

I had that problem when I switched the sheet to my secondary spec. It didn't switch glyphs so I still had Glyphs of Felguard/Quick Decay/Life Tap for a full destro spec. I corrected them manually and that fixed the Next Stat section.

#56 chiyeuk

chiyeuk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

- All the gem bonuses on the gear sheet don't change for me.. they remain as spellpower bonus unless I manually type in something else (however, the value of the bonus changes).

- Items that are shown as an upgrade on the Items sheet, when added to my Gear sheet, decreases my DPS.. for example it says Ring of Rapid Ascent (Heroic) is a 17.6 DPS upgrade from Memory of Malygos (Heroic) but when added to my Gear, my DPS decreases by 6 DPS. Perhaps the Items sheet is not counting the DPS from gems? Since Memory of Malgyos has a yellow socket and socketing a is better than socketing a in the blue socket of Ring of Rapid Ascent.

Edit: the following occurred a few times but somehow it works now.

- The hit % on the main page doesn't change when I take off hit gear or uncheck Heroic Presence, remaining at 17%, other stats seem to.

#57 Cerula

Cerula

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

chiyeuk:
-Ill look into the gem bonuses thing, probably just an oversight. Should be fixed in the next release.
-If you can re-create the dps calculation error you were having please let me know (confirm that it's now working?)
-Ill look at the % hit as well

Guppeth
-There was actually no function to extract your glyph information from your Armory Profile, it would just load what was already there. This should be fixed in the next release.

Syphilisia
-Can you please tell me how exactly you generated this? Did you simply load up your character and then you saw this?

Thank you all for this information.

#58 chiyeuk

chiyeuk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

chiyeuk:
-Ill look into the gem bonuses thing, probably just an oversight. Should be fixed in the next release.
-If you can re-create the dps calculation error you were having please let me know (confirm that it's now working?)
-Ill look at the % hit as well

When I said "the following [...] works now" I meant the % hit (my third point), not the DPS calculation on upgrades (my second point), just wanted to clarify myself so you don't spend lots of time figuring the % hit problem.

Regarding the DPS calculation error:

Sorry, I don't know the behind-the-scenes of this spreadsheet well enough. I don't know what other information I can provide you apart from the numbers I am seeing. The gear I ran the spreadsheet with is the gear shown on my Armory page (except switch out non-heroic Ring of Rapid Ascent with the rings mentioned below) and the spec is my primary affliction one.

The Items worksheet shows:

(Heroic) = 365.6 DPS
(Heroic) = 358.2 DPS

The difference is +7.4 DPS.

The Gear_Buffs worksheet shows:

Equipping (Heroic) with = 9470 DPS
Equipping (Heroic) with = 9487 DPS

The difference is -17 DPS.

(In my previous post, I mentioned a difference of -6 DPS, that one was with BIS gear. This time I tried with my current gear to see if the result is negative again).

I don't think the DPS calculation has to do with recognizing gems as I suggested, I just tried changing the colours of the gems and the DPS of the items changed. Though it could be the DPS value of gems. When I switch a blue socket to a yellow socket, the DPS increase is less than the numbers on the Gems sheet says.

The Gems worksheet shows:

= 37.97 DPS
= 29.77 DPS

The difference is +8.2 DPS.

The Items worksheet shows:

(Heroic) with = 365.6 DPS
(Heroic) with = 368.7 DPS

The difference by manually changing the SOCKET from a blue socket to a yellow socket is +3.1 DPS.

Is it suppose to be that low? But again, I don't know the math functions and relationships in the spreadsheet.. so this is completely a guess and it could also be that I don't understand how the Items sheet and Gear sheet work together.

#59 Cerula

Cerula

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:29 AM

Build 0004 released to fix some bugs. Check the main post for details.

#60 Syphilisia

Syphilisia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:17 AM

chiyeuk:
Syphilisia
-Can you please tell me how exactly you generated this? Did you simply load up your character and then you saw this?

Thank you all for this information.

Yes, it occured as soon as I loaded character from armory. However, not occuring in new release - dps calculations returning normally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users