12 replies to this topic

#1 Solaris

Solaris

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:45 PM

I uploaded a new version of the sheet.
I added all known rare items over level 100 and all epic items over level 80 and deleted lower items, the exception being the Black Grasp of the Destroyer for obvious reasons. Also, the level 70 Agi/Crit/Dodge conversions should be correct now, as should the level 70 base hunter/pet stats (thanks Zeboim). Besides fixing a lot of little bugs I added gem colors to the equipment and gem tabs (r/y/b/m = red/yellow/blue/meta).
The most important improvement is the “Clip Autoshots” option for Steady Shot. This determines if Steady Shot should be spammed whenever the cooldown is ready or if you want to wait for the next Autoshot.
For this I reworked the Steady Shot / Auto Shot formula, so there may be errors. The relevant areas are “Unclipped Weapon Speed”, “Avg Steady Shot Delay”, “Steady Shot Cast Time”, “Modified Weapon Speed” and “Avg Modified SS Delay” on the “Mods” tab. Of course the formula can never be completely accurate since the haste fluctuates in reality while it is averaged over time in the sheet.

http://savefile.com/files/235456

#2 Cesar2000

Cesar2000

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:25 PM

Since it's been up for awhile and no one else has commented... I don't have allot of input except that the final output is impressive. 4.7 minutes of 950dps with Viper up on 20% reduction is dreamy :D. Let's hope it all works out.

dear.. god! What gear is that with, current lvl 60s?

#3 Zurai

Zurai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:53 PM

You're missing a lot of gear, gems, and so on. I suggest running through the thottbot beta database and/or the beta forums (which are of course open to the public now) on some rainy day and updating it.

One thing I noticed that seems odd to me: I put in the numbers for a 41/20/0 build with level 70ish gear, no gems. When I toggle on Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, and KC I get a 268 second sustainability. When I leave the other two on and remove Arcane Shot, I get a 2,442 second sustainability. The drop in DPS is negligble, only about 35. Something seems screwed up there.

EDIT: Oh, btw, that build netted ~1,500 total DPS and slightly outdamaged the default Marks/Slaying/Focus Fire build with the same gear.

#4 Zeboim

Zeboim

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:33 PM

I looked at most of it and found some errors. However some things I'm sure on and others I'm less sure on.

Very sure:
Taurens hp modifier should be 1.05 instead of 1.1
Hunters agi:crit ratio at level 70 is close to 40:1
The pet ability scorpid poison ticks every 2 seconds but the cd is 4 seconds .(you will probably need another column)
Quivers dont have a haste rating.
All pets have been normalized to have 2 second attack speed.

Kinda sure:
Pets gain 24 focus every 4 seconds instead of 5

Educated guesses based on my observations and deductions:
At level 70 hunters will gain about 2k base hp and 2k base mana.
Also hunters should gain an additional 20 agi and 10 of the other stats going from 60-70.

Also there are leg enchants(cant be used on head) made from leatherworking

Legs: Nethercobra Leg Armor: 45 ap and 12 crit
Legs: Cobrahide Leg Armor :40 ap and 10 crit

#5 Zurai

Zurai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:10 AM

Kinda sure:

It's 24 every 5. They only get two ticks maximum per Bite cooldown.

#6 Solaris

Solaris

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

You're missing a lot of gear, gems, and so on. I suggest running through the thottbot beta database and/or the beta forums (which are of course open to the public now) on some rainy day and updating it.

One thing I noticed that seems odd to me: I put in the numbers for a 41/20/0 build with level 70ish gear, no gems. When I toggle on Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, and KC I get a 268 second sustainability. When I leave the other two on and remove Arcane Shot, I get a 2,442 second sustainability. The drop in DPS is negligble, only about 35. Something seems screwed up there.

I didn't include any stuff you would not wear at level 70, such as the lvl 60 gems. As soon the level cap is raised to 70 and new items/gems become known I'll addd them (and probably delete some of the old items).

I guess the mana cost of the Steady Shot rotation was just a few mana over the mana gain, hence the high sutainability. Since Acrance Shot is considerably less efficient (the highest rank is used, can be changed on the Mods tab), the drop off is accordingly steep.

I looked at most of it and found some errors. However some things I'm sure on and others I'm less sure on.

Very sure:
Taurens hp modifier should be 1.05 instead of 1.1
Hunters agi:crit ratio at level 70 is close to 40:1
The pet ability scorpid poison ticks every 2 seconds but the cd is 4 seconds .(you will probably need another column)
Quivers dont have a haste rating.
All pets have been normalized to have 2 second attack speed.

Kinda sure:

Educated guesses based on my observations and deductions:
At level 70 hunters will gain about 2k base hp and 2k base mana.
Also hunters should gain an additional 20 agi and 10 of the other stats going from 60-70.

Also there are leg enchants(cant be used on head) made from leatherworking

Legs: Nethercobra Leg Armor: 45 ap and 12 crit
Legs: Cobrahide Leg Armor :40 ap and 10 crit

Do you happen to know the agi->dodge ratio, too?
The Scorpid Poison stacks, I assume it has the same mechanics as Deadly Poison (it refreshes itself with every application after the maximum amount of stacks has been reached).
The ratio of Quivers is just so that I don't need another column.

Thanks for the feedback, I will add it to the sheet.

#7 Zeboim

Zeboim

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:39 AM

Ok, I did some research and found this handy little API function

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetCritChance(9))

After 2 hours I figured out what our ratios will be at level 70.

Agility->Crit will be 42.389
Agility->Dodge will be 30.898

I dont think you would want more than 3 decimal places.

#8 Zeboim

Zeboim

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:33 AM

Ok. I hit 70 and ran some tests. This is for an orc hunter.

Base hp: 3388
Base mp: 3103
Base str: 67
Base agi: 148
Base sta: 110
Base spi: 86
Base int: 74
Base Armor: 0
Base crit: -1.532% (yes that means we have a passive negative crit chance)

Agi:Crit = 40:1 Exactly
Agi:Dodge: = 25:1 Exactly

My pet is not level 70 yet. When it is I will update this with the pet stats. Also for the base numbers, I subtracted the base sta from the displayed hp to find the base hp and I did so for the other stats..

#9 Fugazor

Fugazor

King Hippo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

negative crit?! are you sure you maxed your ranged weapon skill? seems like beta bug imo

#10 Zeboim

Zeboim

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:02 AM

negative crit?! are you sure you maxed your ranged weapon skill? seems like beta bug imo

Crap. I had 345 skill when I calculated that(5 less than normal). I leveled up my gun skill and redid the caculations and ended up with -1.532% crit as a base. You can find out yourself. When I was nakid(and sexy) I had 2.168 ranged crit and 148 agi. Now take 2.168 and subtract 148/40 and you get -1.532. Its sad and I'll be reporting it as a bug soon. Also I updated what I posted before.

#11 Bryne

Bryne

The Treachery of Forums

•  Patrons
  • 4436 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:05 AM

When I was nakid(and sexy) I had 2.168 ranged crit and 148 agi. Now take 2.168 and subtract 148/40 and you get -1.532. Its sad and I'll be reporting it as a bug soon. Also I updated what I posted before.

This seems to be pretty consistent with what people are seeing, unless there's some unannounced change or mechanic that we're missing.

Its a similar thing to when someone says ¢0.75 when they want to say is "seventy-five cents", ie $0.75

#12 Fugazor

Fugazor

King Hippo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:44 PM

i tested lvl60 @ ptr
equiped only some white bow

120 agi (2.08 crit)
5 crit from talents

and it is correct 7.08% crit @ char screen
build 7/41/3

EDIT: WAIT a sec... 120 agi = 2.08 crit? 58 agi/crit?
bug!

Well reported, pray for blue read and fix.

#13 Solaris

Solaris

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:09 AM

Uploaded a new version (ignoring the bugged base crit for now, or is it already fixed?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users