• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Rz

Rz

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:06 PM

The Shield Slam tooltip currently seems bugged. If you go to respec and read the tooltip at rank 1 it's displayed properly modifing damage based on block value. When you rank up it switchs to AP.

It is just the tooltip, the spell functions the same way - it's always modified by block value, regardless of rank, never AP.

#22 TL-Seria

TL-Seria

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:14 PM

I do know that they changed the agility rating for warriors, like they did with the hunter class. Basically, you need about 26 points of agility for 1% crit come TBC, compared to about 20 now.

is this for level 60? THat's pretty ridiculous, agility is bad enough compared to +crit rating right now.

#23 TL-Seria

TL-Seria

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:25 PM

I don't know a single warrior that does that. 8 str over 8 agi any day of the week...
Agi imo is a pretty horrible stat right now, items like legplates of carnage or PARC are better by a huge margin because they are high str + crit rating.

#24 Shik

Shik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:26 PM

I think it was an issue of balancing with rogues; currently, 100 strength and 100 agility is 200 attack power for both classes, but 10% crit for warriors and only 7% for rogues. Strength is just a horrible stat for rogues compared to agility, but as it stands now, agility is still a pretty good stat compared to strength in the eyes of most warriors. At least judging from how many warriors put +8 agility on every item they can.

Or it's just a bug.

I haven't seen that many warriors stacking Agil. More likely to see +str or +stam on everything.

The complaint is that they significantly changed the crit:agil scaling. Instead of being Level/3 like it has been, it now requires 26 agil per crit at lv60, 31agil at lv67 and is predicted to be 36 agil at lv70.

Will be interesting to see what warriors in endgame BC gear are capable of, they seem to have cracked down extremely hard on crit though.

#25 Eudaimonia

Eudaimonia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

The simple reason you see so many warriors with +8 Agi and +15 Agi enchants is that they don't know much about which enchants give the most dps boost.

#26 Nite_Moogle

Nite_Moogle

I prefer the term treasure hunting

• Allied Members
  • 11288 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:37 PM

You see so many warriors with 8 and 15 agility enchants because they want the dodge, not because they want the DPS.

Eh, my nostalgia goggles aren't as good as they used to be.

#27 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5560 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:56 PM

You see so many warriors with 8 and 15 agility enchants because they want the dodge, not because they want the DPS.

actually i'm pretty sure it's because they're bad at math. heh.

#28 Nite_Moogle

Nite_Moogle

I prefer the term treasure hunting

• Allied Members
  • 11288 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:05 PM

I didn't say it was a good idea, I just said that's what they were after. ;)

Eh, my nostalgia goggles aren't as good as they used to be.

#29 Apate

Apate

Mike Tyson

• Members
  • 18079 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:12 PM

That and the lack of a 15 STR enchant, which could just be another facet of "bad at math." One thing that I do like about agility, however, is that a buff like kings, which does a % increase on your stats, can really shine.

Or am I mistaken, and Kings adds crit rating*.1 or only works off base agility or something?
See you, auntie.

#30 TL-Seria

TL-Seria

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

well let's go through everything there is then

Helmet/pants is +8 str or +8 agility
Gauntlets are only +15 agility, nothing else to be had there
Bracers are only +9 str
Boots are only +7 agility
BP is only +4 stats
shoulders are only +30 AP

So only the libram of Voracity is really up for debate.

As for weapons, on tank weapons I'd really expect +15 agi and on DPS weapons I'd expect Crusader.

#31 Deathwing

Deathwing

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1126 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

Fools! 1% weapon speed on helm and legs is better than 8str or 8agi, if you have flurry. Won't be that way in the expansion though.

#32 TL-Seria

TL-Seria

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:29 PM

Your sheet doesn't work with OO so I can't tell :(

You also see different enchants based on pvp need. For pure dps, 8 str beats 8 agi hands down, but if you're playing a warrior who happens to have low crit at the time and a decent amount of AP, you could still add 8 agi to make a more balanced character, which is what you need for pvp.

I'd personally prefer +100 hp enchant on my PVP stuff.

#33 subscience

subscience

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:15 PM

I'd personally prefer +100 hp enchant on my PVP stuff.

Agreed, though PvP HP becomes much less of a problem once the player gets access to Conqueror's plate. Warriors running around with 3.8K HP in PvP make me whince.

#34 Flavahbeast

Flavahbeast

im chocula

• Moderators
  • 2731 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:59 PM

Fools! 1% weapon speed on helm and legs is better than 8str or 8agi, if you have flurry. Won't be that way in the expansion though.

why not?

#35 Kasi

Kasi

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3454 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

I'm guessing because crit rates won't be as high, as well the addition of resilience in pvp will lower most players crit rates to even lower.

#36 Deathwing

Deathwing

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1126 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:52 AM

Haste will be in ratings now, so they won't multiply. It still might be better, haven't done the math, just won't be as powerfull.

#37 Geo

Geo

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:09 AM

Haste will be in ratings now, so they won't multiply. It still might be better, haven't done the math, just won't be as powerfull.

This is correct partially.

At level 60 1% haste = 10 haste rating and as levels are gained it takes larger amounts of haste rating to maintain that 1% haste just like crit % and hit %.

However the true values are not known at this time on reaching level 70 what 10 haste rating will do (blizzard is actually still adjusting the formulas and every formula is independant of each other)

But i say partially correct because even though its in rating form haste still scales up with gear. It wont scale as good as it does now but higher levels of gear there will be that breaking point where 10 haste rating comes out on top of 8 strength.

editting for speculation however: I forsee haste rating not seeing such a steep curve as say crit ratings on leveling because haste rating has very little to do with pvp like crit. So although haste will be a little nerfed as you reach 70 not nearly as bad as crit. Also would like to point out that even in BC haste rating costs less stat points then basically every other stat. Thats why on some oif the epic craftable gear namely maces it easily gets 200 haste rating instead of 40 ap and 13 crit rating. So haste is relatively cheap in terms of itemization

#38 Emth

Emth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:22 AM

I think it was an issue of balancing with rogues; currently, 100 strength and 100 agility is 200 attack power for both classes, but 10% crit for warriors and only 7% for rogues. Strength is just a horrible stat for rogues compared to agility, but as it stands now, agility is still a pretty good stat compared to strength in the eyes of most warriors. At least judging from how many warriors put +8 agility on every item they can.

Or it's just a bug.

The difference is rogues can do without strength completely while warriors will still want agility, not to mention that all the rogue itemisation we've seen in TBC so far shows Blizzard are going down the AP/Agi route rather than Str/Agi.

So really the comparison should be 200 agi for rogues and 100 str and 100 agi for warriors.

I am already desperately short of crit when wearing any gear with decent stamina :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users