A thread full of druids. (Formerly "The point of Feral Attack power?")

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 Kazanir

Kazanir

Mr. Sandman

•  Patrons
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:15 AM

(there ya go, Graham, I used a non-feral druid example :D).

Does it really matter? As we all know, as the number of posts approaches infinity, the probability of any given thread becoming a druid thread is equal to 1.

I posted this a long time ago in the thread when it was announced that raids would be 10- and 25- man only. In light of recent events, I propose that we call it Beef's Law.
'War' is too small a word for what I'm fighting. Like a candle in front of the whole burning Sun. Now, I am not going to die today. I have other projects, and other options.

You can come with me. I can protect you.

#142 Zyla

Zyla

Ravaging the Art World.

• Allied Members
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:16 AM

A friend's guild on Staghelm is, at last count, on 4H and has 9 active raiding druids...and 1 priest, heh.

I'd love to see their raid setting; I assume it has alot of BR ME NOW! and innervates flying all over the place.

They also were not far behind progression; I think they were on Thaddius at a time when the leading guilds were on Loatheb.

This is similar to my guild - until recently we've had 3 80% priests. There are many raids where we'd have 3 priests ,6 druids and 6 paladins.

Good times.

Zyla, International Man of a Certain Standard.

That's right, I met my future wife through Zyla. :shudder:

#143 Zyla

Zyla

Ravaging the Art World.

• Allied Members
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:19 AM

(there ya go, Graham, I used a non-feral druid example :D).

Does it really matter? As we all know, as the number of posts approaches infinity, the probability of any given thread becoming a druid thread is equal to 1.

I posted this a long time ago in the thread when it was announced that raids would be 10- and 25- man only. In light of recent events, I propose that we call it Beef's Law.

I'll second this motion.

I'd propose Zyla's corollary - In any thread mentioning druids, feral spec will invariably be mentioned.

Zyla, International Man of a Certain Standard.

That's right, I met my future wife through Zyla. :shudder:

#144 Kazanir

Kazanir

Mr. Sandman

•  Patrons
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:26 AM

feral spec will invariably be mentioned.

And it's raiding viability will be questioned, thereby derailing the thread.
'War' is too small a word for what I'm fighting. Like a candle in front of the whole burning Sun. Now, I am not going to die today. I have other projects, and other options.

You can come with me. I can protect you.

#145 Tyvi

Tyvi

Never, Mags. Never!

• • Guide Author
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:39 PM

I guess noone cares anymore, but I found this while browsing the WoW forums:

List of all the new Druid Weapons

#146 hughheifer

hughheifer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:30 PM

In my opinion, druid talents should have been much less of a defining factor, and druids should have received gear much stronger than other classes (instead of weaker gear and stronger talents.) Gear with literally +to every ability is much stronger on a shaman or paladin than a druid, because you're not able to utilize it all at the same time.

Or int/spirit/spell crit/spell hit should have converted into melee stats when shapeshifted.

Because there's simply no way to switch roles in combat and at any one time, so much of the class is going to waste.

I don't have a good solution, even giving us vanish to switch gear once in combat wouldn't really be ideal. I was really hoping we could have like one or two sets of gear, period, though, in the vein of genesis/warlord. Unfortunately, the item budget would leave gear like that entirely too inferior for tanking or healing, meaning it'd lose in the end.

One of the reasons i absolutely loved pvp on my druid was because i wove moonfires with rips, starfires with bashes, rooted and restealthed, pounced someone then healed the person he was attacking, etc. i had the ability to utilize everything using hybridized gear.

unfortunately, even that fell apart because other classes' gear scales way better than ours.

Edit: Obviously i'm not advocating the ability to heal as well as a holy priest and tank as well as a prot warrior and dps as well as a combat rogue just by shapeshifting. it should be possible to be virtually interchangable with them under the current system if you're geared and talented entirely for it, because frankly you give up everything else to do it. I don't like being godmode, or as someone else said, being able to switch classes easier than rerolling. i wish there was a way for us to be genuine hybrids but the item budget and the reality of raid gameplay doesn't allow it.

#147 Elendril

Elendril

KINDOFABIGDEAL

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:21 PM

since this is the de facto druid thread of the moment and i've got some flag carrying to do on my alt this weekend - what do people think is the best wsg build at 60 with the new talents ? :)

#148 Lavode

Lavode

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:35 PM

I will tell you when I actually see which version of the talents goes live :-)

#149 Boevis

Boevis

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

NS + HoTW is still going to be the best. In fact, it just got better with PI added to feral, and all the Feral talents from balance merged into Resto.

#150 Irshish

Irshish

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:23 AM

Liar suggests this is because Blizzard is assuming we all have HotW.

The druid "nuker" set has the same exact stam value. So clearly it is not that.

They appear to just think druids dont take nearly as much damage or something...

My guess it is because we have the potential to go into Bearform boosting our survivability significantly. Because we have the ability to "turtle-up" (or Bear-Up if you like) Blizzard moved some stamina points into other things.

#151 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:41 AM

Wait, wait. The druid 'nuke' set gets balanced on stamina on the assumption that the druid can turn into a bear and... nuke? Something's wrong with this picture. :unsure:
upstart feline miscreant (32 feral/9 resto)

#152 Anaram

Anaram

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:04 AM

Wait, wait. The druid 'nuke' set gets balanced on stamina on the assumption that the druid can turn into a bear and... nuke? Something's wrong with this picture. :unsure:

Nah, it's just meant as penalty for those who chose puny night elf over mighty tauren.

On a more serious note there's still plenty of room to customize your sets and other pieces for stamina or whatnot. The stamina has been omitted in favour of other stats which to me seems justifiable - we are pretty high survival class with two instant hots, and as long as the stats are there somewhere I'm content with a bit lower stamina in favour of spell power or resilience. :)

#153 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:32 AM

The Malorne melee set has a total of 124 sta, 1137 armor.

The Malorne healer set has a total of 101 sta, 1088 armor.

The Malorne Nuker set has a total of 107 sta, 1088 armor.

I guess that we can say feral druids are intended to have more life than their resto and balance counterparts.

However... If you look at the rogue Netherblade set, it has a total of 149 stamina, 1354 armor, which is far larger than the feral druid's set. This suggests that HotW and Thick Hide are being figured into feral druids' armor. That is: 124 stamina * 120% (HotW) = 149 stamina; 1137 armor * 110% (Thick Hide) = 1250.

Which was of course, discussed earlier in this thread, but still, sigh. Nothing like working the numbers for yourself.

#154 Meddler

Meddler

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:42 AM

For the melee set at least Tuftears some of those stats shown are out of date compared to the most recent beta build - most notably the armour on most of the pieces is notably higher.

Edit:

Stats as below. Grabbed from http://forums.worldo...&sid=1&pageNo=2 , have also seen these elsewhere in screenshots. Looks like the only change was the AC values at least at first glance.

E105, 321 AC (+? AC included) +38 Str +27 Agi +24 Sta +15 Int +14 Spi, +12 Hit, YS MS (+4 Agi): Malorne Head Raid Tier 4 Druid Melee Set

E110, 280 AC (+? AC included), +30 Str +24 Agi +21 Sta +14 Int +13 Spi, BS BS (+3 Crit): Malorne Shoulders Raid Tier 4 Druid Melee Set

E105, 383 AC (+? AC included), +29 Str +32 Agi +22 Sta +15 Int +14 Spi, YS RS BS (+4 Hit): Malorne Chest Raid Tier 4 Druid Melee Set

E105, 238 AC (+30 AC included) +29 Str +24 Sta +13 Int +12 Spi, +21 Crit: Malorne Gloves Raid Tier 4 Druid Melee Set

E110? 342 AC (+? AC included), +40 Str +28 Agi +33 Sta +17 Int +16 Spi: Malorne Legs Raid Tier 4 Druid Melee Set

#155 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:51 PM

(Edit for more content)

Thottbot Beta doesn't list the changed items you show, but going from what you write:

Netherblade totals: 344 attack power, 66 agility, 149 sta, +54 hit, +71 crit, 1141 armor
Rogue AP: 410 AP, 101.8 crit, 54 hit

(assuming, my memory is sketchy, 30 agility=1% crit for rogues at level 60)

Malorne Harness totals: 166 str, 111 agi, 124 sta, +12 hit, +21 crit, 1564 armor
Malorne with HotW: 509.4 AP, 91 crit, 12 hit

(assuming again, 22 agility=1% crit for druids at level 60)

Hmm. Considered in cat-to-rogue, I'm thinking it's kind of even. Less stamina, more armor, and rogue AP historically scales worse than druid AP. Equitable?

#156 Caliane

Caliane

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

The Malorne melee set has a total of 124 sta, 1137 armor.

The Malorne healer set has a total of 101 sta, 1088 armor.

The Malorne Nuker set has a total of 107 sta, 1088 armor.

Just as a side note.

Scryer mage t4 set.
http://www.thottbot.com/beta?set=648

112 stam. lawl?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users