Photo

Infraction for Jäded: 4. Whining in any form is forbidden.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bartolimu

bartolimu

palpably superior comprehension

• Moderators
  • 13,878 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

User: Jäded
Infraction: 4. Whining in any form is forbidden.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Thanks for your insightful, useful post. Also, remove the URL from your profile's guild name.

Original Post:

I've seen a lot of talk lately about crit/haste... Kinda confused why. As holy pallies, as long as we keep our 676 haste, our gear focus should be exclusively on regen. And seeing how mp5 is significantly better than crit, and ICC offers a much more diverse selection of gear, with the exception of weapons & trinkets, I fail to understand why anyone would have a piece of gear without mp5.

It's my understanding, that the relationships of the stats are roughly:

20 int = 11ish mp5 (12mp5 for a BE) under best case scenarios. 100% replenishment uptime, DP on CD. As DP is used more selectively, the mp5 value drops.
40 crit ~= 10mp5 in a realistic scenario (not 30 HL/min). Pretty sure I pulled this from a post somewhere in the 3.2 thread a while back.

Take for example verse .

9 Stam, 9 Int, 68 crit, 8 haste and 13 SP vs 30 mp5.

I'd take the mp5: Crit is worth 17mp5, equivalently, and the Int is worth 5.4 mp5 + 4.537 mp5 (assuming a 3 min fight - see below), equivalently. Both of these values are under best case scenarios. As it becomes safer to plea, chances are you'll be casting less. As crit gains its value, int loses its, and vice versa. The mp5 is a constant, steady gain the entire time.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to be stacking mp5 in anticipation of ICC hardmodes.

So the wish list on the first page should be ignored? :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users