• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Fflewt

Fflewt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

If there are less than the required number of caster DPS targets for Unchained Magic, Sindragosa will target extra healers. This includes targets which are not valid at the moment of the cast because they are encased in an ice tomb. We saw this a few weeks on a 10 man hardmode attempt where we had 1 warlock and 3 healers, and two of the healers would be afflicted with unchained magic while the warlock was dead or tombed.

If you are in the business of raid stacking, going with all casters is the better way to go about it.

This must be on hard-mode only. Our 10-man kills of Sindragosa (few as they may be) typically involve 0 caster dps and 3 healers. Only 1 healer at a time ever had unchained magic.

#82 Kuku

Kuku

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:48 AM

This must be on hard-mode only. Our 10-man kills of Sindragosa (few as they may be) typically involve 0 caster dps and 3 healers. Only 1 healer at a time ever had unchained magic.

I can confirm that Sindragosa will target 2 healers on heroic 10-man if there is no living caster DPS.

#83 Arghoslent

Arghoslent

Banned

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

Even though the title of this thread suggests the normal mode of Sindragosa encounter, I'll ask a question about the hard mode here. I don't want to get another infraction for creating a new unnecessary thread...

So my guild has started working on Sindragosa 25 man heroic mode. Apart from many other aspects, I'm especially interested in the tanking aspect, as I'm main tanking the bony hag. After the first pull I realised that my gear for normal mode needs a little tweaking...
So now I wear frost resistance set, with 510 frost res with the paladin aura (crafted chest, boots, belt, ring + head enchant + spell damage reduction meta + 2/2 in Improved Spell Reflection)). Thanks to some level 277 armor pieces I remain at 540 defense and at 60k health.
I resist quite a lot, I think I fully resist about 50% of Frost Breaths. Frost damage is basically a non issue, even when I accidentally get too many melee debuffs (like 6-7). But then, she hits like an angry 16-wheeler on overdrive physically! So what I managed to mitigate in spell damage I get twofold in physical damage... She hits me for up to 38k per hit. Needless to say, crafted frost gear demolishes my avoidance and armor, so it's not even surprising.
What seems to be the best gear balance here? Go for full frost resist, or aim for armor and stamina? I think I've seen examples of both. During most of about 20 attempts we made yesterday I drop very low quite often due to her physical damage. Any opinions?

#84 murlok

murlok

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

I tried few options and settled for 1 FR piece (chest) and stoneblood flask. With pally aura I am at 295 FR. 62k hp and 38k armor. Basically you need enough FR to leave through frost breath using a cd.

Tank need to run out for blistering cold and healers need to be ready with big heals to land after each frost breath. Switch tanks after each frost breath to clear debuffs in phase 3. For each frost breath use cd or sindragosa trinket. Also we do it with 8 healers (3 get unchained all the time).

#85 Kuku

Kuku

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Sindragosa's melee damage is what you should be primarily concerned with on heroic 25-man. Come up with a potential cooldown rotation for frost breaths (if something goes wrong with mystic buffet stacks) and drop a couple pieces of frost gear.

#86 MatsT

MatsT

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

You probably still want to be aiming for something like 400-450 Frost Resistance. Being forced to rely on cooldowns for Breaths as early as on 3-4 stacks leaves you very vulnerable when the tank healers gets Unchained Magic, gets ice blocked, or simply need to reset their stacks. As long as you keep buffs and debuffs up properly you shouldn't be getting 2-shot if you have like 65k hp.

#87 saiyajinmaster

saiyajinmaster

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

That seems like an excessive amount of FR to me. I've found going for only a bit of FR and stacking armor to be far more beneficial, although obviously I'm a DK, but still I've almost never seen the frost breath actually kill anyone, it hits really hard to be sure but with the cast time beforehand it's easy to be topped off, and have new heals incoming when it hits, conversely she hits like a mack truck and has the loveley tendency to melee + cleave at the same time, resulting in upwards of 50k damage in a second from physical, dropping armor for excessive FR (Especiall if it's costing you stamina too) sounds like a recipe for disaster. Just keep cooldowns up basically all the time. As best you can anyway.

#88 MatsT

MatsT

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

Her cleave is a "next swing" attack and not an instant attack, so it's not actually dangerous for the tank. Regarding the amount of Frost Resistance, if you "always keep cooldowns up" i don't think you would die from the melee attacks either. Being forced to rely on cooldowns too early against the breaths is risky since healers gets taken out of the fight quite frequently.

#89 Malevolencia

Malevolencia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

For our two heroic 25man kills, we've had tanks not using special resist gear (except for onyxia rings if any) as the melee was far more of an issue than that breaths. For the final phase, you should be swapping tanks every ice tomb (16seconds~~) so the mystic buffet doesn't really get that dangerous, and you can still pop cooldowns on breathes if you're worried about your stacks. Quite often the breaths come when you have 1-2stacks and don't need a cooldown, and usually you swap to the next tank before he breaths again, so you get none while you have 3+ stacks most times you tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users